Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Keystone Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Harmonia's Legacy: Will it live up to its hype?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rainrir

Landsknecht

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with Wes, you can obviously see that in Le Burqe. The Harmonians press so hard that I think the people there do not have a real chance of victory or even survival if they choose to raIse up.

Sanadia, is another example, they pretty much killed everyone who fought back and enslaved the rest.

Interestingly, I do not think its just the circle rune that is making Harmonia "stagnant". Its because the ruling authority is too distant, too powerful and too undemocratic (or unrepresentative) for it to renew itself. Constructive critisism cannot reach to high escheleons of the society and impedes the progress of the nation as a whole. There is a distinct lack of a communicative effert to make progress in the ruling body.

Basically, there is no positive feedback to the governing body.

It is bad enough if social injustice cannot be expressed or exposed in a civilised way (you know actually talking to them ruling class), its worse when you cannot even use violent methods to protest. The Harmonia Army is too strong and too big for any kind of uprising to work. Any challenge would probably not even BLOOD the nose of the Harmonian Army.

If any uprising can make the Harmonia Army lose..or end up with a Pyrrhic Victory can maybe jolt the governemnt into a process of renewal and change...but NOOOO...the "GREAT HARMONIAN ARMY" is too strong for that to happen.

I think the Circle Rune just magnifies these factors...
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Backstory, History & Plot Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: