Suikoden United and Illegal Knowledge Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Lyon or Miakis
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Lyon or Miakis
Lyon
43%
 43%  [ 48 ]
Miakis
56%
 56%  [ 63 ]
Total Votes : 111

Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Although I felt some affection for Lyon, her overall character is rather boring. I like her sense of duty towards the hero, but it is to be true rather one-dimensional. She is either protecting the prince, whatever may be the danger, or is almost dying or better recovering. Between that there's not incredible much.

Miakis on the other hand allows us to see some more aspects of her personality, because she reacts different to the people. She is great when she kicks the Barows-boy's butt and funny when she makes fun of Lymsleia. Even when she takes over Lyon's bodyguard position she seems to have more personalty, because it doesn't feel like it is only a part of her being, but has some substance story- and characterwise.

I admit I liked Lyon's weapon. I think it was way cooler than Miaki's, but that won't change my opinion. Since I haven't trained both the best I could and didn't give both the right runes, I can't decide who is better at fights.

The Fool
LordKratos

Seraphim Of Kooluk

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked Miakis personailty better and her weapons were way cooler then Lyons stupid stick knife, I don't care if she's a *SPOILER* trained Nethergate assassin she's still stupid an annoying.
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked Lyon, personality wise and battle wise.
Miakis annoyed me, her voice got on my nerves. Plus I never used her when the game had her in my party, I put her in convoy and waited till I got Lyon back. Overall, Lyon ownz! XD
LostAddict

59273 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I voted for Lyon, although it was incredibly difficult.

In terms of story, I just found Lyon's history alot more depressing, although more ... inspirational/uplifting I guess? For all the crap that she's been through she kept fighting and protecting what she thought was right.

I also preferred her design, I just thought she was cuter.

Although I really do love Miakis as well. Both of them were phenomenal characters.
Arevus

The Reborn

314452 Potch
100 Soldiers
44 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I voted for Miakis, but it was a tough vote. I like both characters, but what I liked about Miakis was she wasn't always so subservient to the Princess. She would always use some sort of wit to make fun of her and tease her, while Lyon is more of the boring I'll always be with you to the end and protect you. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Lyon because of it, but when she compares to Miakis, I find that Miakis' sarcastic wit stands out above Lyon.

Sup?
SolemnSound

Solemn Sound

330634 Potch
100 Soldiers
48 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This was a very hard vote to cast. Both Lyon and Miakis I agree are very very similar. As stated they are both queen knights who both guarded a member of the royal family. Although werent they considered queen knight apprentice?

Im not sure on that one.

I liked Miakis better than Lyon though for several reasons.

1. Miakis her weapon of choice was a lot cooler than Lyon. The duel daggers were really awesome and fun to use. Lyon's weapon was interesting and "the big pocket knife" comment I can see what you going with there. Plus, I enjoy using the shield rune as well and other runes as well. I enjoy using the runes and seeing the special effects =D

2. Personally I liked Miakis charachter better as well. She seemed more playful and was always worried about the princess and the duel between Miakis and the Prince was epic. I really felt something that whole time I was fighting her one on one and felt sad when I beat her.

3. One thing I was debating on why to cast my vote for Lyon was that she was the bearer of the twighlight rune near the end and when you were able to do the combo rune attack with her and the prince that was pretty cool and if the combo physical attack with her and the prince was specific to them only I may have cast my vote to her than Miakis, but since Miakis was able to do the same combo with the prince it doesnt matter.

blue star

Galaxy

7500 Potch
0 Soldiers
401194 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I voted for Miakis. That's because I like her weapon. I love the fact she wants to be the bodyguard of the princess no matter what.

As for Lyon, I like her personality. She is really sworn in guarding the prince at all costs. I like her because of the twilight rune she got. She really is the soul mate of Frey (the prince).
Splendid Monkey

Monkey`s Mad Marauders

96384 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Although werent they considered queen knight apprentice?

Lyon was a queen`s knight apprentice while Miakis was a full-fledged queen`s knight from the start of the game. Their starting stats reflect this as well (Lyon lv. 6, Miakis lv. 20)

My vote goes to Miakis. Not that I have anything against Lyon but like many have said before me she is kind of stiff in her sense of duty. Her hystory with Nethergate is interesting but not something we haven`t seen before in other rpg`s (Lunar 2`s Jean for example). I thought her weapon was rather interesting and I particularly liked the slashing sound of it.

Miakis is rather funny while she also proves to be very sensitive. She seems more like a big sister to Lym than a bodyguard. I also enjoyed hearing about how she used to beat up all the boys in Sauronyx! :mrgreen: In the end I found her to be more fun to be around then Lyon wich is why I give her my vote.
Sun's Vicegerent

Divine Judgement

777674 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I voted for Miakis. It's not that I dislike Lyon or anything, but Miakis' character was just more appealing to me. I find it funny how she teases Lym and everything, it's kind of cute in my opinion.

Miakis also had a cooler weapon - like someone previously stated - and I liked her fighting style more. It's just my personal opinion though, and I can understand if anyone else feels different about it.

I also thought Miakis had a cooler designer, considering she was a full fledged Queen's Knight.
AKUMA X

12025 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

as for me, i choose miakis...

i gave her...fury, double edged and killer runes
Dilber Novum

8481 Potch
156 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I voted for Miakis, because she's not that bitchy girlie like Lyon. I like her sense of humour and the scenes where she fools Lymsleia. Remember the ceremonial match at the Sacred Games in Stormfist? And I liked Roog's behavior in front of Miakis after having a ride on Lance's back. Miakis is the type of woman I like. She gets along with everyone except Alenia.

just my 2 potch
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I voted lyon for her screwed up past; an orphan sold off or picked up by Nethergate, how freaking sweet!!! if only they had elaborated more on that, rather than let those skills be something she left behind with her past. Sure they illuded to it, but it would have been all the better if she had utilized her previous skills or elaborated on her kills - perhaps a SOD with a grudge against her for assassinating someone close to her, would have opened up her character a little more. Miakies is just too "tom boy" ish and I felt that her relationship with Lym was too casual, Lym is the freaking princess, I get it - you're her friend as well, but first and formost you're her bodyguard - good job you did of that. All i saw Miakis do was hide in a room, I didn't see her hatching (successfully) any plots to break her out of Godwin hands! No, Lyon was much more professional and knew her place as the princes bodyguard - Miakies could take some lessons.

I hate you Onimaru.
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like both characters, but Miakis is up there in my top 5 of the game. I just like her weapons and look. I'd marry her, for real :D
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Splendid Monkey

Monkey`s Mad Marauders

96384 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Did any of you know that Miakis is in fact 22?

Not that that's anywere near old or anything but I was still quite surprised. I thought she'd be like 16 or something.
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Splendid Monkey wrote:
Did any of you know that Miakis is in fact 22?

Not that that's anywere near old or anything but I was still quite surprised. I thought she'd be like 16 or something.

I was shocked to see that too! There's a site that has these listed, I believe? Could you maybe PM it to me? (Or post it, if it's not as spammish as I think)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: