Suikoden Urgent and Infamous Karma Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

lil nana's soldier challenge.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, here's my strategy #1

I'm not completely sure what your description of the battlefield meant, but I hope I can assume that we're just fighting on some kind of rough terrain on a plains somewhat near your Lord's castle.

I'll assign these types to my men:

200 infantry
100 cavalry
50 archers
50 magicians

I would group the 200 infantry, and half the archers and magicians into a group called "M".
I would group the 100 cavalry, and the other half of the archers and magicians into two groups called "S", evenly split up.
I'll call the keep of my lord "K"
I'll call the enemy's forces "E"

The space between my "M" forces and the enemy's forces I'll assume to be the battlefield we'll engage on.

I would spread them out like this:
edit: Sorry, the board messed up my text image, I'll try again.

------S----------K --------S-------

-----------------MM--------------

---------------EEEEEE-------------

Now, for the strategy. I'll wait for the enemy's units to come towards me, because I want to act like I'm defending the fortress, I don't want to act like I have a trick up my sleeve. We'll skirmish and after a little while I'll have them retreat towards the keep, because surely such a one-sided battle isn't going to be going very well for my soldiers. They'll retreat into and past the keep, at first going straight back. At about this point my "S" forces start heading towards the keep, cavalry in the middle, magicians and archers on the flanks.

Once the enemy is in the keep, the infantry in the "M" force continue retreating straight back, while the magicians in the "M" force branch out to one side, and the archers to the other. Now, the magicians from both my "M" and "S" units cast earth spells on the keep to damage and enemy directly, and to make the remaining walls crumble on top of them. Here the archers from both my "M" and "S" units also attack the enemy. The infantry will now turn back and engage the enemy to drive them out of the fortress. The cavalry from both sides now advance on the enemy, who at this point shouldn't know where to turn. I may not destroy every single enemy, and in fact I probably won't, but if that attack doesn't beat them down and throw them off course, I don't know what will.
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alright Preperations.

Seeming our castle is in 60% ruin I will use this aspect to my advantage. From the broken timbers of our castle I will constuct mid range catapults. (hopefully this isn't classified as a heavy siege weapon.) Assuming our battlement have been destroyed I will use boulders as amunition for these catapults. (Much like they did in Lord of the Rings.) Mass amounts of sand will also be collected as amunition for the catapults.

The splitting of the troops will be as follows.

-200 Calvary

-200 Archers

The Battle Begins

First of all I will send 100 archers around the left and 100 archers around the right. (Just like in my first tactic.) However, 50 archers from each battalion will circle around to the back of the enemy army cutting them off from their food supply. The 100 archers in back will wait in ambush for the food caravans to come and totally obliterate them when they do arrive. The caravan will never know what hit them and will only let 1 or 2 men escape to relay the message to the enemy army; making them think there is a great force behind them.

My 200 calvary men will march out as if to charge but will stop short just to make the enemy anxious. Then I will unleash my catapults loaded with stones to do heavy damage with no casualties of my own. As the enemy tries to retreat and get out of range they will be attacked at the rear by my 100 archers. However the enemy think that the numbers are far greater. In an act of desperation the enemy will charge forward and try to render my catapults useless by being to close.

This is where my heaps of dirt and sand come in. Seeming that dirt and sand is far lighter then stone, If shot off by a catapult I would be surprised if it went more then 500 yards. Loading my catapults fool of dirt and sand I would fire it off making a huge dust storm so that nobody could see more than a foot in front of them. At this my 50 archers on the left and right flanks and my 100 in the back would send a mass volley of arrows into the enemy army. As to the lack of sight by everyone nobody would know what was going on and would not have the sense to do much of anything. Then I would simply have my calvary charge the enemy army for clean up duty and victory would be mine :mrgreen:

Legend

A = Archers
E = Enemy
C = Calvary
F = Fort/Castle
L = Catapults
< > ^ v = Direction of my Attack

---------------------AAAAA-------------------
---------------------AAAAA-------------------
--------------------v--v--v--v----------------
-------AAA>------EEEEEEEE------<AAA----
--------------------EEEEEEE-----------------
-------------------^--^--^--^---------------
-------------------CCCCCCC---------------
----------------^--^--^--^--^--------------
---------FFFFF- L-L-L-L-L-L-L-FFFF----------
---------FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF----------
Seakida

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Here is what I would do, cover the battle feild with dead grass, hay, leaves. Then as the enemy approaches, you run away. They will be merciless and chase after you, that is when you set the feild on fire. This should cause some good collateral damage seeing how the army will be charging in one big group. It may not kill all the enemies, that is when you start picking them off with arrows, then move to infantry, the comes good old Custer with his horse back calvary. They will either all die in a proud and arrogant way, or run away to plan their next attack, but they are merciless so they will not give anything a second thought.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

nanami-san wrote:
Bugg has been put out because the Black Dragon Clan will find you and will keep growing in number + if you choose to leave this battle you wil be looked upon as a treator of the kingdom and will be an outlaw.

Now this doesn't make sense at all. First, the lord is corrupt, so obviously there is no need to be loyal to such corrupt person. If you join a better side of someone who is not corrupt, you'll have the chance to hit two birds with one stone. You let the Black Dragon Clan got rid of the corrupt lord. One down, one more to go. You got the help from the larger army and defeat the Black Dragon Clan. Civillians would be happy that they would not have to worry about the bandits, and they would not have to worry about being corrupted by the government either.

Second, Black Dragon Clan would not keep growing in number because they are bandits. Bandits would not have the largest number overall. Why? Because if they do, they would be the one ruling the nation easily since no other force is capable of stopping them. And how could they grow in number anyway? From each battle they go through, there should be some casualties on their side, and they burn the village (assume that they also kill the civillians) leaving no one new to join them. Not to mention that bandits tend to not believe outsiders, so it's very rare that bandits get new people regularly to grow in numbers.

But if you insist of those things happening, that's fine, it's your creation anyway. I'm just saying that it illogical. I'll use my second chance at creating strategy then.

Here goes nothing. I'll leave the castle wide open and invite the bandits in without any resistance. Of course the civillians would be out there somewhere safe, so only the soldiers, and the bandits are in the area. I would order all of my soldiers to hide real well so that the castle would look empty. Prepare fire traps surrounding the castle (may it be oil or dry grass or whatever) that made it seems as if we're trying to protect ourselves with fire but then decided to run away instead.

Then as the Black Dragon Clan come in to the deepest part of the castle, and since the castle is 60% ruined, I'll tell the soldiers to tear down the ruined part of the castle, trapping the bandits in there. The next move would be setting the traps on fire. With the bandits trapped in the ruined castle, and the fire trapping them even further, they have no chance to survive.

With this tactic, you would also hit two birds with one stone. You got to kill the Black Dragon Clan, and you got to destroy the ugly nearly ruined castle. So the world would be a safer place without the bandits, and the world would also be a bit prettier without the ugly castle. And of course after the bandits dies, we could loot them and use their treasures to rebuild the castle into a better one.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The problem with these strategies (including mine) is that the enemy General needs to be a dumb as a brick to actually be taken by them. They all seem to depend on the enemy troops plodding along a set path like a herd of cows for the slaughter. Also several of these plans rely on a 'all or nothing' approach where you try to set up a couple of cheap tricks and then attack them en masse and hope for the best (despite the fact that you are still badly outnumbered, underequiped and less well trained).

The fact is you are outnumbered nearly 3 to 1. At best tricks and suprises will take that down to 2 to 1. Then after your tricks you are left exposed and pretty much helpless as the enemy pile into your less experienced and equiped troops.
Quote:

The Black Dragon Clan is a vast and evil enemy wich strikes without showing any weak points

Doesn't sound like they would have a dumb-ass General.

Blood Crusaders

2016645 Potch
214 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Moody Mage i kno you have got a good point but hey, thats life :D
After all its just for fun, show some valor and make us proud :D
I'm actually trying to see what youd do in a bad situation like this, and to be honest.... i like what i see ppl !

Bugg, did i say the burn the villages ? no i didn't
Did i say the Black Dragon Clan where bandits ? no i didn't

but ty for your tactic
(ok maninblack thats what i call a nice map :p)

Proud Blade of the Nameless Lands, Alucard, Blade of Shadows

Last edited by Alucard on Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:05 am; edited 2 times in total
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Fair enough, but you did mention the Black Dragon Clan to burn any offer made to them. And they are evil and mean and all that. While you didn't say that they burn the village down, their evil-ness would imply some extend of brutality and bloodthirst. So it's not so wild of an assumption to assume that they might burn the village as well due to them being evil. Burning the offer, killing traitors by ripping their hearts and even feeding them to wolves ... somehow not burn down the village? That's just weird. If they burn offers and execute traitors that awfully, what good would a village that they just attacked be to them? Nothing. Since they are evil, the most likely thing to do is for them to burn the village down.

And if Black Dragon Clan aren't bandits, then what are they? You never explained what they are. You used the word "Clan", so obviously they aren't really knights or soldiers or whatever of a nation at all. Plus, they are evil, so it's fairly enough again to assume that they are minority (may it be rebels or again, bandits).

Last but not least, you did say f*ck the rules and you allow us to do as we please. I come up with an assumption of things that you didn't explain at all, and I assume things as I please while still following the common situation that you gave. Somehow now I'm considered as breaking the rules. Ah well, do what you want. It's your topic anyways. Cheers.

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Alucard

Blood Crusaders

2016645 Potch
214 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

a village aint an offer :p
now if you are a king and you go attack another land, you move your border by taking over villages, wheres the use in burning them ?
a village is an outpost for borders + what you prefer,
an archer without any cover (80% to be hit)or an archer who can shoot out of a window or a rooftop (60% of beeing hit)
another point: more land -> more trade market -> more food,gold,wood,ect -> more power -> more forces

there an army like any other, like the romans :p
they do have a nation but its deep in the misty lands + you would be surprised how easy the human has a change of heart example : World War in real life, diden't dutch or frensh or whatever land join the german side ?

Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well that's nice of you to explain things and edit your first post after I used the flexibility of your rules, nanami-san. =)

And Moody_Mage, I think it's sort of safe to assume that the Black Dragon Clan (or the nation where they come from) is indeed not *that* smart at all. Just have a look of the brief description of what we're defending. Corrupt government would most likely mean miserable townspeople who most likely have little, if any, money. They won't gain much by robbing the townspeople at all. Then the lord of the land, despite being corrupt, doesn't seem to have much money either judging from the weak castle (60% of the castle is already ruined for God's sake!). So there doesn't seem to be any economical benefit by attacking the area.

So we go to the next possibility of reason to attack that area, which is to expand the land of the nation where the Black Dragon Clan come from (whatever the name is). Fine and dandy reason for them to want to expand their territory, but what exactly would they gain by taking over this particular area? Let's see .... bold and ruined land where the water is scarce. What good of such area could be? Most likely not worth any trouble at all. By gaining that area, the nation of the Black Dragon Clan's would end up spending more casualties, more menpower (must leave some people there after they take control), more money spent (to pay for the attack and all that), and they would practically get nothing in return other than the awful land.

Now with that said, I think anyone's tactic would most definitely work.

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Alucard

Blood Crusaders

2016645 Potch
214 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

your a smart one aren't you bugg ^^
i like the way you think :p
as indeed i did never say there would be much profit in this area ^^
(damn he found one of my weak points :p)

but there goal is to expand there grounds as for as possible and as you know the fort in suikoden II was a ruin first to (i bet they played that game !)
and by taking this land they make sure there is no threath in there back
+ they might rebuild the fort themself and meanwhile more forces come :)
(the land is corrupt because there lord is verry ill and can't rlly think clearly, once again : their lord aint corrupt :p)

once again nice work bugg :)

Seakida

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ya, thats Bugg, a good thinker. But I still stand on burning the battle feild and eliminating the survivors. :twisted:
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Bugg
So we go to the next possibility of reason to attack that area, which is to expand the land of the nation where the Black Dragon Clan come from (whatever the name is). Fine and dandy reason for them to want to expand their territory, but what exactly would they gain by taking over this particular area? Let's see .... bold and ruined land where the water is scarce.

I believe Nanami-san stated that the lands were going into ruin; which means they are not ruined yet. Therefore salvation of the land is still possible and it can again be a fertile and prosperous place with some work.

However, there is sort of a kink in this. When has anybody ever heard of an evil and ruthless general trying to restore a piece of land. Normally they just take the land because their greedy. Which brings me to another point, a highly doubt that this evil general will care what shape the land is in or care about the loss of his troops in order to get it. Remember, this guy is heartless.

Quote:
Moody Mage
The problem with these strategies (including mine) is that the enemy General needs to be a dumb as a brick to actually be taken by them. They all seem to depend on the enemy troops plodding along a set path like a herd of cows for the slaughter. Also several of these plans rely on a 'all or nothing' approach where you try to set up a couple of cheap tricks and then attack them en masse and hope for the best (despite the fact that you are still badly outnumbered, underequiped and less well trained).

I highly agree with this statment. In both my strategies I had some of my troops circle around to the back and sides of the enemy army. Seeming were on flatlands where you can see for miles this would be damn near impossible. You would have to fall back for miles and go in an insanly wide radius just to not be seen. This in turn would take days and the battle would more than likely be ended by the time this happened. That and any real army would have scouts and recon to pick these small bands off before they got into position. The only affective way I can see of doing this is if you were to make a smoke screen of somekind like I did in my second strategy to blind them from what was going on.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ManInBlack390, from the first post of nanami-san's short form:
Quote:
you -> 400 men on bold and ruined lands (men are free of kind)

So it's ruined already.

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Also from Nanami-san's firt post.

Quote:

1. The lord of Mount Alazas is ill and his lands are going to ruin...

Grrr.... Stupid contradictory statements :evil:
Alucard

Blood Crusaders

2016645 Potch
214 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Arg people !
I try to make an event with a high reward and thisc is what i get ?!?
I could have just left the forum without ever using my forces !
>_<
why do you people bring down this 14 year old his event !?!? :cry: :cry:

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: