Suikoden Uncanny and Inspirational Knowledge Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Tenkai's Name, Do You Want To Name It Or Do You Want Konami To Name It
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What would you like??
I prefer naming it myself...
25%
 25%  [ 18 ]
I prefer Konami naming it...
22%
 22%  [ 16 ]
An official name that i could change freely...
48%
 48%  [ 34 ]
I'm not sure....
2%
 2%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 70

Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 2:23 am    Post subject: Tenkai's Name, Do You Want To Name It Or Do You Want Konami Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In Suikoden 1, 2 and 4 the Tenkai Star which is the hero gets their own name officially from Konami.... But in Suikoden 3, Konami named it by theirself (Thomas) eventhough we still have to name the Flame Champion...

So, in Suikoden 6, do you want to name it again or do you want Konami to name it, or an official name given by Konami and you could change his/her name?? :D

To me, i prefer Konami named it though :mrgreen:
Thief

Truth

213998 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Those names "given" to Tenkai Stars of Suikoden, 2 and 4 are not official.

Only Thomas' name is official.
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would like to know what the official name of each hero is, but I also like to change it if I wish. Of course, we have the names of the characters in the novels, but they're not official. They're useful for the purpose of reference, though, rather than saying Hero1, or Hero2 etc.

I'd like to name my hero Vertius, if I please, but I would also like to use an official name.

Wednesday's Army

20952 Potch
328 Soldiers
225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I always name my hero the same name (Tsumi), so I would not like them to have an official name, at first. If Konami wants to come back with a novel or something later on with an official name, i'd name the hero his official name on the second playthrough or something.

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I like it how it is!

There are sub offical names for those that like having the "all is right" thought about naming things. I'm one of those, The game feels werid if I don't have the name that's offical, but when there isn't one it doesn't bother me any.

And seeing as they are only sub offical names, people who like naming characters what they want can freely do it without feeling like they choose the wrong name.

I agree as sad as it is, the offical name coming later often adds replay value for some people.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
Assassin01

Team Assassination

575125 Potch
200 Soldiers
900 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would personally want to name my own hero for Suikoden games. I think Konami should keep it this way as a way of keeping up the tradition that they have made in the series.
MMan9000
Ralphy Leone Tensei
Lymsleia Falenas
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Personally, I like how it is. You get to name the hero, while Konami releases a novel name some time after the game is realeased. I like naming the hero myself, and after a few playthrouhgs, use the novelized name after. I think it adds some replay value to the game itself.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not very original, and I hate naming characters the same name, and I hate having to refer to the characters as "Hero#." I also don't like the long delay time to find out the Hero's name in the form we are getting it. But I do like that the name field is blank. What I'd like is an "official" name, but not a "default" name, like what they're doing, except faster.

Headstrong

317417 Potch
2460 Soldiers
500 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wouldn't mind if they made the tenkai's name, and it would revert back to that if you hit a "default" button, or something, but I'd like to be able to have a choice.
ard, save the dirty talk for when we meet!
Lonelion

Lonelion's Naval Fleet.

4727 Potch
106 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Let's see an offical name for the hero,but allow the player the option of changing it on each of the player's playthroughes of it.

http://www.myspace.com/lonelion7769
http://www.duefiumi.com
http://z6.invisionfree.com/suikocross
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Obviously an official name with the option to change freely, that is the best of both worlds.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I go for the same of having an official name that I can have the option to change when I start the game.

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

well they could always do another Thomas thing, and have the player be various characters. Like how the RoP passed onto other people in the game, have that only all the dead holders could of been played by you for a while.

that would be pretty cool.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

An official name for continuity purposes with the option to change it at the start of the game works fine for me.

Although just having an official name, full stop, would make voice acting a lot easier.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm going to have to agree with John here. I like having a name I can change, since it's easier to discuss. However, if there's voice acting, it's nice to have a chosen name. It was annoying in Final Fantasy X when they kept calling Tidus "the new guy" or "the boy," just because they couldn't use his name.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: