Suikoden Unique and Irrational Karma Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

What game do you hate the most?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 11:09 pm    Post subject: What game do you hate the most? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hello everyone Croix here with another great question for ya,
What game do ya hate the most?
the game's I hate the most are..

5-Animal crossing(sure it had interesting and heck it was addictive too but it was just too "kiddie"

4-FinalFantasyTactics Advance(Another example of a popular franchise dumbed down for kids)

3-Kingdom Hearts(Final Fantasy characters+Disney=STUPID game pathetic team A.I. I mean come on ol' Donald was just standing there getting beat up by a midget)

2-Thousand arms(Only reason I hate it is because I suck at it)

"1"-Silent Hill series(Me no like series it scares me to where I am constantly having nightmares :cry: )
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Man Final Fantasy Tactics Advanced takes the cake for crapiest game ever. You have to force yourself to keep playing it just so you can finish it. I mean there are games where you say alright this isn't that great, but you still want to see what happens in hopes it will get better. FFTA was just all around horrible and you didn't even care one way or another about anything in the game.

I know that it wasn't suppose to be a remake of the PSX's Final Fantasy Tactics but still it was such a let down. You would think that even a brush off of a game as great as FFT would be somewhat enjoyable. The game, like Croix said, was just way to kiddy.

Man I can't believe I just went on a tarade by just hearing about FFTA.
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

King's Field for the PS1. Man did this game suck!
I don't know if anyone else has even heard of THIS one.

It was a sorry attempt at a first person adventure game in which you must search for King Arthur's sword, Excaliber, on a mysterious unknown, crappily-animated and rendered Island filled with monsters and retarded towns folk that the game designers were too lazy to even finish the faces on! It went on an experience based system in which if you weren't at a high enough level, you couldn't handle the more powerful weapons and armor which you needed to equip to continue into the game.

The game continues its disgust by as you start the game you are on a small chunk of land surrounded by water in which there is a small path of shallows that you have to strain to see and if you try going anywhere else you instantly die and it's already a game over and even after you've managed to pass that you are confronted with the problem that the only hint to your quest is 'find the sword' and as you enter the first cave you are attacked by monsters that are ten levels higher then you already in which you die if they hit you once or twice. Now for a good gamer, this really isn't a problem accept for the fact that you get so over run by them if you don't find the way to the next floor that you might as well start at last save.

OK, I may not be that good of a gamer compared to alot of others, but I sure am a exceadingly stubborn one because although this game is so awful, I was challenged to beat every game I had in my possession no matter what kind and after a grueling and horrible few months( can't remember how long) I did beat the game, and guess what, the ending was bad, too! :evil:

Sorry, I can rant forever on how I despise this game so I'll try summing up the rest: I wouldn't recommend this game to even my worst enemy and if any of you out there happen to have a copy of this game in the future, PLEASE burn it and send it back to where it came from for the good of all gamers everywhere!

That be all.
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: What game do you hate the most? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Croix wrote:

3-Kingdom Hearts(Final Fantasy characters+Disney=STUPID game pathetic team A.I. I mean come on ol' Donald was just standing there getting beat up by a midget)

Thank you! :D
I`ve never understood why so many people like this game so much...would have been much better with original characers. Not horrible, but not that good either(all IMHO, of course).

Anyway...oh yes, the topic. Hmm...hard to say. I had a game called Wizardry, Tales of the Forsaken Land or something, which was pretty lame.

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kingdom Hearts as a storyline without Final Fantasy or Disney characters? ;) Now THAT would be an idea! And without the disneyesque music, too! I mean, nothing wrong with Disney's music or anything... just wrong track selections for the game. (Oh GOD to Tarzan's forest!)

The games I'd say I hate are:

DRAGON VALOR (PSX)
DINOSAURS FOR HIRE (Sega Genesis)

These two games have something in common - I bought them both on whims. And that continues into them both being really bad games for me. Arr. Then again some random picks were great - like Suikoden for example. :)

Dragon Valor was just a pretty bad game. It sounded like it would be pretty cool but it turned out to be quite boring and annoying. It had "multiple" endings supposedly and I liked the idea of changing storylines and dragons. So I got it and it played out so much like the Ehregeiz RPG/dungeon that it wasn't funny. I eventually got sick of it by the time I reached a double-headed dragon that I couldn't kill (and I wasn't going to waste energy looking up that information either >P)

Dinosaurs for Hire just wasn't my kind of game. You controlled a dinosaur - usually with a machine gun or always with one, I don't remember which. And you'd go with your machine gun and a bunch of random guys/things would come and try to attack you from different sides of the screen (making it feel like people were crawling all over the city to try and exterminate you). What really annoyed me about the game was the fact that there wasn't any way to save or anything - not even passwords or something to enter whatever stage you'd gotten to a-la-Ecco the Dolphin. I watched my cousin play through so much of the game and he just gave up after a while, too. So it wasn't worth it in my opinion. :| Too bad I didn't sell it back when I got it. Maybe I could've gotten a decent $10 in return for it... but now it seems unlikely if I'd even get someone to pay $5 for it.

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, let's give it a shot.

Xenogears - Overrated. Inconsistent quality of gameplay that became almost inexistant towards the end destroyted any good first impression I had about the underlying plot. I could just go and get a text adventure and felt more worthwhile than playing this piece of...

Chrono Trigger - Mediocrity at best. Good plot setup, bad execution. Time travelling at the expense of the size of the world? Bye. Definitely not woth it. The characterisations were good though, albeit somewhat heavily stereotyped cast.

Eternal Eyes - Worst tactical RPG that I have ever played. Too easy too soon. I just couldn't care for the story when you can beat every other map without hardly thinking. I'm not looking for something hard and annoying as Hoshigami: Ruining Blue Earth (which I also hate), but something like Fire Emblem would have been more graceful in presentation.

Shining Force III - For the lack of the proper localisation that it deserved. Boo.

Both Suikogaidens - I hate text adventure games. I'm better off reading a novel if I want a story, or manga/anime for pretty pictures.
Celes Tilly

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Saga Frontier 2. Good god, I hated that POS. It just pissed me off... it was so dull and the STOOPID.

Final Fantasy 9. Stupid characters, stupid plot, STUPID events... did I mention stupid characters? All of them sucked, except maybe the guy who didn't (Amarant?), and only because he didn't prattle on about dumb crap.

Final Fantasy 10. Stupid. Stuuuuuuupid.

Legend of Dragoon. Dull, forgettable... lame, too. Yeah. It sucked.
Darkmagus

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you read my most recent topic you'll know what I'm about to say.... Beyond the Beyond!

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Celes Tilly wrote:
Saga Frontier 2. Good god, I hated that POS. It just pissed me off... it was so dull and the STOOPID.

How dare you insult King Gustav XIII!
Arevus

The Reborn

314452 Potch
100 Soldiers
44 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Chrono Trigger was an amazing game, imo of course. Worst games ever? Have to be Kartia, Final Fantasy 8-10, and Runescape. Runescape is the worst by the way.

Sup?
hotspot

Dawlight

147042 Potch
53 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

sentinal returns and gubble they are pathetic and boring and not worthy of my time
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There is one game that is worse than the rest, and that game is none other than......Tetris. That game was so frustrating. I played continuously trying to get better, and then one mistake, one freaking mistake, and I lose. I have no idea why people like it so much. Nor do I know how it can be in the least bit fun. All that you do is move block, turn block, and repeat. That is what I think the worst game is.

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Celes Tilly, Pretty much everything about the Saga Frontier series sucks BIG TIME(not enough to get on my chart of terrible games of course) in the orginial they never ever even dropped a hint about what to do next storywise and and one more thing that I hated about it there were to many characters to finish the game with TG I rented it.

Saga Frontier 2-Alright game it just wasm't deep enough for me to get into it except for this one I wasted 20$ on it. :cry:
Shrew

The All-Star Rock n' Breakdance Electronic Band from Shenzhen

237023 Potch
110 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I give the Saga games credit for experimenting. Unfortunately for every really cool thing they have there are ten incredibly annoying things that make you want to rape and pillage villages. It makes them practically unplayable. Actually, my copy of Saga Frontier is unplayabe because of scratches...

Anyway, the true evilestestest game ever? Last Action Hero for the SNES. Oh Jesus how I hated that game. Aunts should not blindly buy random games for nephews.

I usually tend not to invest in really annoying games, but Grandia Xtreme and FFX-2 are exceptions. Ergh... can't beat either...

Fear our Vagueness.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Celes Tilly

Buttery Lungs

290293 Potch
666 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lebenengel wrote:
How dare you insult King Gustav XIII!

Yes, I do dare... bwaaahahahahahaa!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: