Suikoden Unique and Illusional Kibbutz Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

do you hear that?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: do you hear that? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is is just me or, is there a lack of composers on our forum? I don't want to bore you with tales of "my other haunts" but where I went else where occasinaly we have some people who make music from their beloved game, in "my case" its in the Ecco The Dolphin community(s). These people are now few, but at one time we had quite a numer of active members, somtimes rising up to take requests.

so here we are, the few and many of Suikox.com and or maybe the other Suiko-places (to me this forum, Suikosource and the two now dead forums are all "interlinked" being friends and seemingly one the same) so I say/ask "where are the suiko-music-guys?" where are our members who say "i have some free time, sugest or request a remix?"

there aren't even many suikoden Midis, I figure I'll collect them and upload them, make a disclaimer exclaiming that, "i'm sorry I 'stole your work' but its rare, and the fans will apperaciate it"
where are the suiko-remixes at overclocked? (hey they ignored me when I went and asked for some remixes)

here we have it folks, come come....stand up if you are musicly talented. You may be hounded to no end or "burnt at the stake" for nosily proclaiming your love for Midis. Its ok! come out...I think the offical music-dude of SARS or Suikosource will make a beloved member of our "community"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

While not an actual composer, I'm very interesting in playing music, and have made guitar tablature of the melodies of a bunch of Suikoden music....pretty much anything besides the main melody is too hard for me to hear, although I've put some of them in my tabs from viewing the source of midis in MidiNotate..

Suikoden I -
Dragon's Den - http://www.suikosource.com/kornholio/dragonknightstab.txt
I've also made an MP3 on a 4-track tape recorder of this, sorry about the poor mixing levels, it was my first attempt at four-track recording anything.
http://www.suikosource.com/kornholio/dragonsden.mp3

Gregminster - http://www.suikosource.com/kornholio/gregminstertab.txt

Dancing Girl(Kirov) - http://www.suikosource.com/kornholio/dancinggirltab.txt
This is just a partial one.

Suikoden II -
Rokkaku - http://www.suikosource.com/kornholio/rokkakuthemetab.txt
The last part of this is wrong, I should fix it sometime.

Greenhill - http://www.suikosource.com/kornholio/greenhilltab.txt

South Window - http://www.suikosource.com/kornholio/southwindowtab.txt

Suikoden III -
Chisha - http://www.suikosource.com/kornholio/chishatab.txt
This is really, really partial. Just the first part, I think.

Suikoden IV -
Violin and Piano theme(don't know what its called) - http://www.suikosource.com/kornholio/s4violinpiano.txt

I once planned on doing MP3s for all of the ones I knew how to play, but I got sidetracked.....and oh yeah, I don't have a four-track any more :)
Snowe Vingerhut

Snowe's Legion

10109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

spam edit
Schala-Kid

Sol Incorruptible

68845 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

wow KoRnholio, that's so great that you've done that! i've done a few pieces, but being a piano player, it's more just conversion of the melody section to the guitar - my hands suck at moving too much, and generally it's the melody which makes suikoden's music so fantastic - currently, the bustling castle music is stuck in my head.

as for a suiko remix on OC - i found one a while ago! it was um... from suikoden I, the bit with the bandits, and i thought it was one of the better ones there - i can try looking for it again.

I'm not musically talented - my only talent is not needing sheet music: ie, i can here something, give me between 30 seconds - 2 hours, and i can at least figure out how to play the melody. i found the music from suikoden III a little more difficult because i felt there were layers of melodies there, each one important at a certain section.

ah um... here.
http://amalthaea.tripod.com/suikbrherra.txt (right click, save as). It's the song from uh... Radat
*hides*
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Schala, I'd consider that a great talent indeed! I'd consider myself lucky to be able to do what you can do.

I always say I can play any instrument ever...although I can't play them in any degree of skill, or indeed play any notes of any kind at all.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

oh but i'm a musical turnup....I can't even hum, all I can do is run around and order people to do midis.

id like to see melodies to, I figure if you hum one tune and you accidently do another in mid "do-da-do" then those two songs can blend good

even though there are vocals...wheres a midi of um Suikoden 3's theme (i know the title, just cannot spell it)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just transcribed the whole Muse City theme (its called something like Let's Climb That Hill), as I thought the Muse midi that was currently in existence wasn't good enough(not enough of the backing parts). The rhythms and accompaniment to the melody are very straightforward so I was actually able to get every part down. Problem is, I wrote it in Finale Workbook, which can only save to its .MGH and .MUS formats. Does anyone know how people make .mid files? Is there a program to convert from .MGH or .MUS to .MID that doesn't cost money? I'd like to start transcribing more midi files, but it'd kind of suck if I can't actually convert them to .mid files.....
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

oh...yeah the Muse city midi that exists is horrible, it made my brain cry.

Is your program like Presto or NWC KoRnholio? I think we shuld go on this crucade and force Suiko-midis and the likes on the world.

Oh I can't wait to see some remixes...or style shifting. Like a Grenmister theme done ala....Flaminco or somthing.

(please excuse the splling, i use lots of words I cannot spell)

KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, its kind of like NWC.

To be specific I have Finale Workbook and Finale Notepad. They are both toned down versions of plain old Finale, which I know can either save as or export to midi. Problem is it costs money.

But I used to have NWC, maybe if I still have it I'll see if it can open the Finale file and convert to midi.

I'm not much of a remixer, though, probably because I've never heard a remix that I've ever liked. I prefer the original Neclord theme to Gothic Neclord, Rockland theme to Rock Rockland, etc. I'm more interested in transcribing stuff that hasn't been transcribed yet, anyway. In particular I'm thinking of the Forgotten Days(Village of the Hidden Rune) from Suikoden I theme next. Maybe sometime in the future I'll make a music section at SIS to house all of my various Suikoden works and other peoples' works, if they have them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: