Suikoden Unique and Irrational Kriegspiel Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

History?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: History? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Can someone tell me how the nations have progressed since phase 1? How they changed each phase, all added territories and lost territories, etc? Easiest way to do this would be to list the nations with the territories they held during each phase, or the territories with what nations controlled them. There is something I intend to do with all this data.

Actually, if the maps from earlier are still on file somewhere, that would be even better, now that I think about it.

Sword Brothers

6894145 Potch
200 Soldiers
91 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

There's some histories and information on some nation's progress in Eike's Library. I doubt you'll find anyone with just a complete list of all the territories held by which nation from every phase, someone might have all the maps from each phase but Sars doesn't host them all from phase 1 to now as far as I'm aware.

You'll be a bit lucky if someone volunteers all the maps to you and if that doesn't happen the only way to work it out is to go through all of the battles and explorations that have occured since phase 1, I would think.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay -
The worst is death, and death will have his day.
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Things like this can be asked from the senior members of your nation, particularly the nation leader and other leaders of your nation. In your case, you may ask Parallax. And Wiseman will know this too. Besides, if you view Eike's Library and the Battlefield, you'll pretty much see the whole history of the nation system.

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Axiose

Altruistic Apparitions

100019091 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you check the Battlefield (as suggested) and also the Explorations and Raids forum which will contain all new regions found via explorations - then that should give you a fair idea.

Mind if I ask what you're wanting the information for? I am hoping that someone has the information as it might be quite interesting to see how things have progressed, but I'm more interested in the maps.

[Axiose] [Fliktor]
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Indeed, I too am curious as to the reason you are compiling such information. I think I still have a list of all of Zexen's former territories somewhere. And the Budehuc Castle will surely contain several informative tidbits.

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, I wanted to know as well. I had a plan to make a flash that shows the transition of the regions on the map and the updates to it and I had some screen shots from various phases but then I realized a crucial fact. I don't have flash. I don't know how to use it either. Always a flaw in my plans...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Acheron wrote:
Yeah, I wanted to know as well. I had a plan to make a flash that shows the transition of the regions on the map and the updates to it and I had some screen shots from various phases but then I realized a crucial fact. I don't have flash. I don't know how to use it either. Always a flaw in my plans...

That could put a damper on a plan such as yours :D
Vextor

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In such cases, you need a plan such as "get flash" and then "learn how to use flash."
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wouldn't advise a flash if you were just going for a straight switching of different maps to show how things change. It'd like swatting a fly with a missle, really. If you were adding affects or whatever, then sure, but otherwise, you'd be better off making it an animated .gif.

Well, erm, if you can, of course.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Ninjar

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Even I can do that. All you need is program. Then you upload the pictures into it as gifs. Then you choose the time elapsed between changes (Well not with all of them, Some choose for you :\).

I've only used crappy programs for it though.
Yvl

Sanctus

55224 Potch
1063 Soldiers
12421 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Psh, seriously? I have to look stuff up?!

I wouldn't get your hopes up, but since you are asking, I am considering making a map of the world each phase. I've been known to start things and never finish though, and my technology skills are... lacking. Still, I think I can do it if I try, but that's a big if.

The reason simply being because I like to see how the battle has progressed from stage to stage.

Oh, and if I do it, it WILL be in bitmap, unless someone figures out for me how to make it not bitmap. *bites map*

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yvl wrote:
Psh, seriously? I have to look stuff up?!

I wouldn't get your hopes up, but since you are asking, I am considering making a map of the world each phase. I've been known to start things and never finish though, and my technology skills are... lacking. Still, I think I can do it if I try, but that's a big if.

The reason simply being because I like to see how the battle has progressed from stage to stage.

Oh, and if I do it, it WILL be in bitmap, unless someone figures out for me how to make it not bitmap. *bites map*

ive told you how many times how to change image formats from bitmap using how many programs?

*pimpslaps*

pay attention me boy and you might learn something =P

John Layfield wrote:
I wouldn't advise a flash if you were just going for a straight switching of different maps to show how things change. It'd like swatting a fly with a missle, really. If you were adding affects or whatever, then sure, but otherwise, you'd be better off making it an animated .gif.

Well, erm, if you can, of course

Last time i used an animated gif for a simple text wave i needed 45 screens just so it wouldnt look choppy, the amount of slides in something that would have numerous changes per phase and the amount of data it would hold would be enormous if you dont get the right program to monitor the slides. And judging by what i know of yvls pc skillz, chances of that happening are zero without help.

The Shins

247440 Potch
1500 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

eXistence of Fly wrote:
John Layfield wrote:

Last time i used an animated gif for a simple text wave i needed 45 screens just so it wouldnt look choppy, the amount of slides in something that would have numerous changes per phase and the amount of data it would hold would be enormous if you dont get the right program to monitor the slides. And judging by what i know of yvls pc skillz, chances of that happening are zero without help.

I volunteer you to help him :D
Masaya

Flying Fusillades

222963 Potch
75 Soldiers
3635 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know..from a personal perspective..I've noticed alot of changes within Harmonia. I've noticed our nation leader has changed 3 times..however true interal control changed like 5 times..The age and number of people and active people in Harmonia as changed dramastically. I still remember the days when Max and Kobold..and Stratigist.. and Saben lol..

Anyways if you want to see a big change. Check out the battles and the amount of troops and how they were fought each phase. You can almost pick out what was implimented as time went on.

Pointy Sticks & Ponies!

1151694 Potch
7700 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ninjar wrote:
eXistence of Fly wrote:
John Layfield wrote:

I volunteer you to help him :D

The only thing id be doing to help him is pointing him in the right direction, everything else including the correlating and ordering he can keep far to himself =P Plus who are you that you can volunteer me just like that....if your like femaily i demand years of backpayments now mister!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Budehuc Castle All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: