Suikoden Unique and Irrational Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Fire Emblem
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Louise is okay, but as mentioned, both Louise and Pent are quite tied to each other due to their default A support with each other. So in terms of customization, you're a bit limited for Louise compared to Wil and Rebecca. And then, Louise is a pre-promoted unit. Just like any other pre-promoted units, this means that she's decent but could be worse than non pre-promoted units (Wil and Rebecca) depending on the RNG.

I always use both Serra and Priscilla. Since I arena-abuse quite often, leveling up the two of them isn't really that hard. Priscilla is indeed more useful than Serra IMO, especially if you have A support with Erk too, but Serra is easily better than the rest due to her tendency to critical very often.

I couldn't be bothered with Nino. She came in at level 5 and very vulnarable on the next chapter. It's really a gamble to try to level her up. If you're lucky, she'd survive and turned out great. If you're unlucky, she's dead (which happened to me). Another reason why I couldn't be bothered with her is by the time she joined, I already have enough strong magicians (Priscilla and Serra, plus 1 or 2 others - either Erk and/or Canas).

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Raven

Blood Angel Sages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

MMan9000 wrote:
nah, Canas is very powerful if used correctly. Rebecca is the same way, she might seem crappy at first, but give her time, she will not fail to impress.

I am nowhere near the end of the game. I just like planning things ahead of time, just for fun.

I heard that Nino was the better mage out of the three possible (her, Erk and Pent). Same thing with Rebecca being the best archer (out of her, Wil, and Louise). Priscilla and Canas don't really have competition since they are the only ones of thier type. Owsin is generally better then Wallace, since Oswin can gain more levels and they force you to promote Wallace. The Falcoknights (or Pegknights) are really good, and have some of the highest resistance in the game.

Yes rebeca is very good but wats cool is if you max out lyns bow lv then she is actualy the best archer

nino is very strong but its hell trying to train her but it can be done

dart in my opinion is the best ax user other than hector

raven is good he has no weakneses i can put him agenst any lance man with only a steel sword
Raven

Blood Angel Sages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

my number 1 rule never use a person that already evolved
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Same here, the only people that actually might be half good already promoted is Pent and possibly Louise depending on how you see her.

Hmm...strangely enough my Serra hardly has any magic at this level. She is at about level 7 or so, and she only has 3 magic. If that doesn't improve, I will probably remove her for someone else...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've played Fire Emblem once... not sure if what you guys are discussing is the same thing. I played it at my godmother's house cause they had S-Nes, but it was all in Japanese... the game was like the war battles over at Suikoden II. Is that the same one you guys are talking about?
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, we are talking about the one that was released on GBA a year or so ago. In a month or so (if this thread is still here) we will be talking about the new one that would be out then.

Official Smoke Bomb User

Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

They're two games from the same series. But, yes, this topic mainly talks about the English one that came out a while ago for the GBA.

About Pent and Louise, I use them a lot in more recent plays. Pent turned out pretty decent as I felt there's no need to train Nino or even Priscilla as he's good enough to cover my Anima magic needs. Louise is there to take advantage of their high support level, of course.

Unless you are aiming to build a Link Arena team, using promoted units like these doesn't make the game anymore difficult anyway. I've used Harken and Isadora, even Vaida, previously.
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Raven you sid Raven has no weakness, you are correct in that statement but everyone must notice is Raven has no real strength either hes just balanced meaning lame.

Bottom Line yo!
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Raven does have weaknesses. Just look at his defense.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm....actually, Priscilla does level up pretty fast with the Psychic Rod, and I would rather have a horse rider be my main mage then someone on foot. Of course, I will still use Serra and/or Nino, but if Serra doesn't increase her magic ability, then I would get rid of her for Nino later (I just got Ninian in my game, and Priscilla can heal just as much as having two of them after having Ninian dance).

Official Smoke Bomb User

Raven

Blood Angel Sages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Defense demens its random how your person will lev up stats so i was lucky and raven had good def for me.

and croix a jack of all traids is what raven is which means you dont rerlly half to watch ravens back like other people
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm well aware of the Random Number Generator. However, each character still has a percentage that decides how likely they will gain a point in that stat. Lyn, for example, has a lower percent chance of getting a STR point than Hector.
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Raven has some good points but I prefer Guy & Dorcas.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I am not a big fan of the axemen. They seem to have really low accuracy, and I want to hit as much as I can.

I just got done with Ch. 20 in Eliwood's story, and some of my units got promoted (Canas, Rebecca, Oswin, and Fiora) more will get promoted in coming chapters (Priscilla, and Florina-if I can find an Elysian whip).

Official Smoke Bomb User

Raven

Blood Angel Sages

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Has any one got all the alternet endings?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10

Jump to: