Suikoden Urgent and Irrational Karma Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Final Fantasy Tactics
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:40 am    Post subject: Final Fantasy Tactics Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Best Final Fantasy ever....
Anyone here ever played this Ps1 masterpiece(not the crappy GBA version) well then this is where we will talk about FFT yaaaahh!!
Topic question:Whats your favorite job? Mine is the Lancer :lol:
fuji

9643133 Potch
16500 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never liked the Jump ability. My favourite character was a ninja with the thief skills and blade grasp with two-weapon as support and an insanely high brave score (90+). The 90+ brave score meant I had a 90%+ chance of deflecting physical shots with Blade Grasp. The character was female so it could steal things easier. My ninja assassin :)

The Mathematician although I hated him was the one character that could consistently kill most of the enemies and even clear entire maps by himself. Talk about an unbalancing character class.

Not once have I had a dancer... Maybe I should play again and get that class....

___ "That's not much"

"It's enough"
KoRnholio

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, that was an excellent game. I haven't played the GBA version, because, well, I don't have a GBA.

Its hard to pick a favorite class. Some of them made the game just too easy. But towards the end of the game I started gravitating back towards the earlier classes. I would start making some of my characters Knights again, and some Archers too. But my favorite class overall was probably was the Monks. Those guys could just damage like crazy. Cut right to the chase too....no waiting for a long spell or attack, just go right up there and smack the enemy. I liked Geomancers too....and Samurais.

But my favorite party was when I equipped people with guns and put them on chocobos. Its the closest Final Fantasy Tactics could get to an old west gunfight.
Pilika

Uncle Jowy's Army

32500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah that was truly one of the best games ever. I so wish that they would make a sequel. I played the gba version and ut was not nearly as good. and my favourite job was the uniqe dark/holy knight combination, and of the non uniqe I would have to say Lancer or Samurai, can't decide. Also have you ever played Vandal Hearts, Ifound that series preaty good.

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't get too far in the game so I can't exactly say which was my favorite class system since I didn't get to play around with enough of them. I mainly liked the knights or soldiers though ;P

It was a great game and I should've finished it - but again it just didn't turn out that way. I guess I'll have something to do during Winter Recess (since I don't have a Playstation with me right now). :) My friend used to be obsessed with the game and if I still spoke to him often I bet he'd still be talking about it every so often. He was actually the reason I got the game - I borrowed it from another friend who didn't let me keep it more than one week (which annoyed me because she always kept my stuff way longer than a week even when I'd ask for things back), scouted out a used copy and then it was rereleased and I got it.

I actually bought FFTA to bring with me to college in case I got bored and wanted to play some video games (who would've thought I'd have free time *Dies*). Unfortunately it just didn't have to same feel and felt a little too... "kiddy," or something. =\

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite job would have to be Ramza as Squire with the Altima ability, or Clouds SOLIDER, but other thatn the character jobs I liked the Knights with 2Swords, so that I can give them Ragnarok and Excalibur. By the way Worker 8 rules. Best character in the game.
adrich

14500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Calculators were easily the best class. Well, not really, they were too slow. But Math Skill was definitely the best ability set. Usually I chose Knights for the main job class and then gave them Math Skill. Equip them with Chameleon Robes to absorb Holy damage, and nothing can stand in your way. Just pick the calculation that will hit the most characters with Holy (enemy and ally, usually one involving CT) and you'll toast the enemy while healing yourself, all without having to move an inch.
Esra

Guardians of Ilam

0 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Having a single character class isn't really possible for me. My favorite version of character would be a combination of a mastered Monk or Knight class with double swords ability and Blade grasp, I can't remember what else I used but I remember the combination made me a God in the game. I was a little disapointed on how easy the final boss was, though. I beat it without it even getting a chance to attack, what a jip!

The first time that I played that game I saw a few holes in the battle stragedy and kept it in mind for later on. The second time I played it I decided to play with all the loop holes and waisted several hours per battle accumulating my people-having their levels rise close to 20 times before I desided to continue to the next battle. By the end, all my characters were maxed out on both level and job mastering...I did max out the timer as well though (One of the drawbacks).

The best Type of support to have though were Chocobos! Third time I played it I made my entire team composed of Chocobos...no real good way to explain that one. It was REALLY fun, though.

I have yet to play the GBA version, though because I've noticed that most remakes of certain video games tend to ruin the experience. So I'll stick with my PS1 version.

:shock:
(Crap, I think this is my longest post yet!)
Dakota

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

TheAngelicSin, Thats it!!! you hit the reason why so many people hated Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.
Heh heh I thought of another topic question:What team do you use?
Me? I never ever use story characters so here is my team.

Ramza:Job-Knight Mastered
Subjob-Squire Mastered

Dakota:Job-Lancer Mastered
Subjob-Knight Mastered

Ben:Job-Monk Mastered
Subjob-White Mage

Travis:Job-Black Mage
Subjob-White Mage

Arcada:Job-Lancer
Subjob-Ninja

Amy:Job-Dancer
Subjob-Samurai :mrgreen:
Seakida

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah man, Croix, you have to use the main characters, my team consisted of
Ramza-Knight
Sub-Squire with Altima

Worker 8-Enough said

Cloud-SOLIDER
Sub-Samuri

Can't Rember the Guy with the Gun's Name-Gunner
Sub-Archer

Orlandu(Cid)-What ever class he was
Sub-Summoner with Zodiac

The Holy Knight-Holy Knight
Sub-White Mage

Beowulf-What ever he was
Sub-Chemist
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Final Fantasy Tactics is easily one of my favorite games. It's right up there with the Suikoden series, FFII/VI, and Chrono Trigger. Suikoden II is the ONLY game I've played more than FFT. I can't even for the life of me remember how many times I've gone through it. As for my favorite class, if we're counting the special classes I'd say Assassain, but not counting the special classes it's a tie between the Samurai, Lancer, and Ninja. The Ninja is great because he can get the job done quickly and he has lots of cool skills, though his bad points are his low HP and not so useful command (Throw). The Lancer is a little slow, but he can really take damage and he can attack from an extra space away. And the Samurai is just plain fun. Cool abilities but their expensive hobbie of breaking swords is kind of a let down sometimes.

As for my favorite party. I don't play with the special characters that much because I think they're too good and they can take the challenge out of the game sometimes. Usually I just stick with Ramza and 4 generics.

Ramza
Brave: 97
Faith: 94
-------
Class: Squire
Sub: Math Skill
Counter: Blade Grasp
Support: Magic ATK Up
Move: Move +3
-------
R-Hand: Excalibur
L-Hand: Aegis Shield
Head: Flash Hat
Body: Rubber Costume
Other: Magic Gauntlet

Male Lancer
Faith: 30
-------
Class: Lancer
Sub: Item
Support: Throw Item
-------
R-Hand: Javelin II
L-Hand: Escutcheon II
Head: Grand Helmet
Body: Maximillion
Other: Bracer

Male Samurai
Faith: 75
-------
Class: Samurai
Sub: Elemental
-------
R-Hand: Chirijiraden
L-Hand: Genji Shield
Head: Genji Helmet
Body: Ganji Armor
Other: Genji Gauntlet

Male Ninja
Faith: 30
-------
Class: Ninja
Sub: Battle Skill
Support: Attack Up
-------
R-Hand: Koga Knife
L-Hand: Iga Knife
Head: Thief Hat
Body: Secret Clothes
Other: Bracer

Female Summoner
Faith: 82
-------
Class: Summoner
Sub: Math Skill
Counter: Magic Counter
Move: Teleport
-------
R-Hand: Wizard Rod
L-Hand:
Head: Flash Hat
Body: Robe of Lords
Other: Setiemson

Has anyone else tried any of the SCCs? (Straite Class Challenge) You can read about it at gamefaqs. So far I've done Squire, Chemist, Monk, Oracle, and Summoner. When I last stoped playing I was doing a Lancer SCC and I was stuck at the Finath River (stupid chocobos).

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Final Fantasy tactics was always one of my favorite games. It has been a while since I played it, but I remember that my favorite class was lancer. I also got the very rare sword that petrifies what it hits, but I can't remember what it was called.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Diaz wrote:
Final Fantasy tactics was always one of my favorite games. It has been a while since I played it, but I remember that my favorite class was lancer. I also got the very rare sword that petrifies what it hits, but I can't remember what it was called.

The swords called Chaos Sword, man that was a pain to get for me, walking up and down those dungeon floors. The crystals helped alot though, and Workers 8's long distances attacks will also sho you where things are.
Dakota

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The story characters are sometimes to strong Orlando,Beowolf, and Aegis are a perfect example.

Mustadio-He was pretty good for a few battles but after a while Amy(one of my generic charracters) became stronger than him so he was forgotten

Meludioul-She sucked when I got here so I never used her.

Reis-She really wasn't worth my trouble her attacks were bland.

Worker 8-I felt I was cheating when I used him/her/it.

Orlando-He was a freaking power house kinda like Pesmerga.

Aegis-When I mastered her class she was to strong as well.

Malak & Rafa-I hate them both for there stupid job skills it was pathetic.

Beowolf-Oracle and knight moves he was also overpowered

Cloud-Started at level 1 got him to level 49, but since I don't know how to get his moves working he like Mustadio was forgotten
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Croix wrote:
Cloud-Started at level 1 got him to level 49, but since I don't know how to get his moves working he like Mustadio was forgotten

To use Cloud's Limit skills you have to equip him with the Materia Blade. You can find it at the top of Brevereno (I'm 100% sure I didn't spell that right) Volcano using the skill "Move Find Item". Although it enables him to use his Limit skills, the weapon itself only has a measly 10 attack power. Just another reason why I don't even bother using Cloud.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: