Suikoden Uncouth and Infamous Knowledge Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

lil nana's soldier challenge.
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alucard

Blood Crusaders

2016645 Potch
214 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: lil nana's soldier challenge. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey ppl, you might have seen jolly lil nana hasen't been on :p
I decided to quit this forum but hey, where will my army go !
My army is looking for a nice home :p (1000 soldiers)

Lets make a lil event for them shall we ^^
----------------------------------------------------------------------- -----------
1. The lord of Mount Alazas is ill and his lands are going to ruin...
2. The lord his corrupt LANDS are getting overrun by the Black Dragon Clan!

3. Here is your mission, you are a general from the nearby town of Malasia.
Your master gave you an army of 300 man strong (its a small town :p)
+ the lord his army that makes 400 man.

4. The Black Dragon Clan is a vast and evil enemy wich strikes without showing any weak points.
They burn every offer that is given to them and traters get there harts ripped out and feeded to the wolves.
For they knew there would be backup they sended a huge force of 1000 man strong !
They come from the mist lands in the north.
They are an army to find a nice piece of land-> destroy the opposing force -> reqruit more men from the nearby taken over villages and armies -> expand there borders

short form:
you -> 400 men on bold and almost ruined lands (men are free of kind)
enemy -> vast and 120% loyal, full armored army of 1000 man (knights,archers,wizards,long swordsman,etc)
land -> rough, almost no hills or water
keep of the lord -> 60% ruin so its easy to be taked down

rules :
-no cheats
-no backup will come
!- i want a good view of your tactic -> to hard to read = can't win
ah what the heck, do as you please ! :D :D :D

maps are allowed to be drawn (paint, hand, ect...) and may be pasted on :D (maps are good point makers :p ;) :p)

added info:
you nor the enemy have heavy siege weapons

Good luck and hf all.
Your pal,
nanami-san

Proud Blade of the Nameless Lands, Alucard, Blade of Shadows

Last edited by Alucard on Thu Oct 14, 2004 11:09 am; edited 15 times in total
Alucard

Blood Crusaders

2016645 Potch
214 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

any spelling mistakes must plz be ignored :oops:
if you do give ppl a name tell me who is who
example :
X = lord of mount Alazas
Z = enemy general

Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Hi ppl ! Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

nanami-san wrote:

!- i want a good view of your tactic -> to hard to read = can't win

How so very ironic.

Anyway, don't you think it's pretty much impossible to do anything in that situation, moreso considering your rules?
The best shot is massive suicide.

All the way to the edge of this world
Alucard

Blood Crusaders

2016645 Potch
214 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

f*ck them rules! (only the nice view one is real, forget the rest and get to it !)

or at least give it a try :s
P.S : army boosted to 400 men ;)

Alseid

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Still needing a bit more details.

Does the enemy have any kind of siege weapons? And do we?

How much provitions do we have? And them?

I think that covers it for now.

All the way to the edge of this world
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Like Alseid said not to much information; like are our 400 men archers, magicians, or infantry men? Anyway seeming you didn't give that information I will make it up.

I will split our troops accordingly

-200 swordsman

-100 magicians

-100 archers

First I will send 50 archers and 50 magicians to circle around to the left of the enemy horde. I will also send 50 archers and 50 magicians to circle around to the right. The 200 swordsman will lay in hiding. (I know very hard to do on plains with no hills but they will do it damn it.)

First I will have my left battalion of 100 men attack from afar drawing the enemy to the left. Shortly after word I will have my right battalion attack from behind splitting the enemies army. Both of my battalions will do a hit and run tactic making a gap as two of the enemy's army chases after both battalions. The ration is now 500 enemy to 100 me. This first fase will be a long range battle so they can't use their full strength. If they attack with archers I will counter with magic, If they try charging my archers will shoot them down, If they use magicians it will be a magic showdown.

Once the gap is wide enough my 200 swordsman will charge inbtween the two armys. 100 men will attack the left and 100 men will attack the right. This surprise attack at the enemies flank will cause confusion and panick giving me a great advantage. There will no be 4 new mini wars going on seeming the two smaller battles will again be split with a ration of 100 me to 250 scared and confused them.

From there all my men will have to battle through on an all out onslaught until they all meet at the center. It will be tough but I will be victorious HAHAHAHA!.
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I will require 100 soldiers, 150 magicians and 150 archers.

If they literally burn any offer they get, I suggest giving them some sort of a trojan horse as a gift. There won't be any soldiers inside it. Instead it will be soaked with Kerosine and full of dried wood, onions, and manure. Of course, they will burn the thing as if it was a joke. But then that will start a firestorm. Since there's no water, they won't be able to douse it. (it's kerosine anyway) With that fire burning, it would be stupid of them to keep their armor on, so they'd have to take it off and flee outside with their eyes burning (General included). The mages and archers will provide the long range assault and if they get past them, the soldiers will finish them off.

They only have 4 people to 1 of our soldiers, but with that handicap, it should be easy.

This may sound like a cruel thing to do, but as you said they are supposedly evil. As the Lord of Mt. Alazas, I will do anything to insure the safety of my people. If i can do something to protect them, then I will pay that price.

But i don't know, is this considered cheating, nanami-san?

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The numbers and equipment alone mean that a direct confrontation is out of the question. The most logical route I could see to try and defeat this army is to attack it logistically (ie food and water).
As the army is 1000 strong, with big beefy knights and their massive warhorses which all need plenty of feeding, food and water is at a premium. Especially as it has been pointed out that there is very little food or water in the surrounding area.

I would split my army into 3 groups. The first group would consist of 100 warriors who would scour the surrounding lands for any available food or water, taking what they could and destroying the rest (burning the food and contaminate/poison the water sources).
The second group would also consist of 100 warriors who would have the job of making the enemy believe that they are chasing my entire army towards the ruined keep.
The third group would consist of the remaining 200 warriors who would attack and destroy the supply train. The reason that there are 200 soldiers for this is because there would probably be some quite fierce fighting although if they are clever they could suprise the enemy completely (who if you remember think that the entire army is running from them).
Once the supplies are cut off from enemy then they have 2 choices, either to withdraw back to their own lands to re-supply or to press on in the hope that they will be able to find food and water elsewhere. If they choose the 1st option then fine, it would give me more time to find extra men and to prepare for when they came back.
If they choose the 2nd option then even better. They would press on hoping to live off of the surrounding land only to find that any water source they come across is undrinkable and that there is no food to be found, just burnt patches where it used to be. The horses would die of thirst first meaning that armour and additional supplies (such as extra weapons etc..) couldn't be carried and would have to be left behind. Then the men would also start to die of thirst, don't forget you can only live for about 4 days with no water so it wouldn't really take too long. Even if the enemy managed to reach the ruined fort (in the hope that there is food and water there) then they would find that there is nothing there, no people or supplies. Nothing

Whatever option the enemy chose I would then utilise the last advantage a small force has over a larger one, manoeuvrability. I would spring many suprise attacks on them. As there not much cover the majority of these attacks would be long range night attacks. If the enemy were withdrawing then the objective would be to kill and cripple as many as possible as this is extremely demoralising and may mean that there wouldn't be another invasion. If they decided to press on the the idea would be to not kill many people (because then there would be more food and water for the others) but to injure and maim as many as possible. Therefore they would be unable to fight but would also continue to drain the rapidly dwindling supplies.

Phew.. thats the longest post I've ever written :shock:

Last edited by Decado on Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would just simply run away to somewhere safe. There must be a nation or town or city or castle or whatever that has more people than the bandits. So offer my help to them and join them in annihilating the bandits.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Alucard

Blood Crusaders

2016645 Potch
214 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

atm ranking:
1. Moody_Mage
2. Ced The Lad (no that aint cheating :D, that would be like: i summon a meteor to kill em all in one blow.)
3. ManInBlack390

Bugg has been put out because the Black Dragon Clan will find you and will keep growing in number + if you choose to leave this battle you wil be looked upon as a treator of the kingdom and will be an outlaw.
(if you ever seen the army at Minas Tirith in lord of the ringsIII... do that times 4)

All are free to post more than one tactic (max number = 3)
and if any info is needed just pm me your question and i'll gladly reply to you ;)

Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok, 3 times, huh? Alright I'll use the same setup as before. I also thought about poisoning the little amount of water sources as Moody Mage did, but that would screw us over as well. There's no guarantee how long the battle would take, so we need that water just in case.

Am I correct in assuming that this is the type of terrain we're on? these are badlands, rough and little water or hills.

Again, I'm using the same setup, but this time there will be 200 mages, 100 warriors, and 100 archers. Thus with time, we can weaken the foundation with the mages. Eventually we can take it down and crush their morale, but before this, my men will have to make preparations. From Mage's post, they have cavalry, so I propose that using my soldiers, I alter the terrain. I will create numerous trenches and potholes on the land that they will be fighting. To avoid attention, the mages will create the holes by displacing the earth underground and not do anything to the top for anyone to see.

Before I attack, I will ambush their supply caravan with half of my army. The caravan will be guarded, but it's redundant to send a big army just to get water. We will take out the supply soldiers and steal the water for ourselves.

Following that scheme, the army will surround the castle , and attempt to wither the foundation. If the Black Brigade (Star Ocean: Till The End of Time, fan?) attempts to come at us with their horses and beefcake armor, then they will have a rough time because of the displaced terrain. They will be breaking ankles, horses will be useless, and you will have a lot of them stuck on those trenches. If they decide to run back to the fort or decide never to come out in the first place, they will either be crushed when the foundation falls, or they will die of thirst since we can ambush the supply caravans.

Edit: Ok, MY castle is 50% ruin. Oh well, that doesn't matter since I'm the agressor. Nothing changes, that just means their choices of losing are limited to the inability to fight in the battlefield and thirst.

Last edited by Cedric on Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Alucard

Blood Crusaders

2016645 Potch
214 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ahem ! your castle is in 60% ruin :p

Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My army would consist of:

25- Magicians
25- Military engineers/those gifted in tunneling
50- Archers
300- Infantry

Battle preparations: I would first start by having my engineers dig and fortify some small pocket tunnels in the courtyard of the ruined fort and right outside the entrance. My magicians would than magically fortify them from collapse. Second I would heat up some very fine sand from the ground of the outlying area to a nice temperature making sure that it stays the same consistance of sand.

After preparations are made than all of my infantry would hide in the tunnels and wait for the right moment. They would also be wearing a veil over their eyes and faces as protection. Next I would send my archers out a little ways and get the attention of the approaching army and retreat into the fort thus offering up an empty target.

Upon entering the fort my archers would don their veils as well and climb onto the battlements and hunker down in wait. As the appraoching army enters the fort my magicians would raise up a major sandstorm by creating magical winds to stir all of the sand up in a whirlwind of hot sand. When the sand enters their eyes unexpectedly they would be caught slightly offguard. At this point my archers would stand up and fire a few volleys into the courtyard adding more chaos and confusion to the milling army. After the volley is finished an archer would blow on a horn thus signaling the infantry to come up out of their hidden tunnels andstart hacking at soldiers right in their midst. Thus would my success be complete.

Blood Crusaders

2016645 Potch
214 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ok ppl this is getting more like it, but if u use strange word example veil :s
plz do * is and explain at bottem :p

Yes i'm a star ocean fan
Ty Mr/Miss moderator for the fun name on this topic

P.S : maps are good point makers, i love maps :D;)

Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A veil being something to put over your face that allows you to see yet keeps dust and blowing sand out of your eyes, mouth, and nose.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: