Suikoden Ugly and Inspirational Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Fantasy Hockey Pool [2006/2007]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blasphemy wrote:
Man, I hate one and dones.... I feel like the Ottawa Senators.... you know those buggers who do really well in the season but couldn't win a playoff game against a group of surfers. Ugh. Next year, I think Tull will join, and if we can get a few more, we can have a proper sized league. This year it was really close, one bad week and you fall really far.

Good luck to the two shades of red. I'll beat up the Exiles team and win the 3rd place trophy!

Could be worse,you could be like my Oilers go to the finals one year and miss the playoffs the next,that pissed me off how bad they're doing.

This was a 6 team battle all year,like real hockey you get hot you pull away from the rest of the league,then a cold streak kills you fast.

Just hope your players don't fall a sleep on you in the 3rd place game and you wind up 4th place.

I like how i built my team but unfortunately too many guys didn't live up to my expectations.

I wish my playoff battle with Exile was better,but those are the breaks,you got me,Scarlet,yourself for sure that's half of our current league for sure.

Let's hope Tull joins us,and,Moon knight,Locke and Exile return next year,it was cool that we used our suikox locations as our team names,now Nameless vs Kooluk for all the marbles.

We need more teams to make it tougher to stack the teams up front,or in my case between the pipes.

Exile is an awesome weekly reports man on our hockey pool results,maybe Moon Knight can add the sports pool results in the comment box,sort of a sports section,it could get more attention to each and every sports pool that gets run by suikox members.

http://www.myspace.com/lonelion7769
http://www.duefiumi.com
http://z6.invisionfree.com/suikocross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Exile is an awesome weekly reports man on our hockey pool results

Thanks very much! I apologise for taking a week off at a crucial time though, I've had my mind on other things than suikox for a few days but things are back to normal running again now that the particular issue is all resolved. That said I won't backtrack and do last weeks I'm sure you're all aware of what's happened by now so there's not really any need for me to spell it out at this point.

What I will say though is this final week of match ups have proved pretty interesting so far, the under-underdog Nameless Enigmas are leading the final matchup against the Krushinators and the Highland Strikers and Tinto Titans are all tied up at 5 with both team's possessing a shutout as well, two really interesting matchups! Blasphemy has the tie breaker over me if the result stays in a draw but if you've ever seen me make score predictions I never pick draws and I have a feeling this one won't end that way either.

Locke, Lonelion; thanks for playing guys, you both had good teams built and things just didn't go your way in the playoffs where a couple of people being off their game for just one week can totally kill you (I'm looking at the goalies in particular!). I think we'll be back next year hopefully with a bigger league and the same level of great competition throughout, in the mean time there's the playoffs coming up, the entry draft and the free agent signing period too so I look forward to discussing the various moves around the league with all of you guys in the near future.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I loved playing in this,you can say we felt the ups and downs of the real game each week,except we got no minor league team to call up prospects(unless you want to call free agency our shared system).

I'll keep a close eye on the playoffs,even though my Oilers didn't make it this year,i love falling the Major junior ranks up here in Canada,O.H.L where i live.

London swept out Owen Sound,Kitchener swept out Sarnia,Windsor never made the O.H.L playoffs,i'm even rooting on the Soo in their series against Saginaw(following these series in the newspaper),Dave Torrie who works in the Soo's front office use to live in my region,he's a classy guy and would love to see his Greyhounds go far in the playoffs.

We have 3 months until N.H.L draft day,i always look for to seeing that on tv and looking over the emails the N.H.L and My Oilers send me(the newsletters).

I'm hoping the former London Knight players become big stars on the Oilers team lord knows they need all the help they can get after Ryan Smyth being traded away.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I am back from my medical hiatus and I'm glad to see that my team has held up in my absence from a computer. I had to call my friend Mikey to to do my changes for last week. He knows nothing about fantasy sports or Hockey, so that was a fun phone conversation trying to explain to him what he was doing for me, but as you can see I got the job done.

Also, I am so glad I came out of the hospital when I did because I was completely unaware that the finals stretched on for 2 weeks. I had Mikey check the scores on Sunday and he told me I was winning 9-2 and I thought that it was over and I had been victorious, but for some reason the finals stretch for 2 weeks. It makes litle to no sense in my eyes why we are having a 2 week finale when every matchup thus far has been 1 week. That'd be like telling the Players and teams in the Superbowl they need to play 8 quarters instead of 4.

But being the sport I am, I'll comply with this, dispite the completely illogical reasonings, whatever they may be. Scarlet isn't too far behind me and his team is pretty good. I just hope my team can hold him off for the next week.

On average, my team is doing very well. Nobody, aside from Brian Campbell, has been doing nothing. In the hospital, my only source for hockey news was ESPN, and as you know, they tend to skimp on stats and highlights for the NHL, especially with March Madness and the beginning of the MLB season upon us. Oh and their over-emphasized "Detroit Lions ar ON THE CLOCK" NFL segments showcasing each team's weakspots and Mel Kiper Jr. retarded Draft picks a month before the draft even happens. And the only decent NHL analyst they have, Barry Melrose, is out watching the Frozen 4 so their coverage was even less the past week. Enough about my ESPN rants. Had someone told me the stats of Brian Campbell, I'd have swapped him. Oh well, c'est la vie.

Regardless of if I win this whole thing or not, I've had assloads of fun and saying that my 6th place team triumphed over the rest of you is quite a feat and a treat. Never did I think that I'd beat Locke in anything, nor would I have dreamt of defeating Blasphemy in anything NHL related. Now its down to bragging rights between Sean and I. I thank all of you for participating and keeping this thing tight all season long.

And I'd also like to thank Mats Sundin for his phenominal 22 Shots on Goal and no goals to show for it, that makes me smile. And Cam Ward for the astronomical 9.58 GAA. One question I have about my side of the fence. How can Nik Backstrom have a shut out, but no wins? Did he come on as relief for Manny Fernandez or something?

Anyhow, Good Luck Scarlet in this final week of play.

EDIT: I looked deeper into the Nikolas Bakstrom mystery, apparently he had a shutout in regular play and OT, but lost in the Shoot out. Nifty.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This just in: Cam Ward is the biggest piece of shit that has ever lived. Good to know.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's all over and we have our fantasy hockey winner for the season Moon Knight comes up with the win after getting into the playoffs all the way from 6th place! Great work by the underdog team to win it all, congratulations to him.

Blasphemy beat me in the third place game because I played the wrong goalie last night, I figured Dallas would start Smith and give Turco a rest but they did not, the extra win would have made it 6-5 to me but as it was the 5-5 result (a draw which I said I doubted it would be, wrong on two counts!) the winner was determined by regular season record which Blasphemy had over me handily.

It's been a lot of fun and things stayed close until the end of the season which is a credit to all the participants. I'm looking forward to doing this again next season and also to the playoffs, even as I look in from the outside and wait for the draft and free agency. I hope it's an exciting off season.

Buh, I even lost in my other league final, at least I got second place in that.

RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, it was an exciting Playoffs. I had a lot of fun playing this all with you and look forward to defending my title next year. Being the champion is good. I'll have to throw it in my signature later or something. Once the trophy is in my showcase, I'll plop that in my sig somewhere.

Which reminds me, the scoring for the NCAA bracket thing was messed up and my 1st place there was revoked. So rather than being 1st, I scored like in the mid 100s. Stupid Yahoo not knowing how to score their own brackets. This was completely off subject but I felt the need to vent.

As for next year, are we going to have a Live Draft? If so, as the champion do I get to select where I pick in the draft? Or is there any way we can convert this to a sort of Keepewr league where we can select X number of players from our team to keep for next season? Because there's a few people I'd love to keep for next year but I know I won't get unless I get really lucky or trade my ass off for them.

The final day of the finals, I constantly reviewed my few players playing to Scarlet's. I realized that if Peter Budaj had a terrible game my GAA and SV% might drop and I wanted no chance to give him those 2 points (especially after seeing Ryan Miller not in for the Sabres, thus locking those 2 points as mine and drawing the Wins and Shutouts) so I benched him. Budaj eventually wound up not playing anyway. Its a shame the Avalanche didn't make the playoffs, but there's always next year. They finished the season so good too. The finals match between Scarlet and I was really close in most stats. I blew him away in Penalty minutes and he destroyed me in Power Play points, but the rest were withing 5 of each other, making the final days very stressful. Shots on goal, he only beat me by one and I only beat him by 2 or 3 in Goals, Assists and +/-.

Exile, I don't agree with your last day transactions. I think that its rather unfair that you swap out all your non-playing players for those that played Sunday. I too thought of doing it, but saw it as somewhat deceitful. I also spoke with Scarlet about it and we made the agreement to not do it as we should rely on our team that got us here rather than ditching them just because they didn't play on the last day of the season. If you had beaten Blasphemy, I'd probably be far more upset with you, but since Blasphemy won, I won't raise more stink. I think next year, we should make an unwritten rule that disallows for that on the last day. It just seems unfair to me.

But all in all a great season everyone. I look forward to watching the real playoffs now and hoping the Sabres come home with Lord Stanley's Cup.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Exile, I don't agree with your last day transactions.

Good for you! I didn't have a problem with doing it obviously and so I went ahead with it. I made no unwritten rules or agreements with Blasphemy, that was your choice to do so with Byakuya and not a thing to do with me at the end of the day. If Blasphemy had done it to me I wouldn't have complained I would have thought he was being pretty clever and that's what I based my decision on. I didn't do anything outside the rules so think what you will about me and my actions I don't really mind, I didn't even think of it as something to be seen as unfair at the time I did it.

We had a live draft this season as well by the way so I assume that's how we'll do it next year too, there's no reason not to I suppose since people can set their rankings pre-draft and don't even need to turn up for the draft if they can't make the time we go for. It is understandably difficult to make a full draft list from all the players in the league though so it's always best to set the time for when the maximum people can get into the draft as a live event. That and the conversation is more fun that way.

fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Congrats Red! Must be that Canadian air that makes it's way across Lake Ontario.

The Kooluk Krush went nuts after the new year. I swear, dude was in last place and then 2 weeks later he's in first. Crazy man!

Next year, hopefully we can get more players. We won't have a keeper because my hope is that we can entice a few more players into the league. Therefore, a keeper league would make it very unfair for new people to join. As it is right now, 6 players, while fun, every team is loaded. No depth, no difficulties. I believe Tull wanted to join, so next year I hope the 6 of us will join again, in addition with Tull and hopefully, between the 7 of us we can find a few more players.

It will be a live draft like this year. Lonelion was all quiet in the draft, but he was there, Scarlet was there and even Exile (with his horrible timezone) made it (eventually). Locke set his team up through autodraft, didn't do too bad. Next year, hopefully we can get more players.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I was quite content with my team considering I wasn't at the draft. I'm happy though, in my other fantasy hockey league I won the championship with a final round score of five to two.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't have Yahoo I.M at the start of the year,that's why i was silent,when we get more people in this pool next fall,things will be tricker all around.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10

Jump to: