Suikoden Uncouth and Illusional Karma Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Whats your Favorite Final Fantasy?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Whats your Favorite Final Fantasy? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Lots of people like the Final Fantasy series sooo??? whats your favorite one and why?
Mine is Final Fantasy Tactics it completely redefined the job system a great assortment of characters, and it even has Cloud Strife as a secret character. Finally got around to fixing the title, it was starting to piss me off.

Last edited by Dakota on Tue Jun 07, 2005 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Solitude

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes Final Fantasy Tactics was a great game. I got a kick out of the fact that most people didn't know who the enemy was until the very end of the game. Not that I had a clue as to what was going on the first time I played it either.

My favorite Final Fantasy would have to be 7 with 6 being a close second. The persuit of Sephiroth throughout the game just captivated me. Even though such things were really easy to miss if you didn't talk to certain people in like everytown. I just like the whole unlocking the past thing.
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite of the Final Fantasy series remains VII. ;P And if I hadn't tried playing through Suikoden III again I would still consider it my favorite RPG.

Why is it my favorite? Well, first of all FFVII introduced me to RPGs. If I hadn't seen the commercial they had on television for FFVII I wouldn't have gotten a Playstation - I was actually going to get an N64 back then. x_x; Also, the game was truly marvelous to play through and was a change for me because it was highly addictive, easy to play and at the same time challenging. ;)

I also loved Rufus and the Turks - you can't go wrong with ShinRa and ShinRa affiliates ;D Well, all right ya can but that's not the point.

Final Fantasy VI is a very close second. I just really liked following the story behind Locke and Celes - and loved the Opera scene and the cliff scene. :)

Everything after VII... m'eh :p

Fallen Angels

495 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah I was a little dissapointed on how ShinRa just sort of dropped out of the picture. I mean sure president Rufus got blown up by one of the weapons and all, but still. I mean they could have at least made it to where ShinRa didn't completely drop out of the picture.

The turks were awsome. Except for Elena, she was to much of a novice for her to be considered at the same level as Reno and Rude. They just had way more class.
Darkbeat

Location: The school of making funny locations for my forum profile
102756 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really enjoyed IX, dont get me wrong VI and VII were pretty damn cool as well, but I thought in terms of character development, storyline and score that IX came out on top.

Mind you, Final Fantasy will never be as good an RPG series as Suikoden, or even Breath of Fire IMHO.
Kohaku

Red Veil

309182 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I really like FF Tactics. Everything about it is really nice. But for a tactic game, it's still not the best. Ogre battle & Tactics Ogre in my oppinion are better than FFT. Vandal Hearts 1 and 2 are also great.
For normal RPG, among all Final Fantasy, the one I like most is FF 9. Why? simple, just because it brings back the enjoyment of FF series that had been lost since FF 7.

Lone Wolf

303 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like Final Fansty 5. The job system is really cool.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Decado

Desert Elite

357208 Potch
0 Soldiers
4283 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think my favourite Final Fantasy had to be 6. I wasn't too fond of the start but the further I got into it the more I enjoyed it.

A close second would be Final Fantasy 9. As Schala stated above it was fun to play rather than a chore (such as I found 8 to be...)

After that I would have to say Final Fantasy 3. Once again simple and fun. I think I enjoyed the 'class' system of playing rather than the 'job' system. I wasn't too fond of the materia system either...

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I know I`m going to be in the minority here, but my favourite is without a doubt number 8(FFVIII). I don`t really like most of the characters, and I know that the plot twist at the end of disc 2 is a bit lame, and that the main plot could have been better, but I really like the world. It`s a sort of strange mix between science fiction and the technology level of our own Earth. This makes it easier to relate to, for me...it seems like some of the cities could almost have been real. I can almost imagine myself walking around in Timber and Balamb. It has this connection to our normal world, with an additional layer of magic and fantastic technology.

It was also the first FF to introduce proper countries(IIRC), I loved the dictionary thing with in-depth information about the setting, and the whole Laguna side-story with the dream sequences really captivated me for some reason. I also liked Squall`s "transformation", though I can see that some could find it a bit cheesy or overly "angsty".

Wow, that was long...hopefully you get the point. :)
I really like all the FFs, though. At least the ones from 6 and forward. And I`ve never played Tactics.

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favourite Final Fantasy game is Final Fantasy IX. As the others have mentioned, playing that game is fun and not a chore. That's what a good game should be IMO, the kind of game that you could just play through without having to have the urge to throw your controller to the TV screen. Sure the jump rope mini-game is ridiculously hard (at least for me, can't seem to even jump rope for 10 or so times, hehe) but that's why it's a mini-game and not something that you have to do to finish the game. Other than that, everything else is pretty much fun and enjoyable. Probably not too many people like the characters in FF IX, but I do. I even find Quina to be highly amusing rather than annoying (though s/he is the only character that has not been in my final party at all -I just happen to like the other characters more-).

Also, I like the "limited freedom" that we have with the characters. Limited in a sense that they got a set role (Zidane being a thief, Garnet as summoner, etc etc), but freedom in a sense that we got to choose which ability to use on the character. Compared to the totally free (in a sense that we could really customize every character to be the same), I find the limited freedom to be more enjoyable. At least there's a reason to use one character than the other depending on how you play the game.

The Chocobo game is also fun, I like spending hours just to play that game, though I must say that I have to use guides to find locations of the hard to find treasures. But overally, it's a very fun mini-game. Dang, after writing all this, I have the urge to play FF IX again .... must ... resist .. it ... must ... finish .. DQ6 .. first... hehe.

Final Fantasy VII is my second favourite out of the Final Fantasy series. But unlike most people who might have been introduced to RPG because of that game, I just like the game because of Yuffie, the Turks, Red XIII, and Tifa. Definitely not a fan of Sephiroth, Vincent, Cid, the flower girl, or Cloud at all. And I'm just too weak to fight the weapons and ended up just giving up on them. The graphic wasn't spectacular, instead more like very blocky and ugly IMO (though understandable because it was like 8 years ago or so, yeah?). But yeah, Yuffie Kisaragi really made the game way more fun to me. Had she not been in the game, I'd probably refuse to finish the game. Heheh.

Final Fantasy Tactics is a good game for sure, but I still prefer Vandal Hearts II when it comes to that kind of genre of games. FFT's biggest drawback for me is its limited character to use. For a game with a lot of characters, they could at least allow us to use more (probably 10 or so characters maximum) rather than only 5 (or 6 or so? can't really remember) as we get more characters. The jobs that we could do are basically useless as well due to the useless treasures. Couldn't be bothered at all with it once I found out that we can't use the treasures.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Dakota

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I was very disappointed when FF tactics Advance came out it was hardly like the PS1 version
Darkbeat

Location: The school of making funny locations for my forum profile
102756 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bugg wrote:

The Chocobo game is also fun, I like spending hours just to play that game, though I must say that I have to use guides to find locations of the hard to find treasures. But overally, it's a very fun mini-game. Dang, after writing all this, I have the urge to play FF IX again .... must ... resist .. it ... must ... finish .. DQ6 .. first... hehe.

Ditto, infact I think I will restart it now ;)

Despite many negative reactions from other fans I actually loved Chocobo hot and cold as well. I would even go as far to say that next to "Cook off" in Suikoden II its the best mini-game in an RPG ever.
Gaara

Arrancars

5665 Potch
8300 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

My favorite was Final Fantasy VII. It was the first Final Fantasy for me to play and I was quite attached to the characters, especially Vincent & Cloud. Cloud remains to be among my favorite RPG heroes still. I like more of the badass heroes than the recent sissies such as Zidane and Tidus. Well Zidane wasn't actually a sissy, but he wasn't anything special. Also storywise, Final Fantasy went downhill. So my favorite remains to be VII.
Gwendal

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Darkbeat wrote:
Despite many negative reactions from other fans I actually loved Chocobo hot and cold as well. I would even go as far to say that next to "Cook off" in Suikoden II its the best mini-game in an RPG ever.

I agree...probably the best FF minigame IMO.

Gaara wrote:
I like more of the badass heroes than the recent sissies such as Zidane and Tidus.

Auron is supposed to be the "badass" of FFX, not Tidus.

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I still enjoy playing final Fantasy 6 to this day. There's something about that game that makes it a classic. That game comes from a time where RPG's wee unknown and ideas were fresh. Although none of the characters were too unique since you could teach them all magic, the characters had their own personality.

Yet, my most favorite of them all has to be FF9. After 7 and 8 came out, I've wondered when Final Fantasy would go back to its roots. The series was getting to technologically involved for me. Then comes 9 with its moogles, sprites, unique races, and then I instantly fell for the game. Everyone has their own usefulness in battle and to the storyline as well. IM, with the exception of the boss battle, it has the best battle music. There were many different variations of them including the battle in the play, the normal battle theme, the battle with Beatris, the battle vs. Kuja, etc.

To keep it short, I believe it's a masterpiece that will never be replicated even if someone were to try.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

Jump to: