Suikoden United and Informational Keystone Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Fire Emblem
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Fire Emblem Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Has anyone ever played this Strategy/RPG game? I recently got the GBA version and it was an awesome experience for me, anyway its time for the topic question
Who in your opinion is strongest character IMO it has got to be Dorcas from the GBA version his sheer power and high HP levels were a plus, also he had great defense. His only downside was he was slow and could not take too many magic hits.
Joe x

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

yea I played it it is a good game for the gba.Elwood is the best
Glen Cott

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

One of the best turn-based strategy games I have played. Better than Shining Force or Advance Wars IMO.

BTW, Hector rulez
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have the game and I've Beaten it many of times... The best character for me was a Tie between Lyndis after she's promoted because of her speed, A level 20 promoted Canas, and of course... good old Hector.

I found Geits and a high-leveled promoted Guy to be very formidable as well...
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Other characters that are pretty dern good.

10-Guy-When he gets promoted and has a killing edge, get outta the way.

9-Canas-He arguably the best magician in the game and for an addtional plus his defense is good.

8-Dart-This guy has got awesome critacal hit chances.

7-Athos-This guy is a friggin magic powerhouse extremely useful in the final battle.

6-Bartre-Not as good as Dorcas but most of his stats are overshadowed by Dorcas
IMO he is just a wannabe warrior.

5-Harken-Pair him up with a Brave Sword and stand back.

4-Erk-He may be Pent's student but once he is promoted he is much much better.

3-Heath-He is not only cool looking and he has very good stats, cept' for his resistance.

2-Hector-Every way he walks he leaves a path of destruction and chaos.

1-Dorcas-See my first post.

IMPO Eliwood and Lyndis each stink so bad at fighting I didn't even tain them up they were ineffcient,
Eliwood isn't particulary needed against the Dragon he is just "convenient to use" I just used Hector and Dorcas
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought Karel was a pretty good substitute if you didn't level up Guy earlier on in the game and Matthew was damn good as an assasin if you work with him very carefully.

Quote:

5-Harken-Pair him up with a Brave Sword and stand back.

OK, I've gotten every friggin character in the game except THAT one... How do you get him?
Gil-galad

Flame of the West

2849957 Potch
200 Soldiers
46 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You get harken instead of Karel is your physical combat characters levels are higher then your Magical combat characters. I got Harken my first time through but I've not been able to get him since. I actually find that Harken is much more useful then Karel.

I disagree with the whole Erk being more powerful then Pent-- I've got both of them at level 20 Sage, and I find that Pent is more useful because his agility is higher, I find he dodges alot more then Erk even though Erks power is a little better.

I also found the leveled up Eliwood to be the better then any of the other transformations of the Lords. I mean he just gets a ton better when you level him up.

Anyway, I hope you can tell I love this game. ;)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Inko

Nikostratos

629196 Potch
5000 Soldiers
465 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actully all of the stats are randomly determined, but my favoitre would have to be Guy.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The stats are random, yes, but each character's chance of gaining in a certain stat varies.

I've always preferred Lowen. He's a tank on a horse, and one or two power rings balances him out.
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Didn't know that... for my tanks I stuck with Hector and Oswin, as well as Lyn when you start to get her speed up and get her promoted... I've always found dodging to be more satisfying/preferable over the no damage result (do to status effects like poison and berserk)
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now, I'm the opposite. Most of the high speed characters also have low HP and/or defense, which means that one good hit is gonna take them out or leave them in critical. The majority of the high defense guys, on the other hand, have a lot of HP, making poison more of a nuisance than a threat.

And the chance of Berserk hitting is based on resistance, not speed.
Inko

Nikostratos

629196 Potch
5000 Soldiers
465 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

in my game Guy has 43 HP, he's really fast, and has a decent defense. So he's the perfect warrior in my game and he's not even a swordsmaster yet.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Very unlikely in everyone else's game, though.

My Guy always seems to have low power, defense, luck, and resistance. Just speed and skill.
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Now, I'm the opposite. Most of the high speed characters also have low HP and/or defense, which means that one good hit is gonna take them out or leave them in critical. The majority of the high defense guys, on the other hand, have a lot of HP, making poison more of a nuisance than a threat.

All you need is to give them one of the items that raises their HP and it'll actually help improve em a bit. But I still find poison to be too irritating for me to deal with in the game. the best way to get their evation up is to equip a normal weapon and its reaver counterpart ( like a sword and a lance reaver). It will actually improve evation, battle wise, not Exp. on just about every caracter. For magicians, I found using their most primitive spells works real well (fire, thunder, lightning, and flux).
OK, I'll stop I'm babbling again...
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, the same could be said for defensive characters: Give them speed-increasing items.

And I only ever use iron, killer, and silver weapons.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: