Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Best Suikoden Game?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Best Suikoden Game
12%
 12%  [ 14 ]
69%
 69%  [ 76 ]
10%
 10%  [ 11 ]
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
I can't choose
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 109

UberPendragon

40855 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would also add that as much as I love suikoden 2, and I really really do. It's more or less just a rehashing of suikoden 1 more like a remake than a sequel.

God Save The Queen!

R.I.P. Harmonia-Online
Cyril De Montague

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have to disagree, Suikoden II was far better then Suikoden I.
UberPendragon

40855 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Best Suikoden Game? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love suikoden 2 but the story is so similar it almost qualifies as a remake and not a sequel. Spoilers Abound:

Young Boy, son of a great general ends up turning on his own country and leading an army, 31 of the stars of destiny from S1 are in S2 even Tir and Gremio are still in it. The graphics are improved, the big battles are no longer rock/paper/scissor style but a majority of the game is the same. Hell, even 2 of the major villains of S1 are back in S2.

God Save The Queen!

R.I.P. Harmonia-Online
The Silver Lady

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:00 pm    Post subject: Best Suikoden Game? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that was pobably because they wanted to stick to the original novel. I'm reading it now and the basic storyline is about this group of outlaws who form a group to raise against the empire, united by the stars of destiny. The story we all know, but the fact that the hero is the son of someone important seems to be a Konami constant...Tir and Riou aside, Thomas (who is the hero star) is also the son of an important man, there's Prince Falenas etc. (don't know about 4, never played it! >_<)
But actually, I love the similarity between those two games. I liked the first 3 best because they were all linked.
UberPendragon

40855 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Best Suikoden Game? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="The Silver Lady":1tqyzk4u]I think that was pobably because they wanted to stick to the original novel. I'm reading it now and the basic storyline is about this group of outlaws who form a group to raise against the empire, united by the stars of destiny. The story we all know, but the fact that the hero is the son of someone important seems to be a Konami constant...Tir and Riou aside, Thomas (who is the hero star) is also the son of an important man, there's Prince Falenas etc. (don't know about 4, never played it! >_<)
But actually, I love the similarity between those two games. I liked the first 3 best because they were all linked.

The links are what make suikoden special, I just think S3 did a better job of changing things up and making them interesting while still sticking to what was working. They had a few recurring people but also a largely new cast. I think Murayama specifically made S3 take place 15 years later and far enough away from the first two that you wouldn't have as much redundancy. S4 by the way the hero is also a Prince. I'm just kind of biased I guess because I played S1 when it first came out and now whenever I play it, there's a kind of reminiscing factor with every replay, S2 was a great game but I will always have a special place for S1 in my heart and they're too similar. S3 was totally innovative and became my favorite.

God Save The Queen!

R.I.P. Harmonia-Online
Cyril De Montague

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden II had so many elements to it that Suikoden I did not deliever, I really liked the cooking challenges it reminded you so much of Iron Chef.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: