Suikoden Ugly and Illegal Kibbutz Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What game do you hate the most?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1124503 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I love Zelda: Ocarina of Time but I agree that it can be maddening at times, with the Water Temple being the prime candidate. I remember two of the most frustrating parts of the game involved the fishing mini-game and capturing the Big Poes.

For the fishing bit, it wasn't so much the game itself but the AI of the fish. I would be after getting a 20+ pounder and I could see the bloody fish lurking near the line, and while I'm anticipating it to actually take the lure, it swims off and I'm practically screaming "What's your ******* problem?!" They say patience is a virtue, and though my patience was wearing thin with that fish, I eventually caught it and was on my way to getting all the heart containers.

Now, the Big Poes... it was Epona. There's nothing like having your bow ready and a Big Poe appears dead in your sights, when Epona decides to move her head in the way at the exact instant you shoot. Then the Big Poe does it's little laugh and disappears. There were numerous times where I got off Epona and just slashed at her with the sword, wishing that you could actually do some damage. (Don't even get me started on the nagging if you're riding her and you try to gallop over a tree root at such an angle. :wink: )

Zelda games seem to be notorious for frustrating moments, and Majora's Mask wasn't any exception. Strangely, all of the uber frustrating moments I can recall dealt with Goron Link. That seven second switch in the Stone Temple (which I miraculously cleared when I briefly lost control of the character) and getting the heart container in the Goron dungeon on the moon. Man, it took forever to get that one.

I love the games despite those points of frustration, though I balk at going through again and dealing with those events. (particularly the Goron Link ones)

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Rincewind

Architect of the Pass - Phoenix Regiment

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Most annoying game right now in my collection would have to be Dragon Warrior VII. Leveling takes forever in the game and it hardly helps when it comes to boss battles. It is insanely hard and random to find the map pieces you need, and often enough the story won't lead you where you need to go, so you just need to go everywhere to find the damn map pieces inorder to progress story line, or find a random villager in the multitude of towns that will have the one sentence that tells you where you need to go.
Blackjack

78881 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, Jobs are way more important than levels in DWVII. I have, if you're interested, a very...Detailed, specific, comprehensive job path for each character. ^_^;

Also, there's a fortune teller in the mech base in the present that gives you hints as to where the shards are.

Topic? Another game I dislike is Legend of Dragoon. Crap story, crap characters, crap music...The battle system is the only thing that kept me sane while I was playing it. Such pretty spear attacks...

YES. YES IT CAN.

"Life is not a having and a getting, but a being and a becoming." -- Myrna Loy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Filipe

The Executors of Harmonian Order

35712 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmmm yeah I always found Majora's mask to be incredibly annoying and frustrating at times and I have no idea whatsoever how I managed to make myself finish that game. I suppose I can truly be exceptionally patient when I want to be but as such I can get really really annoyed quite easily at the drop of a hat sometimes as well. I guess it is a bit of a trade off at times considering that even the most patient of people have their moments when they just cant hold back the frustration and anger anymore. Though it is merely a cartoon and nothing more a good example of this was made through Ned Flanders on the Simpsons. Though his was more of a psychological disorder so to speak he had pent up and and frustration waiting to come out and eventually it did in a explosion so to speak. Thats just a cartoon though and no one truly takes that even the remotest bit seriously do they? Anyways back to the topic at hand.

There is one game that I cannot help but hate with the utmost passion, wait let me rephrase that to say series of games that I cannot stand in the slightest. Pokemon is a series of games that simply drive me up the wall with their tedious nature, incredibly annoying music and a battle system that just irks me to no end. Do you have any idea how annoying it is to be walking along to whatever destination you are going to leveling up your pokemon when you learn your mule is out of attacks? What I mean by mule is my most powerful pokemon that is sent in place of the weaker one to kill off said enemy and share the experience with the other. Yes I have played the games a few times and I dont know how I managed mind you but I did. I just cant play them anymore and I wont simple as that it has finally gotten to me and I officially hate that series of games. Thank you and goodnight.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I remember when I actually liked the pokemon games... when it first came out in the world I imported it... played it and was a little confused... language was different lol then I downloaded gold and silver a few weeks later... found that it was alright... but this was back in the days lol... I remember kicking the crap out of every challenger lol...

JNX out
Sierra Mikain

Blue Moon

19500 Potch
0 Soldiers
666 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Final Fantasy X. This game is the most overrated piece of crap that has ever been spun on my playstation disc tray. And after I got done playing it, I burned my playstation and shot the game box with the disc inside and buried it in the ground under the lake behind my apartment.

Character Development:

Tidus - well let's start with the worst final fantasy character ever ok? Yep, it's the whiney little idiot that doesn't seem to grasp anything about anyone. Even his attack animation is just stupid. I never used Tidus unless it was absolutely necessary. It's always tough to see the character you want every main character to be.. Squall, Ramza, etc. and then you get Tidus in the newer games. Give me a break.

Kamarhi - Stinking in line behind Tidus, is the Ronso runt Kamarhi. If I had to hear those two Ronso's mocking him again, I was going to jump off that ledge that SquareEnix has had me on since they merged.

Yuna - Behind the two idots, is the clueless Yuna. You think that she's wise up to what is going on around her, especially since all the things they refer to as holy are actually quite evil. It only takes the death of Tidus to change things for her. Well duh Yuna. It's kinda late now. You are drawn beautifully, too bad they don't make your mind beautiful too.

Wakka - Well Wakka was actually not as bad as most people make him out to be. He was Zell, with voice acting that was actually pretty good. He still had that annoying thing going for him. Oh, and I love racist characters... no, not really.

Auron - You mean this whole time you were dead? That's not even remotely interesting. In fact, that's one of the things that ruined the whole game. That wasn't shock value, that was just moronic.

Let's see.. the story was about the conflict between what is reality and what the holy authority is leading the people to believe, the conflict between a boy and his father, etc. That sounds a lot like FFT, but with way too much imagination. They had a good story base, but they blew it up until it was just rediculous.

And let's not forget the dumbest final boss in the history of RPG's. Sin is the biggest nothing I've ever seen, literally and figuritively.

From the rediculous story, to the poor development of the only characters that aren't annoying or stupid, to the biggest rip off on Jabba the Hut I've ever seen, this game just re-writes the defintion of crap. (By the way, Rikku and Lulu were actually characters that deserved a lot more of the story in their court and got very little. Although if they did get more, they probably would've been ruined.)

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

UberYuber wrote:
From the rediculous story, to the poor development of the only characters that aren't annoying or stupid, to the biggest rip off on Jabba the Hut I've ever seen, this game just re-writes the defintion of crap.

The biggest rip-off of Jabba the Hut? Who's that? The only one i can think of was Norgue in FFVIII. Norgue was interesting, but he didn't have long to live for some reason. Are you talking about the regular blobs you fight?

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rincewind

Architect of the Pass - Phoenix Regiment

1500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Blackjack wrote:
Well, Jobs are way more important than levels in DWVII. I have, if you're interested, a very...Detailed, specific, comprehensive job path for each character. ^_^;

Also, there's a fortune teller in the mech base in the present that gives you hints as to where the shards are.

Topic? Another game I dislike is Legend of Dragoon. Crap story, crap characters, crap music...The battle system is the only thing that kept me sane while I was playing it. Such pretty spear attacks...

Yeah, that job thing would probably really helpful. I have long given up on it for now.

I loved Legend of Dragoon. The story wasn't the best. Voice acting was better then some games. The fighting was very fun.
Ranadiel

The Squirrel Mob

68112 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

Another game I dislike is Legend of Dragoon

Wow you disliked it? I really enjoyed that game, but I suppose we just have different tastes.

Moving on to topic, the game that I hate the most was Dragon Warrior 3. I wasn't even able to finish this game. The game repeats the exact same thing over and over and over. The storyline wasn't too outstanding and then your party is unable to make the game interesting because they all had no personality since they were just stock characters. This game is just ridiculously boring.

Titles: Harmonian Tenki Star, Harmonian Jousting Champion
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: