Suikoden Ugly and Inspirational Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Final Fantasy Tactics
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Valec wrote:
Falcon Critical, Cloud is not as bad as you say. I leveled him to 99 and gave him the following:

A-Ability [Limit]
A-Ability [Item]
R-Ability [Auto Potion] Learned in Chemist class
S-Ability [Short Charge] Learned in Time Mage class
M-Ability [Move +, Jump +, Fly, Teleport] Any works, really.

With these on him, simply use Finish Touch then Omnislash or Cherry Blossom if the enemy wasn't immediately blown away. All you have to do is have your inventory filled with x-potion and no other type of potion. This way, it takes quite a bit to wipe him out.

Main strategy:

Wait around midfield for enemies to come within range. Once in range, target a limit technique on your enemy and move out of their movement range.

Weak against: Long range characters. He'll tear apart any close range attackers, though...

I agree in a way, I mean yes he's pretty strong if you can get his techs to work, I cant say I ever tried using short charge though, even at lvl 99 his cherry blossom attack took forever to cast and did average damage compared to Orlandu and Agrias.

If you want your team to be fully unkillable, the way I approach most battles is this:

Team:
Orlandu
Agrias
Reis
Ramza
Mustadio
( it was only 5 right? its been a while and I've been playing disgaea since )

EVERYONE should have 'Blade Grasp' defensive skill, maybe one with auto potion. This gives a 70% at worst chance to stop any physical attack, using this skill you can catch bullets and anything. Agrias with a good sheild has 05% chance of being hit from the front and 15% from behind.

Anyhow, with Chantage on Reis and Agrias you have nothing to fear so just charge them right into the fray. I always have "teleport" on Reis because her move is pretty sucky. Both of these two are basically unkillable with Blade Grasp and they kill almost always in one hit.

If you're worried about characters dying all you need to do then is get Mustadio to a high place where he's well out of the way and start sniping, his damage is sucky but you can keep enemies from getting anywhere near him. If they do charge Mustadio you have Orlandu and Ramza to take them down en route, but basically this strategy is flawless. Agrias and Reis will deal to anything they get close too, and should draw all attacks. With chantage even if they die they just come back to life every time they die. Its not like an angel ring, chantage is a perminent auto resurrect.

This is largely cheap though, and wont help against some bosses ( like the last boss who is pretty close to you from the get go ). When I took on whatever his name was with Zodiac at the bottom of the deep dungeon, I played defensively with everyone hanging back except Reis who teleported her way up to the boss and beat him 1v1. The only problem with this strategy is Byblos who tends to get in the way and go attack the boss. Mustadio sorts him out with some 'Leg Aims' though. Basically Reis took a zodiac hit with her crazy high HP and learned it first attack, then just 'breath' -> 'die' -> 'breath' -> 'die'.

The one thing I never bothered doing in this game was the lvl down as weak class then level up as strong class idea. You dont need mobs to do this, there are a couple of level down traps around the world that dont move so you can just step in them again and again.

You say Beowulf's drain was strong? Does it do 999 damage guaranteed every turn over a long range for no MP cost? Orlandu was just insanely powerful.

Maniacs with Hammers

1947 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't like Orlandu that much... He sucked out all of the the fun by making everything far too easy to defeat. I do know, however, that against the final boss, Beowulf's Drain Sword does a lot of damage at any level. I don't quite remember if there was a damge limit, but if there was, he hit it. But seriously, Falcon Critical, try out Cloud with short charge. It cuts the charge time roughly in half and makes Cloud far more enjoyable to use. I have to say that I only use Blade Grasp with my 'tank characters'. Cloud stays just out of melee range when I use him, so my worst problem is magic. Sure, blade grasp stops bullets and such, but Auto X-Potion can normally heal the damage dealt by those means. I can't say I know everything in the game as of yet, because I have yet to get a single person to master each and every job class Final Fantasy Tactics has to offer. I'm currently playing Suikoden through again so I can play Suikoden V to it's fullest. As soon as I do finish it, though you can count on me jumping back into Tactics to master it. =D
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey, one way to play FFT is to discharge Orlandu from your party. I did it in my third or so playthrough. I remember during that playthrough rejecting every major NPC and using only original characters. The only one I kept in my party for any amount of time was Worker 8 in order to get the super special shield (since you need Worker 8 to hop on top of).

It's a fun way to add a bit of challenge to the game. Do that, and also don't do the super cheap potion/yell trick. I think a neat challenge would be an FFT speedrun. I'm wondering if anyone would be willing to try this out, because I think speedruns are ultimately more impressive than trying to build up the most powerful team and strategy ever.
Valec

Maniacs with Hammers

1947 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've done the Ramza only challenge before. The hardest part is that battle in Gariland against all the squires and that chemist. You have to hit every single move just right and get lucky in a few spots. It took me nearly 100 times to finally pull it off. Easy sailing from there, though.
Timbo

The Wandering Prophets

410837 Potch
300 Soldiers
835 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Orlandu is strong, but the strongest thing in the game is a black mage with calculator for it's secondary skill. Being able to to hit multiple enemies with flare, for no MP, from unlimited range and not having to move you so will gain your next turn faster is way too powerful. Not to mention you can do the same with curing, positive status boosts and ressurecting.
Valec

Maniacs with Hammers

1947 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I found the calculator fun to play with... Give him auto haste and keep him out of range and all die. I'm getting an itch to play tactics again now...
Zeik Tuvai

Aura of the Wolf

12319 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never use more then three units tops, Ramza and two generics. My favorite generic is a Thief setup like this:

>Steal
>Draw Out
>Hamedo
>Equip Knife
>Move +3

97 Brave and about 7 Faith...

Because Reaction Skills use Brave as a direct source for their success, Hamedo happens about 97% of the time... I kinda get to avoid a physical attack as well as smack an opponent most of the time. As for the Faith, I hate spell casting, and hate getting hit with spells even more, so I like to their hit rate and damage down to a minimum...

Draw Out works wonders for healing an area of folks around you, and it can do some massive damage if you just run into a crowd of enemies and nuke'm.

I've done both speed through and Ramza only challanges... As well as a Ramza only speed challange. I really like being able to just pummel my enemies, maybe even play with them awhile before finishing them off. My ultimate goal is to play with Velius like I play with random encounter generics and monsters... Brutally.
Cowardice cannot survive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Agreed, a Black Mage Calculator can clear entire maps in one turn. Orlandu is the obvious powerful character, but the calculator is the real powerhouse of the game. So much so that I disallow myself from using that character when I play (along with the NPC's like Orlandu and Agrias).

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
Zeik Tuvai

Aura of the Wolf

12319 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Non-generic characters are just boring. Way too much power in them... I'll actually use Rafa for her Truth skill from time to time, though. I love it! It may be random, but it's a load of fun. Ramza and Rafa are probably the only two non-generics I use. Like I said, my main team is Ramza and two generics. If it's a random battle, I won't even use Ramza, and just let the two generics tear through whatever.

I've never used calculators... They're always too boring for me, but most definately powerful, and definately not something I'd mess with if it were on par with one of my own characters...

I do keep all the non-generics, though... I rarely USE them, but I keep them. I strip'm of their gear and either use it for other characters or as selling fodder.
Cowardice cannot survive.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zephon

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I used to use a Red chocobo in all my battles near the end it could 1-2hit most enemy's with it's meteor attack, for the rest I used a knight, a lancer, Ramza as a dark knight and a summoner

zephon
Hawk Thanatos

Radical Dreamers

167582 Potch
43 Soldiers
1337 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

At the moment I have Ramza with:

Guts - Some really useful skills and a good alround class for Ramza.
Draw Out - Holy shite this is useful, great offense and healing.
Auto Potion - Invincibility basically.
Two Swords - Just because I like characters to use two swords.
Teleport - A bit erratic, I might swap to Move+3.

And two generics with:

Steal/Talk
Punch Art - Chakra anyone?
Blade Grasp
Two Swords
Move+3

Black Magic
Summon Magic - Leviathan FTW!
Weapon Guard
Short Charge
Move+2

For the rest of my party I usually use either Agrias, Beowulf, or a Elemental and Battle Skill generic. I just got Reis and Worker 8 recently so I need to try them out too. Oh and I'll definitley be using Cloud when I get him.
Valec

Maniacs with Hammers

1947 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Cloud is extremely good. My only regret is that you have to have the materia blade to use limit. I think the scale was materia blade = diamond sword.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favourite job class was easily the Samurai, the Draw Out ability allows you to use a sword for practically every scenario. Need haste with regen? Draw from the Masamune. Need attack? Draw the Chirijraden. Need health? Draw the Murasame. The great things about these normal attacks is that they distinguish friend from foe, so you won't accidently put an enemy in haste (which is very annoying) or regen. The katanas can be broken in the drawing, but it's unlikely this will happen and if you use the weapon duplication trick than you never need to stop using these amazing abilities. They're also the most balanced warrior in the game, having high magic stats to compliment their Draw Out. The fact they're from Feudal Japan would be enough anyway as I'm obsessed with that time and region.

The women in my party are usually Dancers with the Draw Out ability with a support such as Blade Grasp to prevent physical attacks during dancing or whatever. The men are mages and samurais with the black or white magic secondary options. Makes for quite a force to be reckoned with.
Zelphiel

Apophis Berserkers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Orlandu balances out a little bit if you take his Excalibur away from him. He's still strong as hell though.

anyway... FFT is one of my favs in the series story wise but gameplay wise it really isn't. with the exception of the story battles I've always found the leveling in that game to be extremely tedious.

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Man does FFTA2 ever get released?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: