Suikoden Unique and Irrational Kibbutz Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Computer Chips in the Brain
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sars wrote:
Okay, I give up.

I'm with you, boss.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Username

Kanaria, Most Intelligent Rozen Maiden

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This is why technology like this will never grow, too many science fiction flicks and conspiracy theories. Same people who think big brother will use the street cams to spy on you! BOOO!

That being said...

I wouldn't let anyone screw with my head when a problem doesn't already exist in there. Too risky for me no matter what the level of technology.

The pursuit of symmetry... Death The Kid, Patty and Liz.

SSBB Friend Code: Ace / 4339-2163-7352
AA

Spears of the Sand

366104 Potch
200 Soldiers
3121 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For the love of god.....

What part of "the technology deosn't exist" don't you understand....

Im with Sars and J Lay on this one.
Username

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

This might be off topic, but where did the phrase "Big brother is watching" come from?

John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The short novel, 'Ninteen Eighty-Four' by George Orwell. A classic of English literature.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Nimble Jack

Guard of the Old Way

319192 Potch
250 Soldiers
125 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There is only one reason I can think of for inserting the chip into an infants skull, and that is to actually get it underneath the bone before the skull forms into one solid bone. The reason for this being that if the chip was simply underneath the skin, then a person could easily remove the chip without much risk, or damage done to themselves. It's really farfetched, I know, with the developement of the brain and such, but that's the only rational that I can come up with.

All of this controversy reminds me of the movie Minority Report, where instead of chips there were eye scanners everywhere that would read your identity, for more personal adds, and for restricted access into areas. In the movie Tom Cruise gets a procedure done to change out his eyes, and I think that that is the sort of thing that would happen if these chips were used for the same type of things as the retinal scanners. However, my take on the whole thing was that the chips would be used as a homming beacon to find kidnapped children, and criminals. While these are both very adrimable deeds, I think that it is this feature that causes the most fear. Reason being, who would be in control of the information of your whereabouts? Would it be the government? A company? Your parents or spouse?

Overall I haven't formed an opinion about these chips. There are too many unknow factors, and unanswerable questions at this period of time for me to say for sure where I stand on the issue.
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Man, technology is making people worst these days....
do they even think first before doing this... :x
Alluminitti

124798 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Biological entities have many more advantages over mechanical things. For instance, the human brain has a hard drive capacity the size of Texas(but humans are poor at retrieving the data).

I believe that developing drugs that could either increase our capacity and/or the performance of our brain would be much better than surgically inserting a foreign object into our skulls. The human body doesn't like foreign objects that's why there are problems with breast augmentation.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think in the new spirit of technology being added to the human body as being a VERY BAD THING, we should immediately remove all pacemakers from people.

Think about it, pacemakers are inserted to affect the human heart, the heart, source of love, life, vitality and all that. How can technology be allowed to affect such a vital aspect of WHO. WE. ARE. I mean, an arm is one thing, it's just there, but hearts are important, dammit!

Here's another fact. Did you know that companies produce pacemakers? Capitalist companies? Evil capitalist companies only centered on the accumilation of profit? How do you know they're not just shoving a calculator down your blood vessels and charging you a fortune? I mean, would you trust a multi-national company to do things for your own good?

And let's face it, even if these pacemakers do work, who knows if it's that all it does. What if it makes your heart worse so you need to buy more products, get more treatment, causing their profits to soar? Lets face it, corporate fat cats look out for each other.

Even worse! These evil companies get tax breaks, right? And do you know why? BECAUSE THEY ALLOW THE GOVERNMENT TO MONITOR YOU THROUGH THESE DEVICES. Think about it, the government is watching all that very sensative information you go through everyday. Who knows how the United States is using your daily routine of posting at a Suikoden forum and eating at Burger King to further its evil!

Do not trust pacemakers, if an eldery or sick relative or friend is advised to get one, don't let them! The government may want to spy on their rehabilitation and bowel movements as well as measure how much fat and grease they consume. You may wonder WHY the government would give a damn about your ordinary lives, but you don't know how deep this Evil Techonolgy Capitalist American Conspiracy goes!

Don't say I didn't warn you.
Username

591783 Potch
0 Soldiers
4561620 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nah, Pacemakers would be a horrible way to spy on us. I mean anyone who needs a pacemaker won't be doing anything that note worthy. Also I'd say they could do better than pacemakers. Come on, pacemakers... if that's the worst thing their using to spy on us then I'm not worried at all. ^^

Come on government! Think of better ways to control us! I know some ways... but this post might get deleted if I said them.

Delsaber

New Gaien Wildcards

132495 Potch
1660 Soldiers
2625 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:
The short novel, 'Ninteen Eighty-Four' by George Orwell. A classic of English literature.

"So basically what Orwell was trying to say was, 'it's not perfect, but I'll take it.'"

First there's the quest for research funding, then there's the actual research, lengthy and numerous rounds of testing, deployment into military or aerospace applications exclusively, another quest for funding and sponsers, more testing... I doubt we'll see anything resembling a consumer-based cybernetic implant - in the brain or otherwise - for decades.

Last edited by Delsaber on Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Inko

Nikostratos

629196 Potch
5000 Soldiers
465 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

hmm... If someone can us it to track you, wouldn't it be possible that someone can get in to mees up your mind? there are people out there who could do it i'm sure...
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only way any sort of tracking device could be used to "mess up your mind" at present is if someone got electronically tagged as a criminal for some reason and I, suddenly becoming a police officer with the authority to check such things, used the tag to find them and smash a baseball bat through their head.

Messing with your mind in the most direct way, I suppose.

Guess what, kiddies? We're not in Star Trek/Wars/Gate/BSG yet.
Delsaber

New Gaien Wildcards

132495 Potch
1660 Soldiers
2625 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As awesome as BSG is, who would wanna live in that universe? 97% of us would be dead, 2% near-death from radiation poisoning, and everyone else doomed to play the same game of future-poker with the same deck of octagonal cards for the rest of their lives. Fun in the sun.

There was something on The Daily Show last night about a guy who implanted a chip in his hand which can open locks and whatnot. Seems kind of redundant to me, but I guess I'm not scientist.
zincbrain

Uttuku

441117 Potch
200 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A computer chip in the brain seems unethical to me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: