Suikoden Unique and Irrational Kibbutz Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Football (Soccer) 2006/2007 Season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Manchester United vs. Chelsea was such a boring match, from the start it was obvious what had happaned. Chelsea had dragged Manchester into playing at their pace, and eventually beating them by wearing them down, time was on Chelsea's side.

I don't have much to say about it apart from that if two of the best English teams face off like that, matches should be more exciting. When managers sacrifice entertaining football just for results, it kills the game.
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Tell me about it......i was not surprised by the result. Manchester United fell into Chelsea's pace and did not play at their own and yeah United squanderer some sitters!
Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Giggs should have finished that game earlier on, his inability to get his foot on the end of that ball across was Manchester United's demise. If he'd caught that with a boot instead of rolling the ball under him and taking it through Cech it would of gone in I do believe as it was I do think that was a foul on Cech and in my eyes there's no controversy to that one. It was a very boring match unfortunately but then so was the last game the two teams played, I was a bit disappointed Cole was subbed off at half time he was the only one providing little bursts of excitement at points and Robben while obviously a great player doesn't have the same tricks to him as Cole, he's a bit more straightforward (though equally good, or a bit better as a whole player probably).

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree, since when does pushing a keeper backwards while he has the ball in his hands score a goal?
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No way was that a goal....hahaha....i had to laugh when Giggs put his hands up looking for that goal! Crazy desperation i think, that was a pure foul on Cech, pure and simple.
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Brian, quite a late reply, but sorry about that Ronaldo comment. I tend to call him that sometimes. ^^;

Anyhow, Man. United-Chelsea looked boring when I saw it on Sportscenter (my power got cut off during the match.) I saw that whole Giggs-Cech thing, no, it's not a goal. Giggs was probably getting desperate for something.

And so now that that's all wrapped out, Chelsea win the double, and Manchester United win 1 out of 3. Not bad.

And in some other big news.... I can't say it, I'll quote it.

Quote:
RIO DE JANEIRO, May 20 (Reuters) - Former Brazil striker Romario finally scored what he claims to be the 1,000th goal of his career by converting a penalty in Vasco da Gama's 3-1 over Sport Recife on Sunday.

1,000, baby. 1,000. Though there are rumoredly some 120 goals in question...

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Ayreon

Universal Migrators

7311 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Only one day until the big Final match in Athens.Can't wait to see this rematch.And i hope to see Mark Gonzalez in action(Zenden is injured so there might be a chance).

''Sail away to Avalon.......''
Goldy

Kooluk Companions

543627 Potch
467 Soldiers
4141829 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Archy, yeah, he has included friendlies and they like. All 1000 are not competitive match goals.

Ayreon, i will be shouting for AC Milan, they are my favourite team in Italy, plus i am a Manchester United fan so i am hardly going to shout for Liverpool! :P
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I want AC to win.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

timelord wrote:
Archy wrote:

Predictions? I'm predicintg a 2-1 win for Milan.

I wouldn't bet on that one like you said already liverpool is well rested and for a matter of fact Liverpool always performed better in europe then in th EPL.

Apparently, Archy got it exactly right. AC Milan won the Champions League 2-1. When you're hot, you're hot, Archy. XD

I'm glad that AC Milan won rather than Liverpool. I've always considered that there was some truth about how Liverpool wouldn't even reach the finals had they actually compete for domestic title. The fact that they're out of the race in everything they do simply played out to their strength compared to Chelsea and Barcelona, two teams that are/were chasing domestic title, whom they defeated to get to the finals.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Exile

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

That would be more valid if Milan were anywhere near the title in Serie A this year (even with the 8 point deduction forgotten about) themselves, wouldn't it? In fact if you forget the deductions they would still be fourth, going ahead of Lazio who only had a 3 point deduction and behind Fiorentina who had a 15 point deduction.

Kaka is some player. The first goal was a bit lucky and even looked like it struck his arm to me (his arm was in line with his body so hard to move it out of the way, just making mention) but the second was classy, I actually thought Reina might have been able to do a bit better on the shot actually, he looked to get down fast enough but he seemed to overshoot the placement of the ball and his hand was beyond it. Reasonable game though, Liverpool kept it tense and played pretty well for the most part really. Finnan sucks.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well there's a big difference between Liverpool's non-title challenge with AC Milan's non-title challenge. Liverpool throughout the season has been pretty much somewhere around 3rd-5th (with Bolton, Portsmouth, Everton sometimes ahead them but then faded away after January). So they were in the no man's land of 3rd-4th position with Arsenal and they both knew that they would get Champions League Qualification spot for England. In short, Liverpool didn't really have to fight for anything as they're not close enough to win the title, but safe enough to get to participate in European competition the next season.

On the other hand, AC Milan spent most of the season crapped at mid-table and Serie A's top 4 position at one stage consisted of Inter, Palermo, Roma, and Empoli. It was only through Palermo's self-destruct performance and Milan's own run of good results that they came through to 4th position. So AC Milan still had something to fight for. It was only around 2 weeks ago that they were safe to get the qualification spot for next year's Champions League. When AC Milan played Bayern Munich and Manchester United, they were still chasing that fourth and final spot for Champions League next season.

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I did get the score right, though not who scores the goals. I was surprised that Inzaghi started - I thought Gilardino would be the obvious choice, looks like this time Ancelotti relied on experience. Good call.

Well AC Milan won, and at least there's something to talk about for them this season. As for Liverpool, er, didn't they win the Community Shield? I guess that counts...

As for Paolo Maldini, this is his fifth Champion's League title. And he can still grab a couple before retiring. Amazing.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah I'm happy Maldini will get to retire on a high note (if he chooses to do so), that man deserves it. As for the match, it was obvious that Liverpool were dominant in the first half, but mainly because they were exhausting themselves using up all of their energy whilst Milan played it much more relaxed and in some places it was a close call for Milan to come out of the first half without being a goal or two down. Kaka and Gattuso were not the massive threats that they were against Manchester United, but they were still useful at certain times. However I see it as a good thing because now no one can say AC are a one man team. :P

Aurelien wrote:
On the other hand, AC Milan spent most of the season crapped at mid-table and Serie A's top 4 position at one stage consisted of Inter, Palermo, Roma, and Empoli. It was only through Palermo's self-destruct performance and Milan's own run of good results that they came through to 4th position. So AC Milan still had something to fight for. It was only around 2 weeks ago that they were safe to get the qualification spot for next year's Champions League. When AC Milan played Bayern Munich and Manchester United, they were still chasing that fourth and final spot for Champions League next season.

A good run of results doesn't come without hard work, even if the side you're looking to overthrow is playing badly. Milan just wanted to qualify for the next Champion's League and have a respectable place in Serie A, they accomplished that and they rested their players before the Liverpool match by fielding a bad line-up against Udinese in which they lost 3-2 but when you're champions of Europe that seems to be only a minor setback.

Archy wrote:
As for Paolo Maldini, this is his fifth Champion's League title. And he can still grab a couple before retiring. Amazing.

Maybe one more if he is lucky but I doubt multiple times but hey it's Maldini - anything could happen. He should be having his knee surgery now that he postponed it to play in the final.
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Uji wrote:
A good run of results doesn't come without hard work, even if the side you're looking to overthrow is playing badly. Milan just wanted to qualify for the next Champion's League and have a respectable place in Serie A, they accomplished that and they rested their players before the Liverpool match by fielding a bad line-up against Udinese in which they lost 3-2 but when you're champions of Europe that seems to be only a minor setback.

And the point is? Like I said before, Liverpool had been able to "rest players before big-match" since from when they played Barcelona and then Chelsea. That's the difference and possibly reason why Liverpool went to the finals rather than Barcelona or Chelsea whom both were chasing domestic title in their respective league. On the other hand, AC Milan had only been able to rest players for that match against Udinese because in the previous months, they were still chasing that number 4 spot in the league. Losing to Udinese wasn't even a setback because their goal to ensure qualification for the Champions League 07/08 had been guaranteed. Therefore, the result against Udinese was irrelevant to them.

And it's not like Liverpool weren't resting their players anyway because they surely had been doing that for quite some time, including prior to the match against AC Milan.

06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Sports All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18

Jump to: