Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Kraalesque Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

How about a useful Narcissist?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cedric

Sol Ciel

472542 Potch
200 Soldiers
62 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: How about a useful Narcissist? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Bring back Milich Oppenheimer! We need other Narcies like him.

It's people like good-old Milich that make me cherish the Suikoden series so much. At first glance this guy looks like a rodeo clown. Who on earth could ever take this guy seriously? I remember the first time playing Suikoden 1, I saw him over at his house. Just by looking at his portrait and his cabinets, I was thinking "O.k. why is there someone like him in this game".

But then came the whole Kunan event. Not only did he obliterate the Liberation Army with Antoinette, he was also responsible for killing Gremio. And just to add to all this, he imprisoned Liukan as well. I didn't see that coming from the rodeo clown all the way back in the beginning. And make all the arguments you want about the Conqueror Rune controlling him, the fact is that this guy meant business. He even convinced Kazim Hazil to join your side when you lay siege to Moravia. Milich proved that just because you look a certain way, it doesn't mean that you are useless. He may have used his frilly nature to his advantage. It's really not much of a stretch.

However, it's all downhill from there. Vincent is practically a freeloader who's afraid of Viktor. Esmeralda is useless. Augustine, while good in battle, doesn't seem to have a storyline at all. Simone is pretty much Vincent. Reinbach is a fraud. And Josephine is just a runaway rich girl. Narcissists are now a joke.

I can't be the only person hoping that the next game will treat them seriously. Just give them a village of their own and have one of their head generals join the Stars of Destiny. That will at least solidify their existence and make them useful to the grand scheme of things.

Does anyone else agree?

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Agree about the village thing? Not especially. But I do agree that the Narcissists were vastly underdone in the last few games. I found them battle-worthy in I, III, and V, but Milich was almost the only one that had much of any good storyline involvement. Granted, it's hard to do when you have 108+ characters, but if they're going to go through the effort of putting one in every game, bring the Narcissist music back, and make sure to point them out at all, then treating them as just some sort of random join character you never hear from again makes little sense to me.

I wouldn't say I'd be overjoyed and always use him/her if VI had a Narcissist in one of the leading roles, but I wouldn't be disappointed if they were.

Dawlight

147042 Potch
53 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You have a piont we need better narccisist, but really the only ones i don't like are esmeralda and augustine they disgust me, and simone and josephine have became two of my most favorite narccisist, but maybe the next narccisist/s might be strong, good at magic and know balley!
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Reinbach III actually had a decent amount of... well, necessity in Suikoden IV, relative to the other narcissists. It was actually a little disappointing that he was portrayed as such a character.

I kind of want to go back to the days when the narcissists were absolutely gawdy and totally outspoken, because Augustine just didn't have the same charm that Simone and Vincent had. Both Simone and Vincent were totally useless, but they had that gawdy, totally useless narcissistic charm. Reinbach totally lacked that (did you hear his voice in battle?) The harper, Etienne, was hardly a narcissist, although I think she was supposed to fill that gap a bit.

We need more narccisists who have tea, sit around during critical times of the war, and eat scones while criticising the hero's attire and commenting on the horrible castle decour. It would be nice to see one of the narcissists redecorate one of the rooms; you'd think that a narccisist would also make a good "museum caretaker" (who manages your statues and stuff), or maybe would trade in fine antiques.
hotspot

Dawlight

147042 Potch
53 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm pretty sure Etienne is a boy, but it doesn't really matter.
They have to go back to the narccisists that now colors!! like milich and simone and vincent, i want to see red, yellow, pink ooh and don't forget purple!!( pierre from chrono cross wore purple) not dull green and blue and white!

Is it bad to like narccisists? no i know it's okay to like them.( Exept for augustine!!! :wink: )
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

All the Narcies were useful, Gameplay-wise. Milich was decent, plus Vincent WAS great. If you knew how to use him, that is. Simone was probably kinda meh-ish, hell he using a rose. A ROSE.

Augustine had exceptional Parrying skills. Very exceptional. He's probably on top of the list. Reinbach, considering the fact that there were a gazillion generics out there in 4, he quite stood out as "some fancy swordsman who has a unique rune", so that was . . . . useful. A bit. Josephine WOULD be good, stupid S-Range Parasol.

Story-wise, I'd like to see a narcisst as a lord of a town of . . . . .narcissists. I actually thought that haud Village was along the lines of that, but unfortunately it was not. Nevertheless, you could try and save his town from the opposing army, and ask him to join you. Always works, I guess.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
hotspot

Dawlight

147042 Potch
53 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think that's a great idea ( a town of narccisists) think of it now, looking for ones that are recruitable in a colorful town with everybody looking wierd and at the same time cool.
Milich Oppenheimer

La Rose Noire

175976 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ah, but monsieur Ced, I never left! You see, I'm here even now!

I do believe that other narcissists of my calibur are rare in these latter days of Suikoden. In fact, in order to remedy this situation, perhaps it would be best if I, Milich Oppenheimer, greatest of all narcissists, were to return directly to the game!

For, is it not so that no one can surpass my greatness? After all, the rest of the narcissists just kind of stood around. I killed Gremio! I kidnapped Liukan! I rode around on a dragon for one scene in the game which never re-appeared for no discernible reason!

I AM narcissism.
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Reinbach II is a pretty serious person eventhough he got a narccist blood running through his veins... :roll:

well, a useful narcisst is a good idea too especially is they are very useful in war battles, like they could wipe off a unit with one of their specialty or something like that :)
Zelphiel

Apophis Berserkers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ced the Lad wrote:
Bring back Milich Oppenheimer! We need other Narcies like him.

I agree... but not really because he was a beast in war battles. At least when he was being controlled by Windy anyway.

I would want another one like him because he was the strongest attacker out of all of them in every game. I wouldn't mind if Suikoden VI had about 5 or 6 Narcissists to recruit just for the funny scenes that would happen with them in the HQ.

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't care much about the Narcissists anyway. For me, I think they were just put in there for comic relief. I never even thought of them being useful except on when it comes to being the most beautiful or handsome. But there was one Narcissist I found to be very useful in combat though. That was Augustine from Suikoden III.
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

A useful Tenkai Narcissist! how does that sound! :mrgreen:
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Flamo Bringer wrote:
A useful Tenkai Narcissist! how does that sound! :mrgreen:

No... just no. If ever we get another silent hero, a Narcissist Tenkai just wouldnt work. I don't like the idea of a silent narcissist hero. It will definitely look strange if the Tenkai acts flambuoyantly, dresses like a clown, and be obssesively in love with himself while not saying any word.

And if we won't get a silent hero, a Narcissist Tenkai would just annoy the hell out of me. A Tenkai is supposed to be respected and act as a great leader. A Narcissist wouldn't just fit in the description of a Tenkai. It would look as though the Tenkai's army is a joke for having a clown-looking Narcissist as their leader.
Zachwie

The Guillotine Order

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The hero from V had outifts that made him look like a clown, heh. It would be hard to make the Tenkai a narcissist because you are making the choices for them, although certain obvious choices must be made.

They could make the Tenkai a narcissist in the the beginning, and then over the course of the game he/she changes and adapts to become the great leader they are always known as.
Captain Hero

Forsaken Elites

194469 Potch
361 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It's pretty difficult to have a narcissist hero, because narcissists tend to talk a lot, which defeats the purpose of having a silent hero.

On the other hand, I would definitely like a narcissist body guard. It would be awesome to meet the game's narcissist at the very beginning of the game, and he or she is involved in the storyline deeply. :D I actually thought that this situation was going to happen in Suikoden IV, but the Reinbach just slipped into the shadows during the middle part of the game.

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: