Suikoden Urgent and Inspirational Kosher Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Lyon or Miakis
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Lyon or Miakis
Lyon
43%
 43%  [ 48 ]
Miakis
56%
 56%  [ 63 ]
Total Votes : 111

Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:50 am    Post subject: Lyon or Miakis Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, since the original topic is lost in forum heaven, I guess I'll repost it because it had quite a few replies.

Well, as I think I wrote in my above post, I think Lyon and Miakis both have a lot on common. Both of them are Queen's Knights, have the same combination attack with the prince. From what I've experienced they're also very similar stat wise, but Miakis seems to be more magic oriented, while Lyon is more on the physical side. They are both bodyguards of a member of the royal family, meaning that they are pretty important. So, you all get the idea.

As for me I'm gonna go with Miakis because I find it more fun to use her. It's probably because she has that Shield Rune(I really like using Shield Runes) and her dual dagger were really cool looking. For some reason I never liked Lyon's weapon too much. It always looked like a giant pocket knife to me.
Swish

3rd H.C. Regiment "Plague"

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I vote Lyon.

Mostly because i prefer her story in the game more to Miakis... although, that's probably because it seems as though she's around alot more than Miakis. As for fighting capabilites, they are reletively the same, but since, again, it seems like i use Lyon more, she tends to have higher capabilities than Miakis...

Then again, i'm more of a physical attack person, and rarely use runes unless it's the only way to win a boss battle.... so... that may be the main reason why i prefer Lyon over Miakis... due to her ability to deal more damage in a physical attack.

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I vote Lyon for all the great reasons. She does more damage per hit then Miakis, even if she multi hits less the damage difference is low and constant damage is better the burst damage. Caster-wise Miakis may be better, but like most Suikodens Rune Magic isn't exactly game-breaking when normal attacks can hit 9999 far higher then any Rune Magic. I also find Miakis personality a little bit.....creepy, yeah in the FAQ I was making I kept calling her creepy whenever she talked.
Delsaber

New Gaien Wildcards

132495 Potch
1660 Soldiers
2625 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I found myself becoming a lot more interested in Lyon's character as the game went on than I expected at the start. She even surprised me in places, such as the confrontation with Roy. Miakis had her moments as well, I just feel that Lyon turned out to be the perfect "second", for the lack of a better term. She never annoyed me like Gremio or (especially) Nanami, nor did she just kinda blend in the with furniture like the castaway knights of Suikoden IV. Additionally, she was far more important to the core plot than any of those previous characters, if you ask me.
Ley

Username

441125 Potch
0 Soldiers
550446 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Can we have a neither option please.

I dislike both as them, for mainly a selfish reason. I don't like having my character slots taken up by anyone, ever.
Jhones

The Vermillion Legion

7066 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hate Miakis. I'm not sure why (it might be because she kills you if you lose your duel with her even though she want's to join you), it might be her voice (God it's iriitating, or it just might be the way she stands. (her posture is just too straight.) But, regardless. I hate her all the same.

I'm going to get myself banned if I keep acting like a jerk...
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love Lyon though, as she is cute and always there for the Prince, even protecting him from Dolph's/Michafute's stab...
as for Miakis, she's just mocking around with Lymsleia and playing around with her....
I'm looking at their lifestyle though, not about the fighting in battles or their stats and stuff... :)
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love Miakis, she was an amazing character to me, she had a very good rune ( I love runes, I am runemaster!?) her weapons seemed cool to me as well as her bieng cute as well. Don't get me wrong though, I love Lyon as well, she had the Twilight rune and everything and she was always there for the prince but she didnt seem to have the playfulness of Miakis and thats what I think made me chose Miakis over Lyon.

Suzume

White Wind Brigade

205407 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like both of them, but if I had to pick I'd say think I like Lyon better. They're both cute and Miakis could be funny. I used both of them quite often, but I really loved Lyon's relationship with the prince.

Grasslands National Banana Appreciation Month!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I enjoyed them both but Lyon's dedication to the prince was my choice over Miakis's funny joke playing on the princess throughout the game.

http://www.myspace.com/lonelion7769
http://www.duefiumi.com
http://z6.invisionfree.com/suikocross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Demon Eyes Kyo

Crimson Crusaders

260069 Potch
250 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like them both, but if I had to choose, it'd be Lyon. I found her more useful than Miakis and...I just like her character :-)

Return that soul to God.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
SirYuber

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i like Miakis a lot more, she is definitely one of the best characters in the game, Lyon isnt that good at all, she gains her 2nd slot at level 45, before that she has only one slot, Miakis comes with 3 slots open at level 45.

and storywise Miakis is cooler, Lyon is just "Prince"!! "PRINCE"!! "my duty is to protect the Prince even if i die"!! ...Give me a break woman!! and in the beginning of the game? "But Lady Sialeeds""! " SIr George"!! she got on my nerves from the very beginning.. or maybe its just because i hate those babysitter-characters ( Nanami, Gremio, Sgt.Joe, Lyon, Andarc)

WOW i just realised that Lazlo didnt even have a babysitter!!, got to give him a little more cred. in my book then.. :D

"Then I will put an end to your misery.You, the successor to the 27 true Runes, will be granted your eternal slumber.Don't you feel honored?"
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I had to pick Lyon, she's just so much cuter and her stance is prettier and well she's destined to be with the prince!

No matter how you're outfitting them, Miakis will always be stronger in battle IMO, with 3 free slots her damage will always outshine Lyon's 2 free slots, and she has greater magic to boot.

The only advantage that Lyon has in battle is that you get her from early on, and she gets the Twilight Rune near the end.

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Can't say this is an easy choice for me.

Lyon boasts of being more of the physical one of the two. Her role in the gameplay is importantm after all, she IS your bodyguard. You get her very, VERY early, so you have more time to use her. Her storyline personality is quite bodyguard-ish, although there are sometimes when she acts like a little child (take the Raftfleet scene, in which Lyon googles of your new clothes.). It's impossible not to feel pity for her after the New Queen's Campaign, and so she goes on a hiatus. You get her towards te grand finale, and get a Twilight Rune, when combined with the Dawn Rune, makes for a very potent combination. Her background is arguably one of the most interesting ones in Suikoden V.

Miakis, on the other hand, can be called as the "Avatar of Bubblyness". She's bubbly, actslike a child about 95% of the time, and she's older than Lyon. She can be a very, VERY useful member to have, as getting three rune slots can get you all excitedto put any number of attack runes on her, making her a physical killer. She's got the edge on Lyon with Unites with 3, as opposed to Lyon's 2. She guards your sister, which is a tiring job, since it IS Lymsleia, after all. She replaces Lyon in the middle of the game. She has one of the games most tearful scenes in Doraat.

In the end, it's impossible for me to choose one very over the other. But i'll vote for Lyon. I feel that she has the edge story-wise, as well as having the close of bonds to the Prince.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
red stuff

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like Lyon quite a bit, but Miakis is probably my favorite female character in the entire series. I've played Suikoden V three times, and each time she was almost always in my party when I could help it. I like her personality more (especially her sense of humor, and her interactions with Lymsleia), plus I found her more useful from a gameplay standpoint overall. I like using three rune slot characters in general, but it was especially fun to see Miakis dish out insane damage with the right setup.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: