Suikoden United and Illegal Keystone Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Whats your Favorite Final Fantasy?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fundertaker

Mountain Stallion Riders

336708 Potch
200 Soldiers
14 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sin's Jecht tansported him there.

I haven't played FFVII, but even so these are my favourites:

Final Fantasy VIII- It was the 1st I've played and has the greatest love couple (in my opinion) of all FF saga, Squall and Rinoa.

Final Fantasy VI - It has the greatest storyline in all RPG world, and one of the most memorable scenes, the opera.

Final Fantasy IX - The most solid of the FF's, and has other of the most memorable scenes, the summoning of Alexander.

This post is officially Fundertaker Approved
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite has always been FFVII. Don't start with the "overrated" crap with me. FFVIII and FFIX were just too dark for me. FFVIII = Lunar Cry. FFIX = I forgot what that huge tree was called... (not that FFVII wasn't dark... but at least it had the Gold Saucer). To me, Tidus was just too damn annoying to make FFX tolerable (but it is the second favorite of mine, learning the Al Bhed was fun...), and FFX-2... I'm not getting started on that piece of crap. Jobs were a good idea during FFV, but defeating 999 enemies just to learn the Ribbon ability... I'm afraid I don't have the patience to do that, and I've dodged the 200 lightning bolts in the Thunder Plains and repeated the chocobo race a hundred times just to get the Venus Crest and the Sun Crest respectively.

Oh, and in FFX, I also raised everyone's stats to 255 (including Luck).
zincbrain

Uttuku

441117 Potch
200 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2005 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite final fantasy is FF7
Omni

Champions of Grassland

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

FF VI. Why? Because I said so XD no I just like 2D RPGs.
unknown

Hidden Loyalty

10137 Potch
150 Soldiers
630 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

this is a tuff one for me.. I've played every final fantasy and don't get me wrong they all are awsome OMI but I'm gonna have to go with 6..... Shadow to this day along with setzer, sabin, locke, gogo, and GUA!!!! will be my fav. cast in a final fantasy... not that I hated edger, mog, uubru, celac, cyan, or terra... they are awsome too just the didn't have what it takes to be a bad man like kefka who i think next to sephiroth and luca blight is prolly the best villian I've hever had to kill
cid

forgotten one

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i have play allfinal fantasy except 12 and 11 , i can sadi that ff7 is the best ...the nearest final fantasy is the final fantasy 8, couse it is the realistc, and it have realy great things...cool guardian forces, cool map, ...but ff7 have an atmosphere like an horrible dream, and i love it....cose the game is in a real time...i like ff9 couse it have an interesting story line...maybe one of the best and the compleks story line...it have a beutiful animation,and i love games there are kids and no adults...it makes me feel better,cose i say tha ff7,ff8,ff9 r the best final fantasy that i have ever played...it s fantastic...but every finalfantasy is great :mrgreen:

edit:i have play ff11 yesterday...isnt like other final fantasy...u create your character...i have played ff tactics 2, and it is cool , but it is like vargrant story...a tactic rpg on a land, u can enter the town buzt u cannot move u in the town..u have pub( u take missions there),item shop(u buy items ), and card treds, but the story is stupid

Last edited by cid on Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Adrian Magicent

Ever-Nameless, For It's Mysterious

528 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I haven't played 11, due to the online thing. However, of those I've played, the ranking right now is

FFT/FF6
FF4
FF7
FF5/3
FF9/X
FF8
FF
FFX-2
FF2
Raze

Shinigami

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is there no love for the original? the oldskool? t3h uber?

Of course, my favorite Final Fantasy is the original from the Nintendo Entertainment System. It was the first RPG that I played, and to me, it still outshines the rest of them, with the exception of FFVI. The plot was relatively simple and the gameplay was basic. But when you were 8 years old, what else could you ask for? :3 I can fondly recall trying to beat my brother to finishing the game first. (We owned 2 copies: one was a present, and the other was from my uncle who didn't want it anymore. I still have my copy safely enshrined in my room... :3) We both beat the game on the same day, so it was a moot point. The first time beating it, it took us about 6-7 months. Now, I can fire it up and beat it in about a day...relatively short as far as RPGs go, but it's still longer than any FPS or Fighting game. ;3

Due to my nostalgia, I also frequently read 8-bit Theatre, which is absolutely hilarious. Some of the jokes you'd have to play the game to get ("I, Garland, shall KNOCK YOU ALL DOWN!"), but most of the humor is still noobie friendly.

Rend. Slaughter. Devour your enemies. There is no other way to survive. You cannot escape your hunger, warriors of Purgatory.
Tony Stark

War Machine

536068 Potch
250 Soldiers
1600 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know I'm nearly alone here, but Final Fantasy VIII is my favorite, and I don't really know why. It was the first one I paid for myself, though I played VI and VII before it, and I got it the day after it came out. I played it and I was wowed from start to finish, though the game did start out strong and progressively got weaker, it still ended on the higher note than any other Final Fantasy, though I never finished IX because I couldn't handle it, and I haven't quite finished II/IV yet.

In order, here you go...

-FFVIII
-FFT
-FFIII/VI
-FFII/IV
-FFVII
-FFIIIj
-FFXI
-FFIX
-FFV

The party members you never use

579843 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with Brect0. My favorite is VIII. Probably because it was my first Final Fantasy. I like all the older ones too, but I'm not too sure about the newer FFs.

forgotten one

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

my favourtie is ff8...it has the greatest story ever for me...but ff7 have a better compilation of things and it have the best negative one ..sephiroth is the coolest negative one from along time....
Jurhael

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For years, it was Final Fantasy 6 since I thought it was very powerful and provocative. Then Final Fantasy ten came along and that one and Final Fantasy X-2 became my favorites. But, Final Fantasy 6 will always be among the highest Final Fantasy favorites.
Arenegeth

1978687 Potch
7000 Soldiers
150 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I won't be original about it but it is Final Fantasy VII.

My second most favorite game after Suikoden II.

As to why well none of the Final Fantasies after it managed to grasp that feeling, of a broken world it had a sense of reality among its fantasy.

The rest didn't live up to it, VIII was shallow with an epic love story turning into High school crush, IX well you can't take it too seriously I might have liked it better than VIII but as I have seen fans consider it the worst Final Fantasy game of the 3D era.

X was a disappointment to me, the story was what I didn't like and the "secret" that Yuna was supposed to die and when Tidus finds out and YET another love story that is becoming so cliché in RPG's.

Well the 2D Final Fantasies I didn't have the honor to play them at their time so that spoils them for me.

Nothing will come close to VII, but I'm looking forward to SquareEnix's new approach with XII.

And of course if SquareEnix finally goes along with it and brings Final Fantasy VII a remake it deserves on the PS3.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: