Suikoden United and Illusional Kraalesque Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

How did you discover SuikoX?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I discovered Suikox while browsing around at Suikosource. I signed up, went inactive for a few months and then came back. And i am still here!
Calupict

Solid State Society

206885 Potch
254 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My method to discover Suikox just like Goldmember.
I was wandering around Suikosource at that time and found a link to a new Suikoden site which managed and run by a veteran in Suikoden fanbase. So I decided to visit around Suikox then.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dew Dust

2127634 Potch
200 Soldiers
104 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I remember writing about this before the crash and I don't mind writing it again. I found this site about a year ago to be honest. I saw that it was mentioned at Gamefaqs from people there like poorguy and Duke (argh! I forgot the rest of his name and Vertius had mentioned it too after my original post >_<). The guy is very helpful too. Anyway, I had signed up here and at Suikosource when I was playing Suikoden III. However, I felt shy and posted more so at Gamefaqs with my questions and all. I eventually forgot this site over the course of the year and then when I played Suikoden II, I remembered about these sites. However, I forgot my username and password. I had to re-register here and that was around New Years.

Again, I wasn't that comfortable with this site yet and got busy at my other site Minitokyo (where I post up my wallpapers and such). Eventually, I forgot everything at this site for about a month. It was then that Ced the Lad had became a member there at Minitokyo but under a different name. One day, I received a strange pm from him at that site. He was shocked to see another fellow Suikoden fan (my userpage there has an image of Shu and plays the theme of Radat). He also saw my nick name there which was my username here. He connected two and two and realized I was the Dew Dust of his nation Tinto! Small computer world, eh?

He wrote to me asking how I was doing and should come and visit Tinto that he, the Minister of Tinto, would be glad to help me about with the nation. I honestly thought he was weird. Nation of Tinto? Minister?? Because of his encouragement and curiosity, I came back to this site and discovered a lot more that this site offered including my nation. I have decided to give this site a chance and found out how incredible helpful this place is and the tons of great friends it offers.

Army of Hades

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I remember how I came across suikox...I remember it like it was yesterday *tear rolls down cheek* lol Nah My friend introduced me to it. I think his name is Sparda on here...but anyways we was settin at school in the library doing nothin and I was bored, so I started watching him on the computer and he came to this sight. I asked him what it was and he told me what it was about and what ya did here. And I loved the Suikoden games so I thaught it would be a cool place to go. Well I started watching him and the more I watched the cooler I thaught it was so I made him make me an account on here. Been here ever since....ecxept when my computer crashed...*cries* but im back. woot woot But yea thats how I came across it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got to know of this place through Suikosource a year ago. I was too lazy to sign up then so I never bothered to. About April of this year, i found Theirstar and there I was reintroduced to this place. So naturally, only then did I sign up.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."

moss2

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a funny story reallly. One day I was at a friend's house (You probably know him as Edge Riou, but I lovingly call him turtle) and he was on this site. He said it was really cool and I should try it out. A year later I actually create an account and plan on using it. So, yeah here I am so yeah pretty cool, ummmm im done, i guess.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Welcome Heretic King! Glad Edge Riou had enough of an impact ;)

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Like many of my esteemed colleagues, I found the site through a pseudo-public invitation made by Vector Xthonic. This was a little bit before the forums were opened, so it was kind of cool to have only a small handful of people posting at any given time.

Little-known fact:

When I joined, I was originally sorted into Jowston.
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It was quite the story.

While walking down the street from school one day. Axiose pulls up with his big white van, and invites me when the promise of good holsome fun. So ofcoarse I get in. However, good holsome fun wasn't on his mind for he bound me with duct tape and took me to his basement where he gave me the link to suikox. Yeah it was a good time.

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Heretic King, man, that is a piece of information I would have paid for... turtle. This is great, though I doubt that many people outside his nation really know Edge Riou since he is some kind of secret character and doesn't leave Falena that much... ;)
Anyway, good job, Edge. And welcome, Heretic King.

The Fool
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

*appears* I am not really here. I am a figment of everyone's imagination. I am actually still in Falena. You think I am here, but I am in fact, not here. Really though, yeah, I am pretty much always in Falena and rarely leave it. I hardly even check out the community board, let alone any of the others.

I arrived here from Gamefaqs. Blue Moon's sig had a link to suikox, I believe. I decided that I might as well check it out, and here I am. I wasn't originally in Falena actually. I didn't really know how the system worked and left my nation usergroup, so I became a wanderer. Back then, being a wanderer was much more harsh that it is now. I believe for starters, you lost 5,000 soldiers, and every post you lost 5 more. Basically, the shock was too much for me, died, and got reborn into Falena.

*disappears*

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That's funny. I wonder why I never posted here.

Quote:
He connected two and two and realized I was the Dew Dust of his nation Tinto! Small computer world, eh?

This is easily my favorite online coincidence ever! And trust me when I say that I've had my share of good ones.

Quote:
I honestly thought he was weird. Nation of Tinto? Minister??

Gee, thanks. ;)

Anyway, Sars pretty much invited the first set of members because he loves them. :D Now they're all nation leaders or sipping some rich wine in Blue Moon Village.

But I'm part of the second generation of Suikosource members that moved into Suikox thanks to the first members. I forgot who invited me here, but I scarcely remember a link in someone's signature. Maybe it was even Sars just before he left Suikosource. I started wondering why the only person I recognized on Suikosource was Black Pesmerga. All the other people like Sybillious basically disappeared.

And then I found out that they were here as moderators, and from there I registered. But Tinto wasn't nearly as active back then as it was now. Iscalio, Gil-galad, Queen, Thief, and I didn't say much back then. Also, we were just ironing out the details of the war game, and back then, there weren't too many incentives to stay active. So I left the site for a while and then stayed at Suikosource.

But by the time Sars left, the place was so different. It's nothing like the old strict forum where they gave everyone strikes, but I just didn't have fun interacting with the newer fans. They were the type to hold on to their theories to the death despite the presence of concrete official information that killed their claims. I eventually got tired of that and went back to Suikox. By then, the war game was for real, which gave me all the reason to stay and make some sort of difference in the game.

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I quite liked the speculation based "combat" we had on that ezboard thing, is there anyone here that was in Silverberg house back then? Good times... Although the only person I slightly remember is Sophita, I think she was in the house...
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5684690 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I followed an old bookmark that i used to use to access the old Blue Moon's Forums. I would check the bookmark from time to time and one day suikox appeared. It is a great site.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
VikiFanatic

Keepers of Balance

841792 Potch
0 Soldiers
760 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I discovered SuikoX many years ago while browsing for Suikoden II info. It was called as the Suikoden Assumption and Rumors Shelter then. So it's kinda different now. I'm happy that i joined the forums though. I got to meet other Suikoden fans like me. So i'm thankful for this site.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: