Suikoden Ugly and Informational Kosher Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suggestion: Regional commanders
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:10 am    Post subject: Suggestion: Regional commanders Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In Highland, we`ve been assigning "commanders" to each of our territories. Anyone who wants a territory can claim it and make up a title, such as "The Black Wolf of Kyaro". I don`t know about the other nations, but I think Tinto at least has been doing this as well.

Wouldn`t it be nice if every nation appointed regional commanders and posted the titles here and/or submitted them to one of the admins? They could then be integrated into the battle map, so that you could see the commander`s name and title when you hover your mouse cursor over a territory, in addition to the territory`s name.

I can see that this would invovle some work for the admins, but I think it`d be a great project for the nations and would definitely liven up the battle map.

Any thoughts?

Last edited by Gwendal on Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thought: You guys must be an extremely active nation, eh? Sounds like quite an interesting idea - even as an unofficial offshoot of the entire battle system. :)

But would that mean that the general appointed would always be stationed within the vicinity of that territory or would he/she be able to move from location to location if battle called?

11326166 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Modifying the battle map wouldn't be realistic, mainly beacuse such designation is merely decorational, and because people come and go. Modyfying the map every time these changes are made would be difficult.
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is a nice way to get into the game, but it's way too time consuming to actually make it official. It's best to leave it as an optional thing. Although I do think that Stone Tablet is pretty nifty.

BTW, you all have better nicknames than I do. I should see our generals about this, heh.

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just remember the Highland Kingdom is always on the lookout for trustworthy responsible members! :wink:

Ghosts of Gor

2000 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The nickname thing for the Generals would be cool. It would be nice to have a title to show that we are Generals, but if not, the signature box will suffice.

Moody Mage: Luff the avatar.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

TheAngelicSin wrote:
Thought: You guys must be an extremely active nation, eh? Sounds like quite an interesting idea - even as an unofficial offshoot of the entire battle system. :)

But would that mean that the general appointed would always be stationed within the vicinity of that territory or would he/she be able to move from location to location if battle called?

Thanks...it`s certainly a nice nation. I have to nothing to compare it to, though, since I haven`t been in any of the others. :)

Anyway, you`d be commander of one specific region and that region only. It doesn`t affect the actual battles at all, it`s just for fun.

SARSAdmin wrote:
Modifying the battle map wouldn't be realistic, mainly beacuse such designation is merely decorational, and because people come and go. Modyfying the map every time these changes are made would be difficult.

Hmm...that`s a point. But the regional commanders would have to be regular and reliable members. Or you could just update the map at fixed intervals...every 3 months or so.

Still, we could all come up with titles and at least post them to this thread, right?

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Posting them into this thread isn't much of a help. Probably just sticking to the signature is the most concise way of doing it. It kind of makes sense....as of now you can see people's regiments, countries, soldiers, and in some cases national banners on each of their posts, in that way everyone's 'information center' is right in their every post. The special title/home base may as well just be there.

Plus, putting it in everybody's title would kind of cheapen the honor of being a Royal Guard, wouldn't it? Not to mention I like keeping track of what each # of posts-based title is for each nation :)
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I personally think that a custom title would be pretty gnarly
Synchysi

Creatures Once Godlike

11782640 Potch
18161 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Custom titles likely won't happen either. People can put their title or whatever in their sigs, but regular user titles will stay as they are. It'd be too much work to comply with every request for a title change whenever an area commander is designated or replaced.

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Moody Mage: Luff the avatar.

Thanks, I went for the 'cutsie' look. :wink: I put it on as for a bit of a laugh and have become quite fond of it already...

Quote:

I personally think that a custom title would be pretty gnarly

A custom title would indeed be 'pretty gnarly' my friend. and can be yours for the modest cost of 3000 soldiers. See here for details. The only other way to receive a custom title is to become either a nation leader or a Royal Guard unit (of which there is only one of in each nation).

[EDIT] P.S. Synchysi, where is your avatar from? I can't quite seem to make out what it is... but I think I recognise it from somewhere..... :roll:

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It the "Wages of Sin" album cover, which IMO rocks.
HandsomeDevilND

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I dont really agree with you on that one, I say that because the way you say that you dont care about what happens to your nations people, I mean in Harmonia we have the class system witch is no better but we don think of them as expendable labour as you do. They are still people that thoughts, feelings, and emotions as well.

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

HandsomeDevilND, you do realize that the last message was on September 2004 (which is about 5 months ago), right?

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Vextor

11326166 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Probably not.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: