Suikoden Uncouth and Irenic Kibbutz Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

which one do you like better? Eresh or Euram?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Eresh or Euram
Eresh
50%
 50%  [ 39 ]
Euram
44%
 44%  [ 34 ]
Neither of them i don't like either of em
3%
 3%  [ 3 ]
I thought it was one of them make um up characters?
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 77

hotspot

Dawlight

147042 Potch
53 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 6:10 pm    Post subject: which one do you like better? Eresh or Euram? Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Now since we know or all should know you have to choose either eresh or euram in suikoden 5 , sadly i missed them the first playthrough but i got eresh the second time .
Eresh becuase she fights , i was very dissapointed to find out euram doesn't fight in normal battles i mean for some guy named pete's sake! you fight him! ( i know this becuase i was able to obtain the strategy guide book)

There isn't anything like this post is there? even if there is, this one is more of a once you have recruited them type of question.
MMan9000

Animal Rangers

3075764 Potch
275 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'll go with Eresh, mainly because she is one of the best mages in the game. She has high affinities with nearly every rune, and she even might beat Zerase out in terms of sheer magic.

Euram, although he was entertaining to watch, wouldn't contribute anything to the team, and he did get on my last nerve by the end of the game...

Official Smoke Bomb User

Space For Rent. Contact Me for Details
Lunarblade

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

LOL at the person who picked Euram. Eresh, by far.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

During my first playthrough, I picked Eresh, solely for getting the Sacred Oath Epic skill. She has the highest magic stat out in the game, but she had too many limitations, and Levi, Bernadette and Zerase still outdid her in terms of damage since they could equip Alert and Magical runes at the same time, while Eresh can only equip one of them. Plus, she couldn't equip the Magic Absorb Rune, and she always ended up in my reserves because of her limited MP. I never even got the chance to use much of her either because the other magicians had magic absorb and could easily replenish their MP. Besides, I enjoy using more physical characters like Georg, Cathari, etc. As for her story, I am quite intrigued, but not like overly crazy. In war battles, Thunder's not really the best skill. It's like a weak version of Star. Blah.

Euram is a good choice for storyline purposes. He was like the Snowe of this game. Actually, he was a better Snowe in lots of aspects, except the last part of his story, which was quite weak. I was quite disappointed that he didn't become a fighting character. Heck, even if he had crappy stats and skills, I would have used him just for the hell of it, but *sigh* you can't... His war ability, Rumours, is the best support ability, but it's not really worth getting him just to utilize this skill, because you get him so late in the game already. Plus, you have other characters like Oboro, Fuyo and Taylor, who you can get much much earlier in the game, who boast the same skill.

Either way, I picked Euram, because of the depth of his character, even if his reasons for joining the army felt weak and suddenly forced. I'm tired of enigmas like Eresh. I mean, sure, she's a powerful magician, but you have other powerful magicians too. There's really nothing else, except that scene with Lelei in the baths. Besides, picking Euram makes Luserina happy. :)

Edit: Actually, you know what, scratch everything. I really just picked Euram because of Luserina. :? Kidding, of course!

Last edited by Justice Johnny on Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Acheron

Stonewall Brigade

172597 Potch
200 Soldiers
1325 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Euram was too whiney for my taste and Eresh was cooler.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Jorge Prima

La Raza de Héroes y Protectores de Osito

938390 Potch
1120 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As much charater goes Euram, won my heart, sure he's an idiot, but a cool one. It's just amazes me how much he tries to "sully" Prince's name and fails.

Of course, I picked Eresh my first play through, because of her amazing mage skilly.

J et J

Angelus on Aftershave wrote:
But it stings SO GOOD.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Sai Fujiwara

Executors of Divine Providence

22038 Potch
0 Soldiers
5678 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Oh please, why would you pick Eresh anyway? I felt "forced" to pick her just to get that epic skill, which (like Highwind already said) was the only real reason to pick her up. I mean, the putz talks in third person, and is overal just not very likeable.

Euram, on the other hand, is much more amusing and animated. Euram is far more entertaining thatn Eresh, even if you can't use him in battles, which really isn't that big a deal. As far as usefulness goes, I can see why Eresh would be picked, but that reasoning in itself is kinda lame and boring... I mean, Suikoden will always have a decent amount of useful characters to choose from, but rarely does the series have someone so silly and amusing like Euram.

Euram wins in my book. Hands down. :D

Happily Married to the Lovely Lady Chris Lightfellow! :D
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5684336 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I went with Eresh the first time, but after that I went with Euram. I continue to stick by that decision for many of the reasons already named. I think he has a lot more depth and I find him interesting. Much more than Eresh at least. Besides, you kind of have to feel for the guy when his father is killed right in front of him. My only wish is that he could have participated in normal battles. I bet some interesting cooperative attacks could have been thought up.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i would pick Eresh though....
her magics ability is really helping out....
and by the way, you can have a new dungeon to level up (or discover if you are Lorelai :P )
Fudozukushi

The Fudozukushi Minion Army!

1081375 Potch
250 Soldiers
143 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I picked Eresh in my odd numbered playthroughs and Euram in my even numbered ones. I prefer Euram just for sheer comic relief, honestly no other character made me laugh so much and quote so many times.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i liked them both.

eresh cause you got a cool scene with jeane in the underground ruins.

euram just cause his scene was funny and it seems better for storyline purpose to me.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
sybillious

Ebony Moon Knights

981865 Potch
59 Soldiers
60 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

eresh; she has a thunder skill on the battlefield which does quite a fair amount of damage. pair her with jeane and any other character that has two rages, you get a kick ass mage squad.

while during play, she wasn't that impressive, and the whole 'third person' was a bit weird, the optional dungeon made for a decent playthrough/time killer, as well as levelling up other characters.

euram would end up gutted, if i were a game character; that mincing twit deserves to follow his equally useless and smarmy daddy into pixellated heaven. (the gushing over lymsleia was nauseating!)

gotta gotta get a...SPICE WEASEL!

to paraphrase my fellow mod, parallax:
I hate my job with the passionately burning intensity of a thousand fiery suns.
Jossef

Beshennye Berserki

95809 Potch
200 Soldiers
23 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I picked Eresh in the hope that if I did, I would get the option to execute him like the good old days of Suikoden 1. Oh how I long for that satisfying sound of execution.

Anyway, I hated Euram Barows with a passion, his worthless and annoying attempts to "sully" your name was nothing short of petty and annoying and I had no desire to redeem him. Only death alongside his father would have been provided me with satisfaction.

Anyway, Eresh intrigues me. I'm curious as to why she speaks of herself in third person as it suggests some other entity or being is affiliated with her. Also, she reminds me greatly of Ershin in Breath of Fire IV, whose character and story I thoroughly enjoyed. I'm also hoping that Eresh and Jeane will be explained in greater detail in Suikodens to come as I think they both have the potential to have a very intriguing storyline.

So Eresh gets my vote.

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Euram. He actually, you know, figures into the plot and has a personality.

Eresh's ability to remind me of similar, better characters (Ershin - Breath of Fire IV) does not endear me to her.

Euram has a life story, it isn't a particulary happy one and it isn't full of excitment, thrills of even the type of emotional development that makes for good literature. But that's a good thing, not everyone in the Suikoden world should have a thrilling life and a noble goal deep down.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

John Layfield wrote:
Euram. He actually, you know, figures into the plot and has a personality.

Eresh's ability to remind me of similar, better characters (Ershin - Breath of Fire IV) does not endear me to her.

Euram has a life story, it isn't a particulary happy one and it isn't full of excitment, thrills of even the type of emotional development that makes for good literature. But that's a good thing, not everyone in the Suikoden world should have a thrilling life and a noble goal deep down.

Yeah Euram is definately the Snowe of Suikoden 5, I was actually surprised you can't use him in battle, since you do actually fight him (even though hes weaker than the 5 bandits that surround him).

Eresh is nice to get just to go deeper into the ruins and get confused by that floating pyramid known as Shade (King Shade perhaps? :P), and has strong magic abilities.

For the storyline though, Euram is pretty good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: