Suikoden Unique and Irrational Keystone Objective Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Al Qaeda leader in Iraq killed
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leb

Pizza Toppings

497133 Potch
936 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Okay, I need a translator. Is Flamo Bringer speaking spanish or what.
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

his post might have been a bit cryptic and probably required some explanation, but there's no need to be ruuuuude about it
Scarlet Assassin

Disciples of Death

331436 Potch
0 Soldiers
2442517 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Flamo Bringer wrote:
they just wanna rule over other countries to get their nature resources like fuel etc...
and the other thing is that Bin Laden hid some kind of virus which could make people suffer in weeks and then die...
it's very dangerous and America don't want that kind of virus to spread everywhere...

Actually Arcana he's just using speculation. Stuff like America is only in Iraq for oil (Yeah Flamo, we're rolling in oil over here, we've taken it all and we're actually drinking it. Oil prices aren't higher for us then they've ever been at all.) and saying that somehow he knows that Bin Laden has some sort of virus that America is avoiding by not pursuing him directly, but rather vicariously through his charges. However, I might be giving him too much credit and he could just be rambling, that's just how I took what he said.

In which case, I detest war for oil statements. We haven't taken oil. The oil fields are untouched. All you have to do is look at oil prices, which by the way dropped below 70 US dollars a barrel upon news of Zarqawi's death, to see that we don't have a surplus of oil that we've been invading fertile countries for. And as far as Bin Laden and the virus go, rumors spread everywhere all the time about stuff like that, you can't reall know what's true and what's not so it's best to just believe what you want but not present it as fact without any evidence.

No need to jump on the Duke there Arcana, we're all friends here, he was just confused, right Leb?

Chief of Beat-em-up Honeys Division, Devoted Protector of Lady Tifa Lockhart
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Eden

Private Godwin Army

558571 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What does this death mean? Everybody who doesn't want this war and who isn't for this kind of tactic has lost an enemy who was dangerous, because he was a fanatic who believes in killing for his god. He wasn't the brain and perhaps wasn't in charge for making plans and strategies, but he was the first who would have followed orders which let him kill enemies of his faith and outlandish people or just people who sympatised with americans or just aren't for his way of handling things. You see, it wasn't that difficult to make him torture and kill people. His death may safe some lifes at first and is therefore from the sight of his enemies something worth. But what are the ordinary man who was thinking the same way as he did suppossed to feel?
They feel another attack from the devilish americans and the hatres will grow again. They will see that they can't life in peace (their version of peace) as long as the USA exists. I am sure the men in charge can't think of anything better for their cause, because it was certainly not easy to direct such a madman like the dead and now with his "sacrifice" he is worth a lot more to their cause, because it shows what will happen to them if they don't fight.
Therefore I think this attack wasn't a victory for anybody in the end...

The Fool
Arcana

The Engineers

190546 Potch
200 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
In which case, I detest war for oil statements. We haven't taken oil. The oil fields are untouched. All you have to do is look at oil prices, which by the way dropped below 70 US dollars a barrel upon news of Zarqawi's death, to see that we don't have a surplus of oil that we've been invading fertile countries for. And as far as Bin Laden and the virus go, rumors spread everywhere all the time about stuff like that, you can't reall know what's true and what's not so it's best to just believe what you want but not present it as fact without any evidence.

Actually, I don't like War-for-oil statements either. It's conspiracy theory, if you ask me. I think the comments are ridiculous too because of the fact that there's no evidence to support the fact that the US is using Iraq for oil. I actually am of the opinion that Bush genuinely thinks he's doing the right thing. If he was willfully doing wrong, I don't see how he'd be able to sleep at night. Bush may be unpopular, and other nations may view him as a menace to the world, but Bush appears very sincere. He does not present himself as a crafty, crooked person. Maybe his execution are not exactly on the right track and his ideals are a bit misplaced, but I really don't think that Bush is organizing a big conspiracy, here.

The war on Iraq should really be taken at face-value. Bush thought (mistakenly) that Saddam was super-dangerous and had weapons of mass destruction. Even if he knew that the evidence was fllakey, he wanted an excuse to invade the country because he felt that keeping the man in power was dangerous, and that he would try to organize resistance to the United States and other nations. Now, maybe Bush's methods are not that awesome, but I think he thinks he's doing the right thing.

It's just really an issue of etiquette. We can go in and accuse each other of speaking a different language, or we can at least be correct in our snarkiness. :p In any case it's not really important of the style.
Camillus

6th Temple Guard Regiment "The Relentless"

68334 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well I don't think that Zarqawi's death will change anything. You see, terrorist organistation is like net. It consists of small groups connected with each other but not so strictly that one cannot live without other. So leader of the one group is killed, how many people died from thif group...6? But to say the truth he was one from the many , yes he has shown his face,name etc. but he was only one of the terrorists. So his place can be taken by more terrorists, moreover for such fanatical terrorists he would be a symbol - person who died for his beliefs.

I must say that nowadays countries aren't prepared to fight with terrorism. It is the result of previous time when their defences were prepared to fight with other countries. Terrorists are using methods that are very unconvenient for modern countries. they strike from within, they can swiftly hide in societies. For democratic country it is almost impossible to win against terrorism. So some people say - let's change rules of government a little - we will have bettre control over it. But it isn't helping much. So they decide: let's limit the democracy for the time of fight against terrorism. And as soon as this happens we can say terrorists have won. Because governments will be doing things "to protect us" but at the same time things to control us. Becasue you know terrorists can't destroy any country completely - they haven't got such power. But changing it's government is huge succes.

So I think that it is impossible to defeat terrorists by just killing every one of them. Always there will be people who would want to continue terrorists actions. Terrorism is simply a result of earlier politics of western governments(+Russia) towards middle east. I don't know what the solution is but the case is to change sources of terrorism so it no longer have ideological and demographic fundament.

But I'm rather pessimist and can't see early solution of this conflict. (or maybe I'm a realist?...) But I'm almost sure that killing Zarqawi won't change much if anything.

Flamo-chan

11929 Potch
150 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Leb wrote:
Okay, I need a translator. Is Flamo Bringer speaking spanish or what.

what do you mean i'm Spanish or what?? :roll:
pretty offended here... :(
Tron Bonne

The party members you never use

579843 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zarqawi got what he deserved. he was the one that beheaded that journalist Nick Berg. I actually saw the video, and its was disgusting. Nick's screaming was too intense for me. I turned it off.

11324811 Potch
23689 Soldiers
160 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The badguy from Tron wrote:
Zarqawi got what he deserved. he was the one that beheaded that journalist Nick Berg. I actually saw the video, and its was disgusting. Nick's screaming was too intense for me. I turned it off.

Nicholas Berg was not a journalist, he was an electrical engineer. Just making sure, because I'd hate to die and be remembered for something I wasn't.
zincbrain

Uttuku

441117 Potch
200 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Zarqawi got what was coming to him since he killed all those people in Iraq and Jordan. I personaly feel happy that he died but there also two women and one child who died along with Zarqawi. Don't you guys think that Zarqawi's death will make an even greater blood bath in Iraq. I actually went to Iraq after the war and saw how people like Zarqawi would actaully resort to this type of thing. Money is virtualy worthless and there aren't any real jobs or a good educational system. So they us the Americans as scapegoats.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Community Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: