Suikoden Uncouth and Illegal Kosher Original Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suggestion: Regional commanders
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

especially considering that response is rather way out there based on the discussion; we're talking about an online game/community, not real life...

Quote:

I dont really agree with you on that one, I say that because the way you say that you dont care about what happens to your nations people, I mean in Harmonia we have the class system witch is no better but we don think of them as expendable labour as you do. They are still people that thoughts, feelings, and emotions as well.

while that's all good and dandy, none of this is real, and yet he treats it as such...it's rather creepy, in a way.

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Horned Loa

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Alright, let me make a formal apology on behalf of Harmonia. HandsomeDevilND happens to be our newest member and I believe his statement was a reply to Random Guy's signature.

I'm unsure he is aware of the 'bump' issue and from the looks of things, it looks like this is his first time on the forums.

Quote:
I dont really agree with you on that one, I say that because the way you say that you dont care about what happens to your nations people, I mean in Harmonia we have the class system witch is no better but we don think of them as expendable labour as you do. They are still people that thoughts, feelings, and emotions as well.

As for the answer you were looking for.........Random doesn't really feel that way. Its just a signature and he used that sentence just for kicks. Its something to laugh at not take too seriously and as Sybillious mentioned above this is all just a game. It should not be taken too seriously. The Harmonian system was placed there so that the members could have more fun (and to fit into the character game wise).
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

HandsomeDevilND wrote:

Falena doesn't view it's people as expendable labor any more than Harmonia does. Falenians make decisions as a group, and all opinions are valued. But we do reward people based on their activity - those who contribute to Falena will wind up getting more posh bonuses than those who sit on their duffs and don't contribute.

(Though being that we are, I think, the only nations on the board to have slaves certainly puts us on a bit murkier ground on the "expendable labour" issue. RP-wise of course. But our make believe slaves get to wrestle lions, which makes them that much cooler. Lions. Think about it.)

On a mod note, as others have mentioned, it's Random Guy's signature, and is :

a) (in this case) A joke

b) something that displays on every one of his posts. As such, if you really want to talk to him about it, I suggest you PM him. He's not that likely to come back to read a comment on a 5 month old message - heck, if he's anything like me, he may have even forgotten he made it!

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Horned Loa

Guardians of the Merchant

96000 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
Falena doesn't view it's people as expendable labor any more than Harmonia does. Falenians make decisions as a group, and all opinions are valued. But we do reward people based on their activity - those who contribute to Falena will wind up getting more posh bonuses than those who sit on their duffs and don't contribute.

:shock: IN GAME Harmonian and IN GAME Falena!!! The nations on the forums are not like their Suikoden counterparts. Both nations on suikox make their decisions in collaboration with their members. Lets not confuse the two now! :wink:

We in Harmonia also reward those that contribute more though. We also have slaves and militia which we treat badly for RP purposes too haha. Well we make them scrub our armor with a toothbrush and such. :mrgreen:
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't even realise what he was going on about until somebody mentioned it was Randomguy's signature!

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well now we have one very confused and probably very embarassed newbie. It really is a simple mistake if you didn't realize the signature was a signature... though it -is- a bit odd of a comment to take seriously. *shrugs* No real need to drum this further into the ground, though, is there? It's an old topic; perhaps we should let it die with some dignity left to it? :)
Glen Cott

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just to prove that my signiture is a joke:

Here's where I got it
Beecham

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nice. I'm so yoinking that image.

I see, however, you've changed your sig. Good way to take care of the problem once and for all ^_^
Glen Cott

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah the signiture change has got nothing to do with this situation unfortunately.

:P
HandsomeDevilND

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sadly I had no idea that it was 5 months ago.. lol.. Im still pritty new to this, but I now know that it was 5 months ago.

Wind In The Grass

33221 Potch
75 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

No worries, no harm done. Just a bit of confusion all around that's been cleared up. Not something several of us haven't already done ourselves, either.
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Although this may be an old point, I have a question. Is there any particular reason that fort's aren't listed on the battle map? And, do they have any effect on the battle? This was a topic originally for editing the battle map, region commanders in particular, so I thought this would be the place to mention it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Because I don't feel like drawing them on the map.

And it has an effect on the battle. It reduces the damage your soldiers take if you decide to get fortified.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: