Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Kriegspiel Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Improving National Activity?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Noot

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:01 am    Post subject: Improving National Activity? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It seems like Harmonia's board is a constant flatline, and I'm wondering if it's like that in other nations? If not, what can possibly done to fix it for us? It don't feel a community-like atmosphere in tha mothaland, ya know?

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Try to contact them via PM in order to see who's still active. They will have an email telling them that they recieved a private message, which could bring a few back (those who check their mail).

You could tell them that the war has already started and you could use their opinions on the important aspects of the game.

Other than that, try making a topic in your nation board that you know they will respond to.

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Our nationboard is a hotbed of activity at the moment. All it takes is just a few good determined people to inject it with some enthusiasm. This responsibility mainly falls on the leader of the board with whom we are very lucky!

Highland Rocks!

:wink:

Snowe's Legion

10109 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that's just the way it is in some nations.
It's all up to how the nation leader wants their nation to be run.
Also, some nation leaders might not have the time(meaning they are real busy poeple) to constantly encourage activity in their boards.

There are probably other reasons that I can't think of right now or don't know about. :)
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I can understand that, I don't know if I would have the time available to properly maintain the nationboard. I'm just a 'should be working but instead ends up spending too much time here' kind of guy. I rarely make any posts when I'm actually at home...

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Falena tends to be pretty active; in fact, that's one of our founding principles. People who aren't active don't tend to get very far in Falena, and we reward members (in part) on their activity.

I think the key thing to having an active board is having active members. There's certainly a few Harmonians on the board; why not try to establish a community? Try to create new topics and reward members for creating new topics. Generally a more social club atmosphere attracts more posters than a strictly war room one would (simply due to interest, I think; the more you expand your subjects the more likely you'll pick up people for talking). Have special events and the like. Basically, make being a Harmonian a special thing that no other nation could offer.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I offered the idea of war in order to get them back to the Harmonian board in the first place, but Sophia is right, extend the topics and people should stick around in the long run. However, that all depends on the High Priest if he allows that sort of format to be run in his boards.

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know that in Falena's nationboard all of our active posters spend a lot of time in the nationboard. We all have a great deal of fun together and if 2 or 3 of us are on line and in the nationboard at the same time it is very hard to keep up with all of the posts.

Faithers of the Defend

186551 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would absolutely love to have a community in Harmonia. Some new people stop in and say "Hi, I'm new." And that's the extent of our discussions. I posted a "Roll Call" thread and a thread pumping up our victory over the Grasslands last night (lotsa bashing, of course, but not harmful). Nothing to get anyone in there, even to say "Woohoo! We won!" No new responses. It's just DEAD.

I don't see why I have to be the one to pm all of the Harmonians on this board. If nobody cares in my nation to do it, then I guess I will.

BUT, I gotta get to my next Psychology class in 2 minutes then go to work, so if there are no new responses in Harmonia when I get home tonight then I'll start the PM offensive.

It's hard to bargle naudle zauss with all these marbles in my mouth.
Saben

The High Order of Order

11153 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm around, but I am really more a lurker at the moment. I just don't have to enthusiasm to participate in things a great deal. I still try to manage the nation and make our major strategic decisions, but you are welcome to make any nation topics that you feel like making, I'm just not in the mood for initiating that kinda stuff recently. I am like Hikusaak, I run the nation from a semi-MIA perspective. If you promote strength within the empire, though, you will be rewarded. Bishop status and other such things are up for grabs, I need a Sasarai type do actually do the work while I sit on my arse, do nothing and get all the credit. It shouldn't be MY responsibility to come up with all the good ideas, either, personally I don't care if it is quiet or not, after all, quiet means I have less moderating to do :p
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Queen

Ghosts of Gor

2000 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Saben wrote:
I'm around, but I am really more a lurker at the moment. I just don't have to enthusiasm to participate in things a great deal. I still try to manage the nation and make our major strategic decisions, but you are welcome to make any nation topics that you feel like making, I'm just not in the mood for initiating that kinda stuff recently. I am like Hikusaak, I run the nation from a semi-MIA perspective. If you promote strength within the empire, though, you will be rewarded. Bishop status and other such things are up for grabs, I need a Sasarai type do actually do the work while I sit on my arse, do nothing and get all the credit. It shouldn't be MY responsibility to come up with all the good ideas, either, personally I don't care if it is quiet or not, after all, quiet means I have less moderating to do :p

I'm also more of a lurker at this moment. There really isn't much to do right now.

For the next Bishop "Sasarai," I'll make a cute little Bishop avatar. ;P

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Aye Zexen is kinda flatline right now as well. I'm going to have to try and post some event topics or something.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1127979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Queendom of Falena board is, by far, my favourite section around here. I don't know if it's possible to have too much fun, but if it is then the Falena board can easily use up your daily "fun" quota in short order, especially if several members of the Queendom happen to be online at the same time and are just itching to have a good time.

Nutflush, even though the Falena board doesn't suffer from a lack of activity, the one thing that does kind of frustrate me is that most of the new Falena-born members never even bother with the nation board. We all enjoy spending time with one another, but we really wish our fellow Falenians who haven't visited the nation board would give it a shot. A theory I've had is those members take a look out of curiosity and, when they see the types of conversations we come up with, decide we're all far too insane and are scared off.

The only advice I can give is for you to keep at your efforts, you obviously care about your nation and your fellow Harmonians. If nothing else, it looks good for you that your willing to invite the less active members of your nation to participate in your community. I hope your efforts meet with success.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well looking at how 5 of the top 7 posters in this board is from Queendom of Falena, it's easy enough to say that they are very active indeed. But I think it could backfire in a sense that new Falena members could be intimidated by the close-ness of those who are having fun in the nation board. They might think that they don't have the chance to create their own fun or that they are outsiders and won't fit to the already-close members of Falena. It might be a good idea to slow down a little and see whether the other members would pick up or come up with something new or not.

Jowston board was pretty much dead about a month ago, then activity pick up with more members trying to start their own discussion about things and stuff. With one doing it, the others started to join in and try to blend together. Now we got a semi-active nation board. Obviously still far behind Falena's activity, but it's not dead either. So I'm quite happy with how things are going in Jowston.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Therefore, it is your only choice to abandon your nations and join Falena! DOWN WITH THE SYST*gets shot by a sniper that happens to be have SARS in his name*

All the way to the edge of this world
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 1 of 13

Jump to: