Suikoden Ugly and Illegal Kriegspiel Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

which one do you like better? Eresh or Euram?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Eresh or Euram
Eresh
50%
 50%  [ 39 ]
Euram
44%
 44%  [ 34 ]
Neither of them i don't like either of em
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
I thought it was one of them make um up characters?
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 77

Cupil

68022 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I got Eresh the first time to get that Epic at the end of her dungeon. She's very cute, but all she does in your castle is hang around in the library. Never says much of anything new ever. But I would love to see her again in another installment.

Out of the two, I preferred Euram he seemed better suited for the overall plot in V. It was really nice to see Luserina happy, and it was good to read the comments in the CB about how Euram went around the base to make amends for his misdeeds. My only gripe though, is that he's such a downer after you recruit him. While he did have reason to act that way at the time, I hope he cheered up sometime after V's story.
zincbrain

Uttuku

441117 Potch
200 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Eresh was cool because of his magic and euram was useless because he can't fight ith you in combat and only played a minor role in war battles.
runemaster

The Arrows Of New Armes

11500 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I picked Eresh because her magic just seems to be a lot more helpfull than some guy who can do nothing.

uwangski

Lilly's Loyal Guards

701224 Potch
200 Soldiers
32 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

runemaster wrote:
I picked Eresh because her magic just seems to be a lot more helpfull than some guy who can do nothing.

Euram Barows can annoy you. Therefore, he can do something. :twisted:

I picked Eresh.

Stupid Sexy Flanders!

1757439 Potch
4444 Soldiers
4225 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I picked Eresh first, but then I realized that I had Zerase, Jeane, Levi, Viki, and a plethora of other magicians at my disposal. While I liked the whole Old Armes adventure (that music is hauntingly beautiful), I didn't really have a need to use Eresh after that.

Plus, she is stingy with her runes. I wanted to put them on other characters, but Mrs. Thang wasn't having any of that.

Not all ninja codes are brewed equally. Here at Shinobi, we use the choicest Bavarian hops that are ripened to perfection. One sip and we will have you saying...nothing.
Hyuga

Wanderer

2519 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

While Eresh may be a better character than Euram because of her stats, she is WAY outclassed by other mages such as Viki, Zerase, Jeane and Levi. With only one rune slot and two permanent runes (which aren't very useful) I find Eresh to be an average mage compared to the others.

Euram, on the other hand, is by far the funniest character I have ever seen in the Suikoden series. He never fails to crack me up every time he messes up with his silly plans to "sully" the prince's name. He was a pansy when you first meet him but when you do recruit him, you will see the great change in him.

So, I only chose Eresh on my first playthrough (only to get the Epic Skill) and Euram on the following playthroughs.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Euram has much more relevance to the story, but Eresh sheds some light on the Old Armes Kingdom and Jeane. Euram actually has a personality while Eresh can be used in gameplay. Theres ups and downs either way, but from a storyline prespective and one that would end up being canon if Konami ever did choose, it would be Euram. The star they share is "The Star of Wealth" afterall.
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I originally chose Eresh all the time. Despite being a pretty limited mage, she's still pretty good and has a good MAG stat to make up for the locked-in Rune slots.

However, after I actually recruited Euram, I started recruiting him whenever possible. He's much more relevant to the plot, and I really liked how he changed into a much more serious and likeable character. Even his portraits changed!

Haia's Star Pupil

678159 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would say that Euram is more useful all around but its not really true. Eresh was a bit weird and other than the dungeon and boss you got to fight because of her there wasn't much to like. Sure she was usable in normal battles where Euram was was not, it was kinda sad because he would have been a great narcissus type character but anyway...

In war battles personally I think Euram is more useful. He has the "Rumors" ability I believe which is a big hit to your opposition defense. Pair him up with a 5 star general like Wilhelm and you'll be smashing opponents for more than 100 damage on a regular attack, Rumors IMO is one of the best third slot abilities of the war system. It does suck though that you only get Euram right before the last battles, and in those battles your units are so locked down its not funny.. I mean when there's not even room for Wilhelm in your lineup because of all the horribly laid out default units, you know something's wrong.

In terms of story there's no competition, Euram is there the whole way and it ends his story nicely the way that he comes around and after leaving his father's shadow mans up and becomes a good person. Eresh is just another Jeane/Zerase/Yuber/Pesmerga character that says next to nothing and only confuses things more than giving you answers.

So my vote goes to Euram, he's probably less useful in the grander scheme of things, but I never used Eresh in battle either so IMO she might as well be a non-fighter.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I picked Euram, mainly for storyline purposes. Eresh's dungeon is nice, but once you've gotten the Sacred Oath Epic skill, there's really no need to get her again. Zerase is a far better mage, in my opnion, and has more useful skills. If Eresh had shed some more light on Jeane or something, then that would be one thing. But she's just another Jeane in terms of character development. At least Euram had some depth to his character. ^^;
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

How come most people seem to hate Euram? He's just too funny to hate!

Anyway, I voted for Euram. I know he started as a brat and a pansy but when you do recruit him, you will see the great change in him. He has grown more mature and developed a nice character near the end of the game. Also, he never fails to make me laugh. No one has ever made me laugh in a game like I did with Euram. He was just too comical for me to hate.

As for Eresh, I never found her useful at all in battle. She is permanently stuck with three crappy runes which makes her inferior to mages such as Jeane, Viki, Zerase and Levi. Her permanent runes restrict her from using a Magic+Magic Drain+Thunder rune combo thus making her weaker than the rest.

Mages aren't that much useful in Suikoden V anyway. I already have a handful of mages with the ones I mentioned before.
Tullaryx

Custodiae Corvi

4092785 Potch
200 Soldiers
20 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I picked Eresh just for the fact that Euram annoyed the hell out of me and thus deserved the fate he probably got for what his father did. Plus, I already recruited the more useful and more pleasing to the eye Barows in Luserina. Recruiting Eresh also opened up one of the more hilarious, a risque hot bath scripts in the game. Sailor Sexy knows which one I be talking about. :*laugh*:

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I feel unique - it only says there's one fellow who voted for the fourth option, and that was me!

You can't blame me, there wasn't any choice that said i liked them both anyway. :P

Anyhow, I used to have abit of mixed thought about Euram. Up until Sable, in which he was the comic relief. His change of heart really struck through me, though - I kinda liked it. He doesn't add anything new to the battlefield, but hey, another expendable unit. Plus, like others said, he fits much much better than Eresh plot-wise.

Eresh, on the other hand, I liekd her mysteriousness. Her manner of speech . . . . . is also cool. And, I want to know more about her, so yeah. add the fact that she's also a good Magician, and I deem it too close to call between Eresh and Euram. :P

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Lord Rengo

The Magus' Army

33445 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I chose Euram. I've only played through Suikoden V once, so I haven't even seen Eresh yet. However, by the end of my first playthough I just wanted to finish the game and didn't want to do any extra side quest. I loved the game, but it was too long. Obviously Euram was directly connected with the story, while Eresh wasn't. Plus, I already had 3 mages in my party for the final battle: Jeane, Zerase, and Levi. If I knew about the super power rune combination to make characters do 10,000,000,000,000 damage per turn, I might not have brought magic users, but I didn't, so I did.

On my next playthrough, I will be getting Eresh, though.
ard

Einherjar

804051 Potch
178 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I have to go with Eresh even though i completely missed her on my first playthrough. Euram is just a pathetic being (even though his stunts crack me up most of the time). Still, i wouldn't dare letting him join in my army. Maybe ecause i felt a little bit sorry for him in the end when Salum was killed but even then, i would still prefer Eresh. She can't be half as bad as Euram.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: