Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Kosher Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The "Hello I am New" Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 242, 243, 244  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rakutei

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Dohohohoh, new guy in the Suiko-drought. Forums seem mostly dead. How sad.

Well, anyway:

1. How long you've been playin' Suikoden
I'm not sure when I started, I think perhaps 1998? I remember playing Suikoden I first, and naming Tir Ash, since Pokemon was so cool back then.

2. Which Suikodens you have played in the past
I've played Suikoden I, II, V and Tierkreis. I was sad that III never had a PAL release, but I have the manga for III. Missed out on buying IV when it was in shops, same goes for Tactics.

3. Your favorite character
Luc, even before finding out what happened in Suikoden III, I've just always had an affinity for Wind based magic, and he seemed capable enough to fully utilise it.

4. How you ended up here
I have a few game franchises that I cycle around in, and recently picked up Tierkreis. After finishing it, my insatiable lust for Suikoden began anew, and I replayed I, planning on replaying II and V again as well. I hope we get some info on VI or something soon. Too bad Tierkreis had such a weak ending. It really picked up near the middle.

5. What vegetable you are most like
I would say Tomato, but that's a fruit.

Anyway, so, with Tierkreis, right, I was so disappointed in the map system being mostly menu driven. It really destroyed the flow of collecting the 108 Stars of Destiny, and made it difficult to find then. I would have been much more content if the game field was like the Masinah Plains, Rarohenga, Citro Plains and the Desert of Janam for the world map, and like your Headquarters for towns. I would have been elated if the game used sprites, it would have made recognising characters a much easier task, and would have allowed beautifully detailed battle animations to occur.
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hi Rakutei. Welcome to Suikox! Unfortunately, the forums are really dead at the moment (though hopefully, this will change once the new planned forum game is finished), and most of its regular members are staying at another Suikoden forum. If you wish, you can join there as well. This is the link: http://www.tfg1.net/suiko/index.php

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Failure_Urn

[SPECTATOR]

672039 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hello Rakutei, and welcome! Zaleria's post pretty much sums it up, but I'm glad you joined anyway.

It's a bummer you have not had a chance to play III, that was my favorite game of them all but not everyone feels the same way about it. At least you got to play the first two epic ones, and V which is probably the most like the origionals. Besides Tekeris you have had a very pure suikoden experience haha.

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A hearty welcome from me as well, Rakutei.

The Fool
Rakutei

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks for the welcomes. I would have replied earlier, but my internet is capped. =(
Sludub_babe

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

welcome !!!!
Empyrean

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Figure I would eventually join this board. I've been too lazy however.

For those who don't know, I'm Sandalphon on Senso and the same name on Due Fiumi. Ironic that I joined this board last.
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What up, yo?
Empyrean

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: The "Hello I am New" Thread Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ahahaha, hello there! That is quite the epic welcoming.
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quite late, but hello.

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
SuikodenTHater

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:10 am    Post subject: Re: The "Hello I am New" Thread Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1.How Long have I been playing Suikoden

Picked up Suikoden 1 when I was about 15 so I have been enjoying the series for about 20 plus years I would say

2.Which Suikoden have I played in the past

All of them with the exception of Tiekreis :roll:

3. My favorite character

Its a toss up between Jowy and Nanami from Suiko 2

4.How did I end up here

I have been a lurker for about 9 or more years now of both this site and Suikodensource, I usually came to this site to check the reviews never registered through that was until the Tiekreis abomination came out and I decided to start posting.

What vegetable am I most like?

Humm well I guess I would have to say a onion , sweet and delicious but I am an acquired taste that some will never appreciate
ajibanda

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

1. How long you've been playin' Suikoden
since I am in high school, 4th year perhaps.. and now I am working for more than 2 years.. add them up.. that's more or less 8 years...

2. Which Suikodens you have played in the past
1 and 2.. Tierkries too.. I tried the card story but I can't understand Japanese... :p

3. Your favorite character
Shu.. I love the way he thinks.. i find it more smarter than Mathiu.. also Jowy.. come on, he has the best moments in suiko...

4. How you ended up here
originally I'm from suikosource but I'm inactive.. then someone invited me to senso suiko.. then I hop in here..

5. What vegetable you are most like
lettuce.. love the way it taste on my salad... :p
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hello there, aji. And though I can't say that I like Jowy as a whole, the whole 'do you want my carrots?' line greatly amused me.

Last edited by Zaleria on Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey, aji. Welcome to this place :-)

The Fool
ViktorFan

Shalimar

1825501 Potch
200 Soldiers
4195 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 8:46 am    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="ajibanda":2yjwzpsy]3. Your favorite character
Shu.. I love the way he thinks.. i find it more smarter than Mathiu..

Very good choice!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 242, 243, 244  Next
Page 243 of 244

Jump to: