Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Keystone Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tekknopirate

0 Potch
92 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 8:56 am    Post subject: Avatars Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is where this goes right? I hope so, well any ways this site should have a group of avatars for others to download and get. I don't know where to get avatars. Most sites have some already available for people to pick and choose from but I know this site is still new. So if the SARSadmin isn't going to do it or he is we can still post some you are(or aren't) going to use.
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nah, I cant do that you see. Mainly because of bandwidth constraints. If I started hosting avatars on my site, I will run out of money very fast. Feel free to donate money to me, though.
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Google's image search is a good enough resource for finding whatever image you may want to use as an avatar. The hardest part is finding a free image host, but even those can be found via Google.

35491 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://photobucket.com/

A good image host...

As for avatars... Making one isn't too hard....
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://www.hyperjump.net is also an excellent host. There's a 24 hour acceptance period, but I say it's worth it.
Galt

De Ruyter

1723195 Potch
0 Soldiers
50 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Another free image host: TinyPic.com
Sualtam Lugh

Grey of Macha

56109 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2004 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is kind of a weird one, but a lot of Blogs or web journals offer "avatar" support to....host a couple pictures to make your journal more personal.

I'm not suggesting, if you have one, that you host others, but mention it to the people that if they have an avatar that they want to use, it's a decent tool to use.

Just a suggestion though.
Hrestelan

44244 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2004 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm a bandwith thief of soulcalibur.com. Don't tell anyone, will you.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2004 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I found photobucket a great website to use as you can have multiple avatars and change them quickly to your hearts content.

P.S. My brother made me a damn bandwidth theif from Suikosource for a while :oops:; but I got that sorted! Phew! 8)

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Seakida

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2004 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

http://creativeuncut.com/artsuiko3a.html

It gives you good avatars from suikoden 2 and 3, but they are a little big.
Look at Tir if you need proof.
Seakida

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would like to make my own avatar but I don't have a site to put them on, SARSadmin could you make it so that we can put are own pictures on there instead of having to put a site up.

By the way, SARSadmin, you could always have it so that you can buy avatars with soldiers. (A little trick I learned when I was in sporkyou.)

Nevermind then. Sorry for my inconvenience.

Last edited by Seakida on Mon May 24, 2004 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cirape

0 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Seakida wrote:
I would like to make my own avatar but I don't have a site to put them on, SARSadmin could you make it so that we can put are own pictures on there instead of having to put a site up.

Ted already said "no" to that...Unless your prepared to pay him money for it to cover the bandwith costs, I'm fairly certain the answer is gonna stay "no."
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Also, I'd like to point you to the numerous, excellent image hosts that have already been mentioned. It takes much less time and is much more cost-effective than paying SARSadmin monthly.
Seakida

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I went to photobucket, and you can see my custom avatar, drew him my-self, he still needs color though, how do you like my artistic skill.
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Other than the fact that the upper-left part of his head seems to be completely flattened, it's okay. This isn't really the place to talk about it, though.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: