Suikoden Ugly and Illusional Kosher Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Confidential Confessions (Manga)

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:47 pm    Post subject: Confidential Confessions (Manga) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hi, has anyone read this manga? I really liked this series (I've only read volume 1 and 2 so far though) since I like depressing things (I don't know why o.O).

For people that don't know what this is about, it shed light on societies real issues, like rape, suicide, sexual harrasment, prostitution, drugs etc.
Each book has it's own story and chracters. The first book has two parts, the first is about a girl who is depressed, that she has no friends and and people are mean to her. Her parents are divorced. Then she meets another girl, who is bullied severly, like they beat her up, and take her money (and other more questionable things) who is suicidal. This second girl gets to know the main character and they plan to do a double suicide... (I'll stop there, I don't want to ruin the story.)

The second part is about a child prostitude who was basicaly abused at home, and ran away. She finds someone who likes her for who she really is, but then almost loses it all...

I'm pretty sure you get the idea from that. I really like this manga, because these are interesting subjects, and as I said before I like how depressing it is (though my friends think I'm weird because of it...) and no other manga really gowes into detail on these subjects.

Please tell me your thoughts or comments on this manga or these subjects in general. (A civiliced conversation, please ^-^;; )
Celes Tilly

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I glanced it over but I didn't buy it. It's easy to be attracted to pain (something we can all relate to), but it was a bit too disturbing for me... and I think the art is ugly. Haha.
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have never even heard of a manga but it does sound intresting. :P
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sounds like some likd of cop-drama yipyap that would be on a TV show.

we all can't have fantasy though huh?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No, it's not a cop-drama, though I can tell where you are coming from, from the title.
Wing Saber

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

never heard of it. is it any good.
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I realyl like it, just read the 3rd volume, about drug abuse. The ending actually mad me cry a bit, I know, I'm such a wuss :mrgreen: (If you want me to tell you the e nding, ask :-p)
Baka

Fallen Gods

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2004 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have read until the fifth manga... man it's nice....

I think, the mangaka's purpose of making the manga is actually to educate people of the DARK side of the life/world :lol:
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: