Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Knowledge Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't feel that it's necessary to start a thread with this one simple question, so I'm sorry if this is the wrong place for it.

I used to be able to know how to change the width and height of my avatar in the url box. I used to use the same avatar for different sites, and I had to change the sizes many times, according to the rules of the board. Can someone please refresh my memory and tell me how to do this?

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It depends on your image editing software. In MS Paint, you can alter dimensions by opening the Image menu, then clicking "Stretch/Skew". You can only manipulate percentages, though.

If you have Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro or any other high-end image editing software, you'll be able to alter the dimensions using pixels as the measurement. I don't know about PSP, but in Photoshop you'd open the Image menu, then click on "Image Size.." and mess with it in the window that opens.

Or you could ask someone around here to resize it for you. I'm sure I'm not the only one that has Photoshop or other means of accurately altering the dimensions of an image.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How would we put up banners, this is here because I do not feel it deserves a whole section.
Cirape

0 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seakida wrote:
How would we put up banners, this is here because I do not feel it deserves a whole section.

first, of course, you make/get made one and upload it to somewhere that will let you remotely link ((see above websites)).
After that, you come back to the board and it "Profile." Up in the top. By the PM, Log Out, FAQ and such. it should be on the bottom row, far left--or atleast it is for me.
Then go down to the place where you insert the signature info. last feild in "profile information" and right before "preferances."
Put the BBC code for the image there ((its usualy [img]INFO[/img] if I recall correctly. often its html code with []s instead of <>s)).
Make sure you conform to the rules!

And then your sig-banner will show up in your messages, horay! Or, atleast, it will show up in the first post you have per page, as with avatars.

...while we're on the subject of avatars, Ted, I am in love with your new av. Yay for Shining Force peebles ^^ (but, damnit, I forget her name)
and, Ced, I belive the feild for editing how big/little you want the avatar to be isn't avaible on this board. So you have to do it before linking instead of being able to change it in your profile

EDIT: okay, apparently the IMG in []s doesn't do anything. and you can't hit the buttons to generate code in the sig-box--also I can't disable it and expect the quote to show up as a quote--so just experiment and hit that "image" button when you're writing a post, remember/write down what code it generates and use that in the sig
Seakida

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh her name is Roundier Haia, wielder of the Peregrine Rune. And thanks for the help with the banner thing.
Cirape

0 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seakida wrote:
Oh her name is Roundier Haia, wielder of the Peregrine Rune. And thanks for the help with the banner thing.

No problem with the banner ^^

And, no, dear, its not.
I am well aware that Ted uses her image for Roundier Haia in TR, however its a picture of a character from Shining Force. One, I belive.
A-something...She rocks. She's a magey and you don't get her until late in the game *nods*
And...she's a fox girl, so she rocks even more (she's documented as a fox-girl somewhere...damn, I forget where. some Shining Force page, I belive).
Regaurdless, I'm still in love with that avatar *hugs it*

edit: I am an idiot and make typos. live with it
tekknopirate

0 Potch
92 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey everyone don't know if you know but don't use suikosource to get avatars. I did not knowing it was a big deal and got my head chewed off by them. I mean it was just a pic to me but the take it more serious than anyone I ever knew. I think they said something like I'm using bandwith from them or something. But it's ok I've found other sites I can get avatars from that's free and :lol: legit(I think).
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You can't really blame them in fairness. A website does cost to run, and they only have a limited amount of bandwidth to host their site on, and if you link a picture as an avatar, then it will constantly use up their bandwidth. It's pretty much stealing something they own.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You can get avatars from Suikosource, just don't link directly from their site. Photo Bucket offers free off-site image linking, so just save the picture you want for your avatar to your harddrive and upload it there, then link.

And as Fliktor said, directly linking like that to any site that doesn't expressly offer free off-site linking is the same thing as stealing. People pay money to keep websites up and they're allotted only a limited amount of bandwidth per month. If they go over that amount, the site is either closed for the rest of the month or the website owner is charged more, kinda like going over your minutes on a cell phone. It gets expensive if a lot of people do that.

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Direct linking off suikosource is STEALING bandwidth from them. Meaning, Suikosource has to pay more for you linking their pictures.

Yeah... Very inconsiderate and silly thing to do.

Thats also why free web sites like Geocities often give you an X sign when you direct link their pictures. You're wasting their money...
tekknopirate

0 Potch
92 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't know and did it not thinking much about. Till they bit my head off. I never knew what bandwith was...now I do..
Deleted User 1

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

this is a pretty decent site. they got a nice selection and if you;re into the Romance of 3 Kingdoms series, this site is even cooler.

http://kongming.net/avatars/
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quite taken by your "Against Me" avatar! Pints Of Guinness Make You Strong is a grand old song by them!

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sorry if this question is repeated a lot, but I can`t find it anywhere...what is the maximum avatar size again? I want to change my avatar, and I need to know how big the new one can be...

0 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Avatar size limit, as found in the profile control panel. This is the last sentance in a small pharagrah that is posted to the left of where your avatar is previewed and above the feild for submitting av URL.
Quote:
Only one image can be displayed at a time, its width can be no greater than 120 pixels, the height no greater than 120 pixels, and the file size no more than 6 KB.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: