Suikoden Unique and Inspirational Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Fantasy Hockey Pool [2006/2007]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Apparently I was wrong about playoff seeding, seems pretty stupid to me personally since now I may have been better off coming sixth in the league than I am by having come in fourth place (but who knows, it's not like Blasphemy's team is crap or anything) I just don't really see the point of putting things into brackets like that over doing normal playoff seeding like the actual NHL has. Nevermind.

Tinto Titans - 10
Mercenary Warriors - 1
In the fourth plays fifth match up things were settled pretty conclusively, more so than any of the regular season match ups between the pair of teams, in fact only a single powerplay point in Lonelion's favour stopped this from being a 10-0 game and a shutout in favour of the Titans. A key ingredient to the final score has to be the relative performances of each team's goaltenders, shockingly Brodeur was pulled from a game this week after a poor start and this contributed to his 3.65 GAA and .878 SV%, uncharacteristic numbers for a man some taut as the greatest goaltender ever in the league. Luongo played up to form and did very well but coupled with Brodeurs numbers it was not enough to defeat the combined form of Lehtonen, Emery and Turco which formed a very capable 1, 2, 3 punch in goal for the Titans this week all putting up .906 SV% or above, and all having GAA of less than 2.53.

All that said the best individual performance in this match up certainly came from Joe Sakic centering for Lonelion's Mercenery Warriors, 3 goals, 6 assists for an excellent 9 points. Player of the match up for the Titans could well be Ryan Smyth who in a losing effort against the Panthers for the Islanders scored 2 goals and got 3 assists for a five point night, pretty good numbers for the guy I considered the third choice of my left wingers (maybe lower depending on the night due to Havlat/Gaborik being dual-sided).

Locke's Empire - 3
Nameless Enigmas - 6
I would have said Locke being missing Zetterberg was a key factor in this match but looking at the numbers it's unlikely Zetts could have put up the 7 goals and 15 assists there were in difference between the two teams. Maybe he would have levelled things out on special teams since there are some pretty tight numbers there but from the looks of things really I have to say Moon Knight was good for his win, especially considering the mess up that occured with Semin last night (no one likes a Semin mess) who scored a hat trick and was somehow benched by Yahoo (same happened with me and Zhitnik last night too). Locke's team did have some good numbers, in particular his goalies played real well looking at those numbers with Kolzig leading the bunch with a .968 SV%, a 1.00 GAA as well I assume he was only in for last night's Tampa Bay match and didn't play any others I imagine without looking to confirm that. Lundqvist's shutout was good for a point on it's own.

Moon Knight's Knuble for Pominville switch proved good, Poms scored 3 goals, 1 game winner on 11 shots. Player of the week for Moon Knight is Sidney Crosby with 4 goals and 4 assists, 4 of which came on the powerplay and he had 14 shots. What a fourtastic perfourmance, Campbell was probably the second standout with 5 assists and a plus 5 this week, no puns on this one though I promise. Lundqvist was probably player of the week for Locke's team posting a shutout and very low GAA (at 1.66) and a pretty high save % at .941, only one win though. Aside from him Niedermayer had a great week putting up 6 assists from defence.

Northern Final
Highland Strikers
VERSUS
Nameless Enigmas

My geographical names aren't perfect but I wanted to give these games a better name than Semi-Final all the same. The Strikers off their bye week come into action against the Nameless Enigmas in what I think could be a very interesting match up since Moon Knight definitely has some good offensive potential in Heatley and Crosby up front, Backstrom and Giguere have beejn good in nets too, Budaj and the Avs are on a bit of a roll lately with Budaj winning something like 8 in his past 9 starts.

On Paper the Strikers have fantastic goaltending but honestly Kipper and Vokoun haven't been at their absolute best this season from what I've seen but all it takes is one week up to par and they could dominate. The Strikers also have a couple of injuries, Bertuzzi on IR and Kaberle and Elias on DTD notice, it has the potential to hurt them but we'll see.

Southern Final
Kooluk Krushinators
VERSUS
Tinto Titans

The Krushinators have had a great regular season run now to see if they play up to it or falter like the recent runs of the Red Wings. 3 Players on the Krushinators are on DTD notice, Cam Ward, Martin Straka and Brian Gionta while Gagne is on DTD for the Titans. Even with more injuries the Krushinators have a top notch group of offensive players and can really put up numbers, I don't know when his players are due back but the potential to outscore me regardless is certainly there anyway.

The goaltending looks fairly even in many respects, the Wings and Sabres are the best teams of the lot so the potential for wins is better on Scarlet's side of things but Lehtonen and Emery have been playing very well in particular lately so I'll need them to hold up. All in all, I'm definitely the underdog in this particular match up I would say.

Fifth Place Playoff
Locke's Empire
VERSUS
Nameless Enigmas

The wooden spoon match but looking down these line ups there are tons of good players involved in this, Ovechkin, Lidstrom, Savard, Sakic, Lecavalier, Pronger not to mention the goalies as well who are a pretty impressive group. This could well be a close game considering last week Locke's goalies were his point scorers and now they face arguably the best two in the league. Apparently building from the goal out did not work in fantasy hockey this time however as these two face off in the fifth place playoff.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Exile wrote:
Apparently I was wrong about playoff seeding, seems pretty stupid to me personally since now I may have been better off coming sixth in the league than I am by having come in fourth place (but who knows, it's not like Blasphemy's team is crap or anything) I just don't really see the point of putting things into brackets like that over doing normal playoff seeding like the actual NHL has. Nevermind.

Tinto Titans - 10
Mercenary Warriors - 1
In the fourth plays fifth match up things were settled pretty conclusively, more so than any of the regular season match ups between the pair of teams, in fact only a single powerplay point in Lonelion's favour stopped this from being a 10-0 game and a shutout in favour of the Titans. A key ingredient to the final score has to be the relative performances of each team's goaltenders, shockingly Brodeur was pulled from a game this week after a poor start and this contributed to his 3.65 GAA and .878 SV%, uncharacteristic numbers for a man some taut as the greatest goaltender ever in the league. Luongo played up to form and did very well but coupled with Brodeurs numbers it was not enough to defeat the combined form of Lehtonen, Emery and Turco which formed a very capable 1, 2, 3 punch in goal for the Titans this week all putting up .906 SV% or above, and all having GAA of less than 2.53.

All that said the best individual performance in this match up certainly came from Joe Sakic centering for Lonelion's Mercenery Warriors, 3 goals, 6 assists for an excellent 9 points. Player of the match up for the Titans could well be Ryan Smyth who in a losing effort against the Panthers for the Islanders scored 2 goals and got 3 assists for a five point night, pretty good numbers for the guy I considered the third choice of my left wingers (maybe lower depending on the night due to Havlat/Gaborik being dual-sided).

Locke's Empire - 3
Nameless Enigmas - 6
I would have said Locke being missing Zetterberg was a key factor in this match but looking at the numbers it's unlikely Zetts could have put up the 7 goals and 15 assists there were in difference between the two teams. Maybe he would have levelled things out on special teams since there are some pretty tight numbers there but from the looks of things really I have to say Moon Knight was good for his win, especially considering the mess up that occured with Semin last night (no one likes a Semin mess) who scored a hat trick and was somehow benched by Yahoo (same happened with me and Zhitnik last night too). Locke's team did have some good numbers, in particular his goalies played real well looking at those numbers with Kolzig leading the bunch with a .968 SV%, a 1.00 GAA as well I assume he was only in for last night's Tampa Bay match and didn't play any others I imagine without looking to confirm that. Lundqvist's shutout was good for a point on it's own.

Moon Knight's Knuble for Pominville switch proved good, Poms scored 3 goals, 1 game winner on 11 shots. Player of the week for Moon Knight is Sidney Crosby with 4 goals and 4 assists, 4 of which came on the powerplay and he had 14 shots. What a fourtastic perfourmance, Campbell was probably the second standout with 5 assists and a plus 5 this week, no puns on this one though I promise. Lundqvist was probably player of the week for Locke's team posting a shutout and very low GAA (at 1.66) and a pretty high save % at .941, only one win though. Aside from him Niedermayer had a great week putting up 6 assists from defence.

Northern Final
Highland Strikers
VERSUS
Nameless Enigmas

My geographical names aren't perfect but I wanted to give these games a better name than Semi-Final all the same. The Strikers off their bye week come into action against the Nameless Enigmas in what I think could be a very interesting match up since Moon Knight definitely has some good offensive potential in Heatley and Crosby up front, Backstrom and Giguere have beejn good in nets too, Budaj and the Avs are on a bit of a roll lately with Budaj winning something like 8 in his past 9 starts.

On Paper the Strikers have fantastic goaltending but honestly Kipper and Vokoun haven't been at their absolute best this season from what I've seen but all it takes is one week up to par and they could dominate. The Strikers also have a couple of injuries, Bertuzzi on IR and Kaberle and Elias on DTD notice, it has the potential to hurt them but we'll see.

Southern Final
Kooluk Krushinators
VERSUS
Tinto Titans

The Krushinators have had a great regular season run now to see if they play up to it or falter like the recent runs of the Red Wings. 3 Players on the Krushinators are on DTD notice, Cam Ward, Martin Straka and Brian Gionta while Gagne is on DTD for the Titans. Even with more injuries the Krushinators have a top notch group of offensive players and can really put up numbers, I don't know when his players are due back but the potential to outscore me regardless is certainly there anyway.

The goaltending looks fairly even in many respects, the Wings and Sabres are the best teams of the lot so the potential for wins is better on Scarlet's side of things but Lehtonen and Emery have been playing very well in particular lately so I'll need them to hold up. All in all, I'm definitely the underdog in this particular match up I would say.

Fifth Place Playoff
Locke's Empire
VERSUS
Nameless Enigmas

The wooden spoon match but looking down these line ups there are tons of good players involved in this, Ovechkin, Lidstrom, Savard, Sakic, Lecavalier, Pronger not to mention the goalies as well who are a pretty impressive group. This could well be a close game considering last week Locke's goalies were his point scorers and now they face arguably the best two in the league. Apparently building from the goal out did not work in fantasy hockey this time however as these two face off in the fifth place playoff.

Dam computer wouldn't let me change my line-up until Wednesday,so it cost the match i was already down 10-0 by then,it kept not allowing me access monday and tuesday to this playoff part.

Good luck to you,in the next round,now it's gonna be tough to stop from finishing dead last,i want to put my name in now for next year's hockey pool after this disaster i seek redemption.

http://www.myspace.com/lonelion7769
http://www.duefiumi.com
http://z6.invisionfree.com/suikocross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Stellar time for my forwards to forget how to score.

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know the feeling Locke. I'm at 0 goals and it's Thursday! I can't believe I"m going to lose to Phil because of all these injuries. Now I know how the Sabres felt last season.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scarlet Assassin wrote:
I know the feeling Locke. I'm at 0 goals and it's Thursday! I can't believe I"m going to lose to Phil because of all these injuries. Now I know how the Sabres felt last season.

Locke and myself are having a dandy of a clash as i expected,i guess your seeing the truth about playoffs Emperor Scarlet,that your regular season finish doesn't guarntee a championship.

These dam hockey pools are just as wild and crazy to predict,especially because of injuries to key players and them dreaded slumps they can go into.

If Blasphemy ever pms me,i'll gladly tell him i'm in for next years hockey pool,when he ever ask us about it that is.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Going to lose? My goalies haven't played a game yet! It's a weird week that's for sure.

Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Exile wrote:
Going to lose? My goalies haven't played a game yet! It's a weird week that's for sure.

Is there a reason why their teams are not playing these guys,some teams make weird choices on stuff.

Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Mike Smith and Martin Gerber played the only two games involving teams I have my goalies selected from so far this week, it's just a bit of bad luck for me, I should get a game from Lehtonen and Emery tonight, I can only hope they do well since Scarlet's guys are playing pretty good themselves.

Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, Ovechkin had me a nice game tonight, but alas, none of my goalies played. Though, I dumped Kolzig and reacquired DiPietro, hopefully that works out. Though, with the Isles playing the Rangers on Sunday, and also having Lundkvist, thats gonna be a tough one for me.

Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Locke wrote:
Well, Ovechkin had me a nice game tonight, but alas, none of my goalies played. Though, I dumped Kolzig and reacquired DiPietro, hopefully that works out. Though, with the Isles playing the Rangers on Sunday, and also having Lundkvist, thats gonna be a tough one for me.

Congradulations in beating me 7-3 in the 5th place game Locke,we'll just have book our place in the hockey pool on here for next season,so we can try to better our results from this one,so Blasphemy if your paying attention out there,i'm in for the next seasons hockey pool.

I had fun with my rookie season in it,despite finishing dead last.

Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can't believe my goalies outplayed yours Lonelion.

Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Locke wrote:
I can't believe my goalies outplayed yours Lonelion.

It happens,plus my other players didn't do as much as they could've either,they choked on me,your gang delievered keeping you out of the cellar.

How about Moon Knight he's in the Championship.

Last edited by Lonelion on Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How cool that the first place and last place get to play in the finals. That's really just a testament to how competitive our league was. I'm very happy with the way things turned out, so if we do this again next season, sign me up to kick all your sorry butts again.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scarlet Assassin wrote:
How cool that the first place and last place get to play in the finals. That's really just a testament to how competitive our league was. I'm very happy with the way things turned out, so if we do this again next season, sign me up to kick all your sorry butts again.

I look forward to the rematch Emperor Scarlet,good luck in the final,and i'll see in next year,let's get more than 6 people to make things more interesting.

The Kanakan made wine is on ice for this years pool champion that walks out the Vextor Cup Champions.

fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Man, I hate one and dones.... I feel like the Ottawa Senators.... you know those buggers who do really well in the season but couldn't win a playoff game against a group of surfers. Ugh. Next year, I think Tull will join, and if we can get a few more, we can have a proper sized league. This year it was really close, one bad week and you fall really far.

Good luck to the two shades of red. I'll beat up the Exiles team and win the 3rd place trophy!

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: