Suikoden Uncanny and Informational Kriegspiel Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

what do you want to see in new suikodens, that are in suikodens alread
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hotspot

Dawlight

147042 Potch
53 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: what do you want to see in new suikodens, that are in suikod Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What would you like to see that are in suikodens , like the battle systems or certain runes.

I want to see the sun rune in a lower form, it would be so cool to disinigrate your enemies in a fire bubble! a dawn and twilight rune form if it's possible.
I hope they bring back the tactics system.
I want them to have all the true runes lower forms in one new
suikoden including that new true rune lower form itself!
I'd like to see more boomerang users, i think they should make the characters stronger like they did in suikoden 1 and 2.

That's all i can think of right now.
Vertius

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The things I want to see again from future titles are a great story, and plenty of memorable and returning characters. Perhaps a better War Battle system. If it's possible to improve the Duel system any further, I'd like to see it. Finally, I'd like to see the skill system of Suikoden V return, but the ability to equip more skills.

Ordo Lusus

167874 Potch
250 Soldiers
180 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I agree with Vertius, and I believe everyone would, that having a great story and memorable/returning characters is what made me love this series. If they dont have those in the next one, I dont know if I'd buy it :P . I want to see some more duels tho, One thing Iwas thinking was if they had a dojo like in IV that was duels instead of team battles. I'd love to see something like that. I really loved the Chinchinorin of the first two games, made it so much easier to make some money, I'd like to see that again if possible.

"I think we are blind. Blind people who can see, but do not see."
hotspot

Dawlight

147042 Potch
53 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I want to see someone use a scooter as a weapon, those things can act like a weapon . Or in other words things that aren't weapons that can act like weapons.
SirYuber

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Vertius wrote:
The things I want to see again from future titles are a great story, and plenty of memorable and returning characters. Perhaps a better War Battle system. If it's possible to improve the Duel system any further, I'd like to see it. Finally, I'd like to see the skill system of Suikoden V return, but the ability to equip more skills.

i agree!, and no weapon starts with level 1 and crap armor, IMPORTANT!
no potch limit would also be nice, and finally, make the game harder! more hp to the bosses, they MAY attack more then once in a turn, and too many rune slots on too many characters

"Then I will put an end to your misery.You, the successor to the 27 true Runes, will be granted your eternal slumber.Don't you feel honored?"
Flamo Bringer

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The good timeline and a connecting story with one of the Suikodens, like Suikoden 1 and 2 which we can see the previous hero again and use him which is very useful :mrgreen:
Andarc

Lightning halberd

154551 Potch
143 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It should take place before hikusaak established Harmonia......circle rune anyone?

Ice Dragons

3650446 Potch
194 Soldiers
100 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Andarc wrote:
It should take place before hikusaak established Harmonia......circle rune anyone?

Holy Crap! Why didn't anyone think of that before! Wow we're all idiots!

Something thats been sen in Suikoden before that I want to see again? Wonderful. I think the Dectective thing has always been a wonderful thing, especially when done with pertinent information. Oboro and Richmond know how to perform an investigation. The confession room thing in IV was interesting but hardly as informative as the Suikoden II detective agency. Kidd was the master of stating the obvious. I'd have him investigate someone and he tells me what they ate for lunch or some crap. Thats not what I want to know about Watari. Nor do I need you to tell me he has some sort of connection with Ayame. Stupid Kidd. At least recruiting him was funny and humorous.

Lets see, what else. A narcissist who has a large impact on the storyline. We don't need someone quite as impacting as Milich Oppenheimer or anything but maybe he could be the pesron who lends you his castle to use as a base for your army or something. Of course in exchange for finding his precious Rose Brooch, haha.

I want there to be Ducks and Lizards. Heck I'll take Nays again too. We have plenty of cool races and I'd love to see these one game only races make a comeback and be in other parts of the world. I would think that they'd travel and be in other places besides where they are native to. I know the Wingers were in two different games, but I want to see them again. Not just one character but like another gathering of them.

The skill system of III and V were good but I think it can be done better. I loved both but I'm sure they can improve upon it. I would definitely love to see that make its grand entrance again as well. I enjoyed making my characters the way I wanted them to, within certain boundaries.

Fantasy Football (NFL) Sign Ups in Sports Forum!
Andarc

Lightning halberd

154551 Potch
143 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

RedCydranth wrote:
Andarc wrote:

At least recruiting him was funny and humorous.

A bit redundant, no?
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

RedCydranth wrote:
Oboro and Richmond know how to perform an investigation.

Rubbish. Oboro tells you nothing you don't already know and, in fact, sometimes refuses to investigate a character until you find out new information about them in-game only for his investigation to regurgitate that information back at you! Wow!

Richmond was the only good detective, ever, in terms of unearthing information on your allies.

So, I say, bring back Richmond's style of investigation, complete with the Name/Age/Origin/Position report.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Spoiler

While Oboro was an awesome man in the Storyline sense, his profession is badly taken. Take for example:

quote = Kisara serves as Raja's aide. She's also Logg's wife and Lun's
mother.

Why, thank you.

I pay detectives to learn secrets about people. Not to know stuff that's already too obvious like that.

Bring back the Dice game! No, seriously. Bring that thing back. :*laugh*:

Quote:
*I was informed this was a spoiler, and i haven't played suikoden V yet so i refused to read this post and spoilered the whole thing, if another mod who has played can edit this to spoiler the things that are appropriate, much appreciated thanks*

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Sydnee

Gender Bender

52300 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I want some returning characters even if it's only a cameo (Oh please..I really want to see old characters)
Bring back the damn first person view! This is all I ever wanted......
Cooking contest!!!!! I just love the cooking contest in Suikoden II. T^T
More adorable characters, more handome guys XD
More Jeanne and Viki!!!!!!!

You've given the other things that I'd like to see in the future. :D (I'm too lazy to remember the things that I want to tell...)

~ Securing the safety of mone---I mean uhh...people of Island Nations ~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Delsaber

New Gaien Wildcards

132495 Potch
1660 Soldiers
2625 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In my own professional opinion, Suikoden V got it pretty much nailed. The only improvements I can really think of would be an enhanced camera, such as what Konami did with Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence. Hell, I'd even take some basic viewpoint preferences in the options menu. I often found myself wishing that the story sequences made use of the mid-range or closest camera zoom.

A few more little things would be nice. An option for Japanese voiceovers with English subtitles, perhaps. The return of Chinchirorin. Some kind of minor internet connectivity, such as what Sega had going for Skies of Arcadia on the Dreamcast which consisted mostly of bonus weapons, but also a couple minor locations and items. Or maybe just a Suikoden III-style minimap. In Suikoden V, I was stuck in a certain location for so long that I came out of there with eight million more potch than I had when I entered. Note to self: buy Escape Scrolls.
Hyuga

Wanderer

2519 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I totally agree with Mr. Delsaber here. Suikoden V pretty much got it nailed. With a few minor tweaks, Suikoden might have reached the level of perfection in this installment.

What I would like to see in future Suikodens is a good camera. This is the one big flaw that V had. Suikoden IV got it right with the implementation of a 1st person view.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hyuga wrote:
I totally agree with Mr. Delsaber here. Suikoden V pretty much got it nailed. With a few minor tweaks, Suikoden might have reached the level of perfection in this installment.

What I would like to see in future Suikodens is a good camera. This is the one big flaw that V had. Suikoden IV got it right with the implementation of a 1st person view.

I actually liked the way the developers went back to nostalgic times with the camera angle, it made the game seem like Suikoden I or II, I really liked it, things in the game were easier to see around the character thanks to this. Although I did think the three variations of zoom we had on the prince were completely useless, zooming in as much as you can makes you run into walls and completely lose your way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: