Suikoden Urgent and Irrational Kibbutz Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

okami
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blazing Camp

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I honestly have'nt even heard of this game til about last week when it came out. Some people on another forum were praising it and talking about and I looked at the clips they posted. OMG this game looks so refreshing artistically and the paintbrush thing seems pretty cool.

I plan on getting this Friday when I get paid. :D
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This game is awesome! I too have been following this game for a few months now. I've heard and seen nothing but good things about it, so I just had to buy it. I even convinced a few of my friends to fork up some cash and get it themselves.

If I had to think of a combination, I'd have to say Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (N64) and Brave Fencer Musashi (PS1). Exploration wise, it's like Majora's Mask, but the people, item usage, and side quests resemble odd tasks such as the ones found in Brave Fencer Musashi. The brush techniques are a nice innovation, but you still have the typical side quests and main quests just like any old RPG.

I'm not a fan of cell shading, but it fits perfectly in this game. Cell shading makes things look abstract, but that compliments the story and the point of this game. I don't think I'd enjoy it as much if it were in CG or something similar.

Also, if you're a fan of Japanese like music, then you will definitely be pleased with this title.

Even the difficulty gets a bit challenging at times, which adds even more to the fun.

And the characters are well presented. Many of them stand out after you get to know their identities.

As for the story, it's Shinto based, and usually mythology is an excellent place to base off stories.

I'd like to say more, but I'm currently playing it at the moment. I'm at the Moon Cave. This is easily one of the top ten games in Ps2 history. I recommend that everyone at least try it out. Rent or borrow it when you can and give it a try for a couple of hours. You won't be disappointed, especially if you played the above titles mentioned.

Online walkthrough

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just love the celestial brush.
Blazing Camp

Rage

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've played for a couple of times and I stopped at the Agata Forest. So far it's a pretty solid game, and I like the Zelda-like gameplay, but the artwork for this game is unbeleiveable. Especially with the artwork for Ameratsu. Only thing I don't like is the gibberish talk. It would've been better if Capcom had put in Japanese VA along with English subs instead, Hopefully I'll get used to it.

BTW does anyone think this game is eventually going to become rare? When I searched through Gamestops site for it, it showed only 10 out of 19 stores (in 20 mile radius) that had 1-3 copies with only 4 of them ordering more.
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i don't see it making huge sales, and much like suikoden, i see it leaving the shelves pretty quickly; people prefer games that, imo, are crap, things like sports games, some fps', and a host of other stuff.

it may not command the same price (in the future) that sII gets, but i do see it becoming hard to get in the not too near future.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here's my review of the game:

http://allinthemind.wordpress.com/2006/09/26/final-thoughts-okami/

I posted a review, but this is a new version.

I thought the game was okay, but more overhyped than it should have been. I honestly don't get the appeal of the game, past the art style and story.
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well, think of it this way; plenty of people like sports, racing, fps and other types who also contain repetitive moves, themes, etc., yet they still play them.

it's an eye of the beholder thing.

Shula

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've known of this game for month's now and had nothin' more then mild interest in it, then finally buying it two night ago. I have to say while it look's gorgeous and plays pretty good. It doesn't deserve ALL the hype it's been getting, but thats just my opinion. :mrgreen:
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sybillious wrote:
well, think of it this way; plenty of people like sports, racing, fps and other types who also contain repetitive moves, themes, etc., yet they still play them.

it's an eye of the beholder thing.

Those genres also contain strategy. Every single genre has it's repetition. RPGs more so than others because it basically comes down to mindlessly pressing the default attack instead of actuallys strategizing. It's how you use your moves and abilities that makes a difference.

Sports games require knowing the game, the rules of the game, knowing when and how to use these said abilities. Racing games require a certain level of dexterity and watchful eye, depending on the game they require reflexes as well. FPS' require a certain degree of reflexes, skill, and strategy as well.

It's a funny contradiction to bring up those genres when rpgs, the most mindless, repetitive, and archaic genre out there (aside from fps') is the most popular genre at this forum. As for Okami, what do those genres have to do with Okami's repetitive gameplay?
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

the fact that they also have 'repetition;' it's a simple fact, like it or not. the majority, if not all, sporting games are basically the same thing they released the prior year with a few tweaks and slicker graphics-not very impressive at all.

same for racing games; the similarities are there-changes in tracks, cars and other tweaks hardly make it new or astounding.

fps' are much the same; third person shooter, with cutscenes and some 'mission' involved; almost all games can be boiled down to a basic plot with a style that works for their given genre.

at least this game has something different on some level, even if the play gets repetitious with a linear storyline.

all games repeat/copy some other game...

Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I see what you mean.
Celes Tilly

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Has anyone beaten this game yet? I just wanna know if the ending is good or bad... not what the ending is, of course, just if it sucks or not.
Himuro

La Morte

842334 Potch
500 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The ending is great.
Tendou Souji

CLIMAX JUMP!

758170 Potch
2000 Soldiers
2225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've finished it, and all I can say is wow. Unfortunately, the game seemed a little bit too short.... they should have included amaterasu adventure in the Celestial Plain. Does this leave room for a sequel? Don't really think so...
Spell Breaker

The Long Patrol

162411 Potch
122 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well consdering Capcom broke up the development team that made Okami, a sequel isn't too likely.
Then again, they did Mega Man X6. So I could be completely wrong.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: