Suikoden Unique and Illegal Kriegspiel Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Fantasy Hockey Pool [2006/2007]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Exile wrote:
And the scores are in for the new week!

Tinto Titans - 7
Highland Strikers - 4
What can I say? It's a shame I don't get Emery's PIMs or it would have been 8 - 3 to me instead. Actually this is the first time across two leagues that I've beaten Blasphemy, he's had my number all year so I'm happy to have finally got the monkey off my back. Actually I'd got used to the monkey being there so it's strange to be without it now, Blasphemy the monkey I called it. Blasphemy made a bad call in not playing Nabokov because he had a shutout this week, can't really blame him when the alternatives are Vokoun and Kipper but still it's a decision that cost him a definite one point for the standings.

Locke's Empire - 8
Kooluk Krushinators - 3
Locke's good form continues as they take it to the league leaders to close up the gap. There is now a clear top two teams as opposed to a clear leader away from everyone else, the Forsberg trade probably helped in some respects, Peter took a ton of shots probably trying to make his mark on his new roster give him a little time and he could start lighting things up like the Forsberg of old (even if post-trade Upshall has outscored him so far 5 to 3 points). Marc Savard was the difference in the assist totals racking up 7 As on top of the 2 Gs that he popped in as well in a very impressive week for him. Scarlet's team still put up good numbers worthy of winning against any other opponent this week I believe, solid scores across the board but not enough to top the hot Empire team.

Nameless Enigmas - 5
Mercenary Warriors - 5
A very tight affair in this match up finishing just that way with a tied game. Vincent Lecavalier finished with a league high of 24 shots and 3 Kariya goals helped Lonelion take those two forward categories while the Nameless Enigmas led or tied all other forward categories. The difference for Lonelion in the end was his goaltenders again who put up good numbers. Something however tells me Moon Knight isn't checking his team and making changes though so it's rather impressive his team won anything, Moon Knight has 4 players with IR status and a goalie that is DTD, Afinogenov didn't play at all either, I think that he's hurt too but the Sabres didn't activate his IR status.

This week's matchups:

Tinto Titans
VERSUS
Mercenary Warriors

Highland Strikers
VERSUS
Locke's Empire

Nameless Enigmas
VERSUS
Kooluk Krushinators

By the way Lonelion, are you okay with me using teal as your colour or is there something not already taken you would prefer? I couldn't think of what to use for the mercenary and Highland already took white which I would use otherwise. Moon Knight is stuck with Purple because he was a Nameless Lander and that's what his name represents even if he's gone over to the mercenaries now.

Teal is ok for me,it's gonna hurt with Cole on I.R but that's why i added Perry i'm expecting him to produce ,just hope i don't get blown out too badly this week,well Atlanta added some scoring punch,tommorrow afternoons deadline might be interesting.

I'll likely get emails from Edmonton for trades they'll do,just like when the call-up or send down players,or sign and release players.

Gerald Coleman he was a really good junior hockey goaltender in London,i expect him to develop better now that he's out of Tampa Bay.

http://www.myspace.com/lonelion7769
http://www.duefiumi.com
http://z6.invisionfree.com/suikocross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tinto Titans - 3
Mercenary Warriors - 7
Bah! I was winning until two days ago, I made a cock up by playing Turco over Lehtonen on the last day which actually cost me two points, Turco's SV% took mine below Lonelion's and the extra win Lehtonen would have got would have given me 4 goalie wins to 3 but those are the breaks and bad decisions cost, this was one of those times. Even with that in mind Lonelion probably deserved the win considering his forwards/defencemen were far better than my own, yes mine grabbed 5 more goals but his group totally 12 more assists, +23 more, 24 more PIMS, 3 more powerplay points, 2 more SHP and 34 more shots for the week. The only thing I got his group on? Game winners.

Stand out players in this tie I'd probably say...Ryan Getzlaf, 4 assists, +3 rating, 2 PIMs, 9 shots. There were others that scored as well as he did and goals are probably more valuable but I think he's a lesser name than the alternatives and that makes his performance more worthy of note this time. On my team it would have to be Marian Hossa, 3 goals, 2 assists, +6 rating, 1 game winner and 11 shots on goal, great week again for my third choice right wing in the draft (after Jagr and... Cheechoo). No real argument on that one.

Highland Strikers - 7
Locke's Empire - 3
A tighter affair with low numbers of difference in most of the forward/defencemen categories than Lonelion against Exile saw, the Strikers took those at a total of 4 to 3 and looking across the board they only did it by narrow amounts like two goals more, +4 more and a couple of game winning goals, the PIMs was a more one sided affair with the Strikers gooning it up over the Empire team with ease. You'd never have guessed he was a Leaf fan, goons the lot of 'em (says the Broad Street Bully fan). in Locke's forward wins it was basically the same story, 8 more assists is comfortable but not massively dominant, 3 powerplay points more was enough to take that category and only 7 more shots on goal decided that, a number that one player alone could overturn in some weeks if you think about it. The real difference in this tie though was Blasphemy walking away with the goaltending stats and securing his victory through that route, good play from Kiprusoff and Vokoun taking it, another point could of been had if he played Nabokov last night though as he pitched a shutout against the Stars, so a slight mistake from the Strikers there, as none of Blasphemy's benched players played at all I question if he was checking his team this week though.

Standouts in this tie are Alexander Ovechkin as he racked up 3 goals and 3 assists, 3 Powerplay points and 13 shots. 3 is the magic number in his case it seems. For Blasphemy it goes to Pavol Demitra, like Ovechkin he was 3 and 3 for goals and assists but he is devoid of the minus rating, scored 4 of his points on the powerplay and one was a game winning tally. Good work from him.

Nameless Enigmas - 2
Kooluk Krushinators - 9

The Krushinators resecure their lead with Locke faltering and the Kooluk team winning against the Nameless Enigmas with ease. The Enigmas had better goaltending numbers but didn't meet the requirement minimum of three games played by their netminders due to injuries to Toskala and Fernandez. The Enigmas put up good goal totals, and also won the plus/minus race their numbers weren't bad and they included a Krushinator tieing three game winners. However the Krushinators were just good across the board putting up great totals in pretty much everything, most of their players scored 3+ points this week as they took the scoring in the match up handily 9-2.

Jokinen was the best player for the Enigmas, 5 goals and an assist, +5, 2 powerply points, 1 game winner, 4 PIM and 16 shots. Really impressive numbers for the Florida Panthers captain. Over on the league leading Krushinators, it's an embarassment of riches almost, Blake going 3 and 3, Spezza has 2 and 5 there's even a goalie who might be deserving as Miller posted a .920, 3 wins and 2.34 GAA. If he had a shutout at all he would have got it, instead I think Spezza gets the nod this week for the reason he has a couple of those points on the PP, decent +/- to go with it as well.

This week's matchups:

Tinto Titans
VERSUS
Locke's Empire

Highland Strikers
VERSUS
Nameless Enigmas

Kooluk Krushinators
VERSUS
Mercenary Warriors

With Locke's loss the five below Scarlet in the standings are still pretty closely positioned and anyone could claw themselves up the table a bit. The gap from last to second is still only 20 points and if Nameless got a good result against Locke in an upcoming matchup he could draw close so with position in mind everything's still to play for. The season is drawing closer to a finish now though so if people want to make up position there isn't long to do it.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow i was lucky last week,i knew what Mr Getzlaf was capable of doing,that Ducks team is loaded with great young forwards.

What's it like 4 or 5 weeks until the NHL Playoffs begin,that'll make roster changing interesting,releasing players from non-playoff teams and picking up players from the teams that make it in.

I think the playoff portion maybe the trickest to do,since talent pool shrinks with each passing round,and them imfamous upsets can mess up everything as well.

Good luck this week to everybody,i'll need it considering who my opponent is now.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Have I mentioned yet how I hate my inconsistent goalies?

3 Time Suikox WWE Fantasy Champion
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Locke wrote:
Have I mentioned yet how I hate my inconsistent goalies?

You just did now,how about inconsistent Forwards,and Defensemen too,they don't deserve any love either.

Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hasek's injured on my side so I'm coasting on Miller and thank God Ward's not playing like trash this week. With this being the last week, it looks like I took the league.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scarlet Assassin wrote:
Hasek's injured on my side so I'm coasting on Miller and thank God Ward's not playing like trash this week. With this being the last week, it looks like I took the league.

You've sewed up first overall,what's does it mean for the playoffs,or is this the end and time to prepare for the 2007 hockey pool?

Just curious since this was my first year doing this pool.

Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Playoff seeding. I hope my team gets it together, this two week slump needs to end.

Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heh, a week of not worrying about my team. This gives Hasek time to rest up and get ready to continue kicking ass like he was before last week. Phil, Lonelion, whichever one of you I face next, I wish you luck. Blas, I'll see you in the finals.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Whooo, 2nd to 5th was tight! I was 5th yesterday, but a solid outing against the Nameless Enigmas, who aren't all that much of an enigma and I have a first round bye!

Tinto Titans vs. Mercenary Warriors

The Merc Warriors have built a solid team revolving around two of the best (if not the best) goalies in the game and a defence corp unrivaled. Meanwhile, the Tinto Titans unlike their namesake have relied on quick shifty forwards to provide much offencive spark. With the best RW group in the league, it's hard to say if the rest of the Titan's team can keep up. It has in fact gotten so bad at the Titan's clubhouse that owner has resorted to yo mamma jokes. The Merc Warriors have a solid young group of forwards that many people passed on. Backed up with the veteran presence of players such as Sakic and Kariya. This is the most volatile matchup as one off-week by either team's areas of strength could spell disaster. Tough to call, but the prediction here is the Titans pull away Saturday night for the victory.

Locke's Empire vs. Nameless Enigmas

The Empire has a decided disadvantage in net, but a solid lineup throughout with gamebreakers at all other positions. The late season surge from Zets has helped solidify his forward lines. Back on D his two rocks of Nidermeyer and Lidstrom are all he needs, but he was able to augment it with Liles. Meanwhile, the Engimas have the NHL scoring leader and probably one of the best forward groups in the league. From Dany Heatley to Daniel Briere, the Enigmas offencive capability can turn the tide of the matchup in one night. Solid goaltending from Giggy might not be enough to off-set the poor play of Manny and Vesa who has been injured. The Enigmas have suffered through a bout of injuries. The two teams represent two different philosophies in team building. The Enigmas ability to score and gain offencive points cannot be discounted, however it came at the expense of a rather thin defence corps and only one goalie. The Empire on the otherhand are solid throughout with stars at each position. It's hard to say who will win this one, but the smart money is on the Empire.

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tinto Titans - 8
Locke's Empire - 3

Clearly 7 goals in a week is not good enough for the Titans but finishing the week with 38 assists, a +23 rating, 77 PIMs and 4 gamewinners helped the team prevail anyway. There was a real goaltending duel in this one, DiPietro and Lundqvist put up great numbers for Locke's Empire, Roloson was also steady allowing the team as a whole to finish with an impressive .936 SV% and a 2.10 goals against average, good numbers for anyone, while the Titans were unable to match those numbers they had a respectable .926 save percentage and a 2.36 goals against average. The Titans goalies however managed to put up more wins and Marty Turco makes the difference in a category all on his own by pitching a shutout, the only one of the match up.

As for the weekly team MVPs I think for Locke's Empire it would be Jarome Iginla who had five points, 2 goals and 3 assists, a +2, 1 on the powerplay and 17 shots, though Locke might disagree with me on that since most of those forward categories were lost regardless, maybe DiPietro should get it instead since he was very good this week. For my own team the highest point producer was Sergei Zubov and he also got a gamewinner but I think I'll go with Kevin Bieksa instead, the 29 PIMs secured that category, he had a game winning goal and 3 assists as well and a point on the powerplay, a really good +5 as well, for a recent free agent pick up for me he had a really big week and I'm pleased with him so far.

Highland Strikers - 8
Nameless Enigmas - 2

The Nameless Enigmas didn't put up enough games from their goaltenders to qualify their stats with Giguere being the only one to play at all and he only got two games in during the week. That works out well for the Strikers sinec Blasphemy has got a bit lazy with using his reserves by the looks of things, I'm a bit surprised considering it seems like he's been logging in to make his changes to his roster but not placing them into the team to play as often as he could, very odd indeed if that's the case, if I'm wrong for any reason then I apologise. The same can be said of the Nameless Enigmas, not changing their team as well, the fact that heatley wasn't utilised speaks volumes as he's one of the top producers in the league, he should be among the first choices to pick so it's telling that Moon Knight hasn't been making his roster changes for each day or he would be getting games.

Well in the battle of the shortened benches Blasphemy does take the win convincingly, Kovalchuk looks like he was the man for Blasphemy's team with 2 goals, 3 assists and a +5 rating, 2 powerplay points, a gamewinner and a pretty reasonable 10 shots on goal for him. Over on the Enigmas the best player utilised could be the recently returned Darcy Tucker, 3 goals and no assists, 2 of his goals were gamewinners and one came on the powerplay. Almost disappointingly Tucker stayed out of the box for once but it's a pretty good return to action for him.

Kooluk Krushinators - 8
Mercenary Warriors - 3

The Krushinators round out a good regular season with another strong win against the mercenary warriors, the team racked up a lot of points and took all but two of the forward categories, of those two categories only one counted as a loss (goals scored) whilst the other was drawn, game winning goals at a respectable 4 for each side involved in this contest. Despite only one win the Krushinators goaltending was very good, a 2.59 goals against average was a win by 0.01 and a Cam Ward shutout took that category. The warriors won the save percentage category by a margin as slim as the Krush had won the goals against average, .905 SV% against .904 SV% really close running.

Daniel Alfredsson seems to have been the best player for the Krushinators, he put up a really solid 7 points, only 1 goal but 6 assists was the highest on the team two of those points were shorties as well while 4 points came on the powerplay so he really tore it up on special teams. On the other team Luongo was really solid, 2 wins, 1.98 GAA and a .910 SV%, Vinny Lecavalier was also very good this week but I'm pretty sure I gave him the player of the week credit last week and I felt like being varied.

This week's matchups:

Tinto Titans
VERSUS
Mercenary Warriors

The Titans take on the Mercs in the 4 versus 5 playoff matchup, should be a good one! Lecavalier is one of the top scorer forwards in the league, Brodeur and Luongo in nets, yeah that could be very tough but Turco, Lehtonen and Emery have been doing well lately. Still you take Lonelion's tandem over mine if you've got sense, I'll need to be a bit lucky in the goalie stakes to win.

Locke's Empire
VERSUS
Nameless Enigmas

3 against 6 here if the Enigmas make their changes to their roster this could definitely be a close one, if they don't get the goalie games in then it's almost a foregone conclusion already. Come on Moon Knight, get involved!

Kooluk Krushinators
VERSUS
Highland Strikers

Well this one isn't really a VERSUS, but these two teams get their bye week for having good regular seasons, good job to these folks.

Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blasphemy wrote:
Whooo, 2nd to 5th was tight! I was 5th yesterday, but a solid outing against the Nameless Enigmas, who aren't all that much of an enigma and I have a first round bye!

Tinto Titans vs. Mercenary Warriors

The Merc Warriors have built a solid team revolving around two of the best (if not the best) goalies in the game and a defence corp unrivaled. Meanwhile, the Tinto Titans unlike their namesake have relied on quick shifty forwards to provide much offencive spark. With the best RW group in the league, it's hard to say if the rest of the Titan's team can keep up. It has in fact gotten so bad at the Titan's clubhouse that owner has resorted to yo mamma jokes. The Merc Warriors have a solid young group of forwards that many people passed on. Backed up with the veteran presence of players such as Sakic and Kariya. This is the most volatile matchup as one off-week by either team's areas of strength could spell disaster. Tough to call, but the prediction here is the Titans pull away Saturday night for the victory.

Locke's Empire vs. Nameless Enigmas

The Empire has a decided disadvantage in net, but a solid lineup throughout with gamebreakers at all other positions. The late season surge from Zets has helped solidify his forward lines. Back on D his two rocks of Nidermeyer and Lidstrom are all he needs, but he was able to augment it with Liles. Meanwhile, the Engimas have the NHL scoring leader and probably one of the best forward groups in the league. From Dany Heatley to Daniel Briere, the Enigmas offencive capability can turn the tide of the matchup in one night. Solid goaltending from Giggy might not be enough to off-set the poor play of Manny and Vesa who has been injured. The Enigmas have suffered through a bout of injuries. The two teams represent two different philosophies in team building. The Enigmas ability to score and gain offencive points cannot be discounted, however it came at the expense of a rather thin defence corps and only one goalie. The Empire on the otherhand are solid throughout with stars at each position. It's hard to say who will win this one, but the smart money is on the Empire.

So i get Tinto,this should be interesting,i hope my boys realize it's crunch time now,time to pull out all the stops and SHOCK THE WORLD!!,

Let's bring home the cup,good luck to Tinto let's put on a classic series.

Locke

Poker of Doom

157293 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hopefully Fluery can do me better in net than Roloson can.

RedCydranth

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmm, I was under the impresion my goalies were starting and playing their games, but it would appear as if Toskala and Fernandez are getting the backseat to Nabokov and Backstrom. I like the Wild so I'm going to swap Manny for Niklas. Hopefully he'll get enough starts in net to make my goalies worth something. You have no idea how much it pissed me off they weren't starting, if they did I'd be in a little better shape.

Also, seeing as its playoffs, having too many people on IR won't help me whatsoever so I ditched Mike Knuble who is going to be out another 5 or more weeks for Jason Pominville, who if I could have used last night would have gotten me a goal and an assist. But I have him in there for the rest of the week. Sorry Locke, I'm not going to roll over for you this time. I'm going to try and win and get into the next round. Where I'll promply get my ass handed to me by Blasphemy. Or maybe I'll pull an upset and beat him too. Who the hell knows.

At any road, good luck to everyone. I hope these next few weeks do us well. Ah crap. Next week I'm going to be in the hospital... I'm going to have to phone a friend and have him swap my players for me. That is if I beat Locke, if Locke wins this week, I'm worry free.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
so I ditched Mike Knuble who is going to be out another 5 or more weeks

He's skating and due back in about a week (Edit: Less than that even, he played last night). I'd take Pominville anyway since he's on a much better team, I actually considered it myself but my right wings are great already, best bit of my team in fact.

If Moon Knight wins his round in the playoffs I think he plays Scarlet (lowest rank plays highest) and myself or Lonelion would play Blasphemy, Moon Knight in that situation would play Scarlet. If Locke wins it then it's me or Lonelion that gets Scarlet instead at least that's how real hockey works and I assume it's the same in this or what's the point of seeding.

Moon Knight, you can set the next weeks selections well in advance.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: