Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Kriegspiel Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Best Suikoden Game?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Best Suikoden Game
12%
 12%  [ 14 ]
69%
 69%  [ 76 ]
10%
 10%  [ 11 ]
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
I can't choose
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 109

Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked 2 the best, because I found it impossible to be able to do everything without cheating. I mean like get every recipe, every sound set, every character, complete every quest (especially Clive's). Because of that I had to play the game over and over and I still never got bored of it! God knows I played that game beginning to end over 65 times!
Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 12:31 pm    Post subject: uh... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd say Suikoden2.
It had the best plot out of the 3 games, great plot twists, more character developing, with their own little subquests and all. Also it was a really complete game, with the castle growth, the optional non-star characters, the different characters actually hanging around different places, some chars getting their own zones in the castle (namely the dojo for the martial artists, the farm for Tony and Suzu, the theater for Karen and Analle's band, etc) and actually using them, unlike in S1, where chars would get their zones, but just stand there and do nothing. In S2, you could see Wakaba and Long Chan Chan training in the dojo, people eating at the restaurant and Hai Yo cooking, Tony farming, Suzu riding a sheep, Karen (and also Gen Gen and Gabocha) dancing in stage, etc.
Then there's the mini games. Cook Out and Whack-a-Mole must be the best minigames ever to be in an RPG. And the war battles, it was like playing good old Langrisser again...
All in all, S2 is one of the most complete games i've ever seen, and goes as my favourite in the Suikoden series.

All the way to the edge of this world
Sualtam Lugh

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hands down on 2. Three didn't have that "Suikoden" feel, in my eyes...
But it was still a damned good game. And that's really all that matters.
Cirape

0 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Damn, "all of them" isn't an option, is it?
...I'll never be able to choose. I like them all but for different reasons .oO
Freddie Mercury

Fat Bottomed Girls

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden II was the best in my opinion. The characters were so diverse and well liked. I also like the idea of two runes being separated, with one depending on the other. Its fascinating to me. I also like the returning characters and how they grew up from the first Suikoden
nightrider

1000 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cirape wrote:
...I'll never be able to choose. I like them all but for different reasons .oO

Thats why I put the "I can't choose" option.
ubertronmanguy

The Hundred Acre Wood Soldier Guys

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Suikoden 2 is my favorite game in the series with the first one right behind it in second place. It took what made the first suikoden great and made it better and how great was the cooking mini-game Hai Yo was the man and then there's the whole Clive and Elza story. Suikoden 2 is one of the greatest games of all time.
Shiva

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
I think Suikoden 2 is ultimately the best game in the series. It doesn't have the pacing problems that haunt Suikoden 1 and Suikoden 3; it doesn't have the musical problems of Suikoden 3; it's gameplay is actually deeper, an and ultimately, it's plot is more cohesive than Suikoden 1 or 3's was.

Suikoden 2 was a great improvement on the first game.

The castle was better (it truly felt like a small, feudal town, not just 1 castle that was isolated from everything), the characters were stronger and more varied; I like that you could attach so many runes and the characterization, I think came off better in Suikoden 2. I mean, look at a character like Luca Blight - he should be totally unforgivable and totally cliche, but he seems, well, almost pitiful. Even though I really didn't like the guy, the scene with the fireflies? I felt so bad. Jowy's betrayal was another great twist; we should hate Jowy from that point on but we don't; we feel sorry for him.

The battle system was well thought out on all three fronts - Regular battles were six fighters which could be assembled any way you pleased (and with 60-80 or so characters who could fight, you had quite the selection to put forth), 1-3 runes per character, rune pieces in weapons, etc - all very nice. The war system was a great tactical battle system and had a GREAT piece of music to go along with it. The dueling system was rock, scissors, paper, but, well, it worked.

And finally, it was paced well. Compared to the relative problems of Suikoden 1 (which moved far too fast) and Suikoden 3 (which moved far too slow in the beginning, then far too fast in the end), Suikoden 2 had just about the right pacing - it carried itself well. I don't know really how to explain it? :/

I agree with everything you've said here, Sophita. In addition to this, the minigames in Suikoden II were by far the best and most enjoyable: the cooking game, fishing game, rope climbing, dancing, Clive, McDohl, etc. (I also have seem to have a weakness for childhood friends-turned-enemies storylines, lol.)

I also disagree with the first post that says the second game was a retelling of the first game. How? The story, characters and settings were completely different, save for the returning characters and the McDohl sidequest. It wasn't a retelling, it was a continuation. The character designs were also a big improvement from the first game, IMO. My only beef with Suikoden II is the translation, and the fact that you have to hold down the circle button to move around faster, but other than that, it is the best of the three games, by far.

Now, we'll just have to see where Suikoden IV takes us. ^_^
Maximillian

Dead Soggy Old Dudes

137813 Potch
13000 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My vote goes to Suikoden I. It was just the best, period.

Suikoden II improved upon all the technical flaws from the original, like the item system(I actually prefered the original), the Rune system and the minigames. But it took away much of the heart, I just couldn't connect with Riou as I could with Tir. Tir had more soul, in my opinion. Not the Suikoden II wasn't a great game, it just wasn't nearly as good as it's predecessor.

Improving things doesn't always make it better...
ayoloco

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

S2 also. I like this game the same as they say here in the board that this have best plot in the series this is also my reason. Friendship and Betrayal.
Smirn

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like parte deux best. For various reasons it's literally my favorite game ever.

It has a practically identical gameplay to the first, just more refined and more difficult (which doesn't mean it is though).

The amount of characters, the increased customization of them, a truly excellent emotional atmosphere of tranquility and destruction that sets the perfect mood for a epic gaming experience, the characterization; no other game has made me love and hate certain persons so intensely. Its biggest forte is its enormous replay value, normally only seen with fighting games and Tetris. I've probably played it through for about 15 times. And there will undoubtedly follow more.

But while I would still enjoy the game immensely, I think that because the parts in the series are so well-linked together, it makes for an even better gaming experience.
Sualtam Lugh

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

That's always a thorn in your side. I agree completely, in a case like this.
suikoguild

Magicians With Attitude

0 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I pick suiko 2 because it had the best story line!! I would pick Suikograidin but not one of the choices !! :P

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I gonna go with the 2nd one becuase it was a good improvement on the first one and the mini-games + side quests....but then again I haven`t play no.`s 3 an 4
(don`t have a ps2 yet :( ) so I guess I am missing out but I gonna be getting one in about a month or so!! :) So...like I siad no.2 is the best for me so far!! :mrgreen:
Algus

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would say that 3 has better gameplay (I prefer playing it myself) but my vote must go to 2. It is simply stunning, improved in almost every way from the original and an amazing story. And Luca is still one of the coolest villains I've seen in an RPG.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: