Suikoden Unique and Irenic Karma Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Regiment/Nation Display
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vextor

11328371 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:50 pm    Post subject: Regiment/Nation Display Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Due to a strong desire by nation leaders to have this feature implemented, each member will now have their regiment type and nation displayed on each of their posts under their name and avatar.

This will facilitate the whole war system by cutting down on time wasted on inveatigating who has what (even within your nation).
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You guys can't imagine how much easier choosing battleplans will be.

Thanks, SARS. This'll really help out all of us leaders.
Vextor

11328371 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thanks to iscalio for finding a MOD that actualy does the job.
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well that just cut back on all the time wondering who belongs where and under what regiment. ;P For about two weeks I kept thinking the whole "Imperial Army Soldier," etc actually held something about regiment type, too. Haaa... Well, this'll make things easier.

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Excellent, thank you. That'll come in handy I'm sure.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1129479 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I guess I'll get used to it in time, but I always thought having such information not so easily accessible was good for the war system, since you would have to do a fair bit of research. Although, once you found out the necessary info, you could just input all the data into a spreadsheet and have it at your disposal for future reference. But never mind that, I'm sure this new addition will be beneficial for both offensive and defensive planning.

It'll also clear up any confusion as to which nation a member belongs to if you're not familiar with the titles associated with each nation.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not sure why everyone seems to be so happy. I mean, yes it's easier to know which unit/nation a member is by looking at the post of that member. But if you click on the unit type or the nation, it's still showing the exactly same information as if you click Usergroups option above and choose which group you want to see that we already have since the beginning (meaning that clicking "Magicians" on Elc's post would show all archers and not just Queendom of Falena's magicians). Not too much difference at all IMO, it's just a shortcut than clicking Usergroup->group.

What would make things way easier to do is to be able to have a look at the nation group, then automatically showing the unit type and the amount of soldiers of the members (rather than the normal "email" or "location"). Now that would make things easier, probably even too easy.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Schala-Kid

Sol Incorruptible

68845 Potch
100 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

it doesn't take that long. compared to how it was before, it takes very little time, it's a step in the right direction, and well, it's still up to everyone to count soldiers and the type of members and so on, which means it's up to each individual nation to compile their own data, on themselves, or their opponent. anything extra i think would make it too easy.

right now, you click your nation, then individually on members, and find out their type and soldiers, and that's fair enough - the number of members in each region still don't go over 100, so no need to stress yet about the break down of regiment. i think keeping the soldiers and regiment type on profile is "off putting" to people who are planning to scout you as an opponent, so, i don't think it should be on the member list page of a nation.
iscalio

1681589 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bugg wrote:
Not too much difference at all IMO, it's just a shortcut than clicking Usergroup->group.

No, it's more than that; you don't get the point.
Before, if I wanted to find out the regiment type of a new member in my nation, I had to open all of the unit type user group pages one after another in search of his name. Now, I just have to click on his name and his profile will tell me what he is.
If you have to browse the user groups for names numerous times it does become tedious.
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Schala-Kid wrote:
the number of members in each region still don't go over 100, so no need to stress yet about the break down of regiment.

And even if the members of a region went up over 100 it seems there are quite a number of inactive accounts anyway - so it wouldn't matter. ;P I know there are quite a few inactive members in the nation I belong to - and in a few others if not each at that.

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

iscalio wrote:
No, it's more than that; you don't get the point.
Before, if I wanted to find out the regiment type of a new member in my nation, I had to open all of the unit type user group pages one after another in search of his name. Now, I just have to click on his name and his profile will tell me what he is.
If you have to browse the user groups for names numerous times it does become tedious.

Ah, my apologies.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Glen Cott

Yellow Knights of the Dukedom

8112 Potch
1 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

IMO it's a double edged sword.
It makes it easier to find out information about your own nation and other nations, but it also makes it easier for the opposition to find out about your own nation.

I liked it the old way, because I'm an insomniac with nothing better to do than scout opponents :) .
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It doesn't really matter, since the information was there before. So, if we were determined (and most of us were, let me tell you), we would just scan through it all very slowly.
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Like Lebenengel said, it's not like a big secret has been revealed, you could find out the info quite simply for a certain member quite simply. The only trouble being was if you needed to find the info for say and entire nation, then it becomes faily tedious.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

it's a huge time saver; that way, you can quickly get the info you need for battle plans, as opposed to clicking on usergroups endlessly, then on profiles. that is a huge annoyance for those who don't like wasting time on double searches, or don't have a great amount of time to spare overall.

as for scouting, that can be done if necessary, but realistically, it doesn't give any real advantage, making the whole process pointless.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: