Suikoden Uncouth and Informational Kraalesque Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Day dreaming about games
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Seakida

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:55 pm    Post subject: Day dreaming about games Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Have you ever experienced dreamed from a game beacuse you play it to much. I mean I myself have seen an image in my head of Riou and Jowy fighting. Dante blasting something in the air, and the occasional Sephiroth killing Aries. Personally I think if you day dream, or dream in that matter, it just means that game was that good. And not that you play it to much.
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hehehe, I do that all of the time. I will be at school watching some movie or something and all of a sudden I find myself thinking of some game or just thinking of ideas I would include in a game if I were to make one. I do believe that if you daydream about a game that it is good otherwise if it was a terrible game you would just erase the game from existence in your mind. I might even day dream about games more than I listen to teachers.

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah no worrys there mate. Just because you day dream about games does not mean that you are crazy. I myself have done it plenty of times.

O, wait, maybe its just that I'm crazy....Ponders the thought of his own existence.... Hehe just kidding. No, I mean the memorable scenes, such as Aeris death, and Riou & Jowy's promise definatley stick with you. I often find myself saying what would I have done. However, thats not really a fair question because I generally know the outcome of what happens and am looking at it from a third person perspective.

Most games that have these memorable scenes in them are generally very good. There are the occasional few that suck and just have a couple of good things though.
El Regrs

15501 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, sorta. And generally it leads to fanfiction or trading jokes about videogames with friends.

Which is enough to convince me I DO play videogames too much :P
Stormbringer

Astramaniacs

158943 Potch
225 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I've had daydreams/dreams of several games...though my dreams are usually the game playing out.There was this one I had after playing DW3 for a long time and I was playing one of the characters and fighting. It was a bit weird :roll: . The most fun game daydreams I had were:

1. I was playing Age of Empires and sending the little people to build a Wonder for me, complete with sound effects and psycho animals.

2. I was _in_ Warcraft 3 and me and my friends were running around and the game itself kind of played like the original Gauntlet. Until the guys from Good Charlotte showed up then the whole thing was kind of ruined.

Maybe I should cut down on my game playing.... :shock:
Elc

Rebel of Babylon

1121979 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know about dreaming or day-dreaming, but if I play NHL hockey for an extended period of time, if I close my eyes I will see a "fast-forward" version of the game. That's the only one I can think of, though I have had dreams where small bits of games find their way in, usually just in the form of a word or name from a game.

"You make me smash the clock and feel, I'd rather die behind the wheel.
Time was never on my side, So on I wait my whole lifetime."
Daniel Blackhand

siswai'aman Brotherhood of Pain

330059 Potch
0 Soldiers
5731866 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Daydreaming or dreaming with bits of games mixed up in them ios perfectly healthy as far as I am concerned. It shows that your brain is processing things plus it gives you an escape from the normal humdrum. I myself am always putting myself into games especially rpg's because if I didn't have that escape I would probably cry a lot.

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

;) Always there in my mind... usually when I'm sitting in a class that's boring me (read: "I know this already... please let me out of here!" kind of feeling) or something I'll daydream about a game (or that guy that from class *cough* who, sadly enough, reminds me of Landis so you can go and scratch counting me as one of the people to back you up in your plead for sanity people :))

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ya, but sometimes I will find myself playing the game for a long period of time, and the when I haven't played it in a while, It seems afully hard to find reality from the day dreams. It feels as if I am the one in the dreams, is that still sane?

For example, I just got done with Suikoden 3 for the first time yesterday, and already I keep seeing Hugo versus Yuber, and the scene where Luc and Sarah's souls fly off together.
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not sure of your Suikoden progress but have you played the first one? If so, after the Soniere Prison scene with Gremio, Milich Oppenheimer and Viktor ('cause those are the three I picture as most talkative with Tir as just a small voice - 'though still present) I had such a hard time thinking about much else than that scene (It touched me ;P Probably in more ways than it should have). Of course I played the game last summer during the blackout in New York City (my grandmother's apartment got electricity back really quickly and I was avoiding a childhood friend who wanted to be more than friends... so I was there for a while) so there really wasn't too much to do anyway. *Shrugs*

But it wasn't easy getting back into the "real world," per se, because the game's so good you'd rather just stay there. Might you have been facing problems lately? Sometimes people use video games (and other sources of media) as outlets to avoid their problems for a while. Sometimes it's the better thing to do but other times not . ;P It's sane-ish... It's not insane - maybe a little weird to the "average Joe," but still not crazy nuts. x_x

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh no, One-I have played all Suikoden games and just recently played 3 and beat it. Two-My real life is going great, better than I am usually. But its like the game is calling me by flashing my favorite memories into my head. It's wierd.
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh, well that sounds pretty normal then. :) Just means you really liked the game. It happens to a lot of people will a lot of things. My friend can't stop watching the Lord of the Rings movies (or reading the books) and constantly has thoughts about the series (Personally I never paid attention to the series so heh).

Gutbuster Brigade

132168 Potch
294 Soldiers
17500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I find my self not day dreaming, but sometimes I'll be doing work at school and I'll be thinking about how to beat a certain section in a game(whether it be a boss, or just a certain puzzle). sometimes I scare the heck out of my brother, because we would be doing home work and all of a sudden I shout "I'VE GOT IT!" Now my brother thinks I'm turning into a psycho or something, but I guess daydreaming and being thoughtful of a game is the same thing.
or until I die
Watari

Lone Wolf

303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I do this alot. I will be think of some way different then video games. Then al of a sudden I see myself fighting with people from different video games.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually had a dream about suikox yesterday. It was kinda funny actually. All I did was look at how many people were here and the screen said 49. That was the end of it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: