Suikoden United and Irenic Kraalesque Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Tenkai's Name, Do You Want To Name It Or Do You Want Konami To Name It
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What would you like??
I prefer naming it myself...
25%
 25%  [ 18 ]
I prefer Konami naming it...
22%
 22%  [ 16 ]
An official name that i could change freely...
48%
 48%  [ 34 ]
I'm not sure....
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 70

Rezard

215744 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't undestand Sami. Why it is so important to name your hero? I don't have any of these feelings while naming the hero, I don't dislike it, but I feel it is completely unimportant.
Sami

Liberating Swords

199204 Potch
27 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

To you, Suikoden might be an RPG among other RPGs, not special. Or you might value other aspects of Suikoden. You have not experienced the exhilarating moments in thinking about the name, creating a name that really encompasses your character as well as the hero's, bringing you much closer to the story and giving a personal impact to the story and the events of the game, combined with the other names of your own choosing. For me, naming the hero is important because I have seen what an emotional impact it can have, and how it enhances the game experience. Naming the hero is an important aspect of Suikoden, and one of the aspects that separates it from most if not all of other RPGs.

Last edited by Sami on Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rakuna

Silver Wind

29744 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It'd be nice if they'd actually give them a name. And then we could decide whether or not we like, and change it if we don't. A lot of the time I go with the original name anyways, so that would really work well for me. I don't like having to come up with names. xD
LadyNite

63615 Potch
3 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I prefer have an official name because Suikoden is not my story suikoden is the writer's story and i love all the story.... hehehehe

And i would not mine to changing the name if i played it....
Geddoe-9

The pahtless dude

156000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think konami should name it since they have expertsto do it.and thats good because the chances of having a good name is great. I mean dont you think hugo and geddoe had great names
Zaj I mean Mike

I just sell weapons

500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would like them to name the Hero not naming him now adays seems like a cop-out also he(or she or possibly it) better be able to talk :x

CLERKS
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I still like being able to change the name, but I really want Konami to have an official name. I usually have to start a new "perfect" file when the novel name comes out. Plus, this way, the hero's name can be spoken in voice acting, even though you might have changed his/her name (such as was done in Star Ocean: TtEoT).

117 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I prefer Konami naming the hero :roll:
Blindside

101263 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like naming my own guy, personally.

It just feels more like me playing.
Geddoe-9

The pahtless dude

156000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I actually think konami will just do he same in suikoden 6
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Geddoe-9 wrote:
I actually think konami will just do he same in suikoden 6

Well they've done it for five games, I doubt they'd change now.
Geddoe-9

The pahtless dude

156000 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actally for four since they named them in three
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Geddoe-9 wrote:
Actally for four since they named them in three

Well, technically you name the Flame Champion, in which the character you choose can take on his name.
Falcon Critical

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked the protaganists in Suiko 3 a lot more because they had names and characters and actual lines of dialogue. Did you feel any less immersion when Hugo/Chris/Geddoe/Thomas actually had lines and personalities? I didn't. Konami should name the hero and give them personality. Makes it easy for the character to make a return in another of the games as well, they don't have to do the whole Tir says nothing even in GS2 thing.

The only issue with this would be if they have a bad personality. But then again the Suiko protaganists are supposed to be people that inspire people to fight with them, so it would be unlikely they'd hit this pitfall.

In any other game/anime someone like Zamza would be an awesome protaganist, but you have to agree he wouldn't work as a suiko hero - he's unlikely to inspire hundreds of people to follow him.

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Falcon Critical wrote:
I liked the protaganists in Suiko 3 a lot more because they had names and characters and actual lines of dialogue. Did you feel any less immersion when Hugo/Chris/Geddoe/Thomas actually had lines and personalities? I didn't. Konami should name the hero and give them personality. Makes it easy for the character to make a return in another of the games as well, they don't have to do the whole Tir says nothing even in GS2 thing.

The only issue with this would be if they have a bad personality. But then again the Suiko protaganists are supposed to be people that inspire people to fight with them, so it would be unlikely they'd hit this pitfall.

In any other game/anime someone like Zamza would be an awesome protaganist, but you have to agree he wouldn't work as a suiko hero - he's unlikely to inspire hundreds of people to follow him.

I do hope that Konami has the hero speak, and I do agree that a name or at least speaking lines do add a lot to the hero's development. I do, however, think Konami did an excelent job developing the Prince in V. He's as well developed as some speaking heroes I've seen, and he's much better than any silent hero I've ever played. Facial expressions, great motion-acting, lots of dialogue choices that were actually different, and even other characters' lines helped develop him.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: