Suikoden Uncanny and Illusional Kraalesque Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

okami
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: okami Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://ps2.gamespy.com/playstation-2/okami/726555p1.html

for those of you looking for a game unlike anything you've played before.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have heard of the game, and I have heard like you just said that it is unlike anything anyone has ever played before but is it as good people have told me because to me it seems like a wolf running around with a paint brush but if it really is good then I will give the game a shot and buy it.

Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like wolves. :P

The game looks good, this is the first I've heard of it though. That article wasn't exactly in depth, would someone who knows a bit more about it mind explaining what makes this game so different from others?
Spell Breaker

The Long Patrol

162411 Potch
122 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Link to E3 2006 Trailer
Import Review

The game looks good and the early import reviews are absolutely glowing. It's made by the same team that did the Viewtiful Joe games. And in a lot of reviews they mention how much it plays like a Zelda game.
I'll most likely get it after I come back from vacation next month.
It'll be interesting to go running around as a furry wolf goddess.
Rune Walsh

Order of the Gelid Wind

105159 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seems interesting. I like these kind of "artistic" games, as they're kind of rare... they are different than most things out there, and let's be honest, medieval RPGs and World War II games do get old eventually.

Tired of beating up invading aliens? Call Dad and get some rest!
Demon Eyes Kyo

Crimson Crusaders

260069 Potch
250 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like wolves too! And this game does seem kind of interesting...but last I heard of this game was from like a May or June issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly xD

Return that soul to God.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Celes Tilly

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm really thinking about picking it up... I heard it didn't do well in Japan, which sort of frightens me! I'll wait for a bit before getting it, though.

It sure does look pretty. It reminds me of Tales of Symphonia graphics.
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i'll get it, but not until around october at the earliest, due to school obligations; i can't afford distractions right now (that require me to learn a new gaming system), since statistics will own my soul for this semester.

i've been foaming at the mouth (figuratively) since i first heard about this game earlier in the year; i'm always up for a new gaming experience all around, and this promises me that and more (i loved the katamaris, and will most likely get the one for psp as well). how often will i have the chance to not only become a goddess, but a WOLF goddess? now that's unique!

the control system is definitely unlike anything i've ever seen, even in some of the featured 'games of the weird' that g4 has shown; the brush intrigues me, so the wait will be agony, sheer agony.

Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okami is going to be great, I can't explain the gameplay exactly but it pretty much goes like this, you move around the world and using a paintbrush you color the landscape and even make certain Kanji characters for certain attacks on enemies, this game may be different but don't expect too much difference in the general concept of fight goons/solve puzzles-boss fight-get special-repeat, the difference is in the way you do all this things with your paintbrush and your wolf's abilities...

For those interested you can visit the Japanese Official Site for some retro version Icons and tunes of the game (make great Ringtones)...

Just click on the Icon (the main page with the tree) and you should find your way...

Also my European brothers have to wait for this game until February, sad, yes I know...
Versus_XIII

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Celes Tilly wrote:
I'm really thinking about picking it up... I heard it didn't do well in Japan, which sort of frightens me! I'll wait for a bit before getting it, though.

It sure does look pretty. It reminds me of Tales of Symphonia graphics.

I heard that Okami didn't do that well due to the release of some very competitive games. I'm looking forward to the game. The demo was nice. I also like the music which accompained the game.

Pre-orders ship out next week and they come with an Okami bonus, so get it while it's hot.

Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've seen this game before, but gave it no mind. I think I'll pick it up when it get's to Europe. (February next year... Ugh!)

It reminds me of Shadow of the Colossus for some reason... Anyway, it looks pretty unique, and the battle system looks very interesting. It looks like I'll get it, for those reasons at least.

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only thing that worries me about this game is how it will handle the 'brush strokes'... I mean you use the analogue stick right? I'm not sure how that will work but it certainly must work to get the glowing reviews I have seen.

Its based around Ameterasu, the Sun Goddess and highest of the Shinto gods. Legends tell that she is a beautiful woman and at one time went into a cave to hide, and had to be lured out with a mirror that showed her own lovely reflection. ( This was based on a solar eclipse )

The whole basis of the game is like that eclipse, the world has lost its colour, and since that colour comes from the sun... you play as a manifestation of the sun and go around restoring the world to its former beauty.

It looks awesome, the art style alone would probably sell it to me. That and the fact that there are very few games that touch oh the Shinto gods, making this more unique even before we get to the revolutionary gameplay style.

I shall get this game if I ever see it in the shops here ( unlikely ) or the next time I order a game from the US.

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've been wanting the game since I saw it on g4tv. I just bought Dirge of Ceberus and well, Its awkward buying many games in one year. But you get to be a wolf with a paintbrush. what more is there to love? There needs to be more non Spryo type animal games.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i reneged; i've bought it already-i will have it in hand on tuesday. JOY! :mrgreen:

Celes Tilly

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

We demand a review! Yay!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: