Suikoden United and Informational Kraalesque Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Battle write ups

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:46 am    Post subject: Battle write ups Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I asked this before the site error and I never got an answer about it. I spoke to some of the older members and quite a few expressed an interest in bringing the battle write ups back. Some of them expressed an interest in helping to write the battles. Would the administration be willing to grant us a seperate area to sort out affairs and write battle write ups that would be offered as a story version of the hard numbers of the battle system. The inclusion of write ups in a seperate area would cut out the delay that caused them to be abolished originally.

Any feedback from the administration would be greatly appreciated. No rush of course.

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Rainrir

Landsknecht

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I might be a little out of my league here but...How does Battle Write Ups work? I had been a Forum Lurker (watch out for my spikes) for years but I never understood who Battle Write Up works....because I haven't been really reading the RP section.

Does Battle write ups have to be neutral and the like? What does it exactly describe?
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Compare the two following links and the difference between a battle with a write up and a battle sans write up will be apparent.

http://www.suikox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5519
http://www.suikox.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7235
Rainrir

Landsknecht

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah I see....so the battle write ups are some kind of account that consist of made up events and comments that desribe HOW A beat B in a conflict? And the winner of the conflict was already decided BEFORE the write out is written.
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would prefer it if the separate battle reports were contained within each nation. I don't really see the need to have an official version available on the public forums. Hard numbers is all the info that you need.

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It slows down the battle reports too much to have write ups for the battles, but I know that's not what Scarlet is suggesting.

However, there's no need to have a group of people specifically set to write the reports up after the battles. You can do this easily enough in your own nation.

It's better the way it is as the all the battle reports are neutral and left for interpretations.

-closed-

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> Site Content Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: