Suikoden Uncanny and Irrational Kosher Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New Final Fantasy VII spin off revealed.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If there is any Fimal fantasty to be remade, then none deserves it more than FFIII/VI! I absolutely loved the game. Plus, it had the most characters out of all the Final Fantasies!

Sure, 14 is a small number compared to the Suikoden Series, each having 108, Chrono Cross having about 60, or Valkyrie Profile having 25, but i loved all the characters there. Even the creep Edgar.

I would love to see them in 3D, in the new PS2-ish graphics. And maybe therecan be more things added, like new Blitz moves, and SwordTech's for Cyan! That would be the bomb!

I would take a guess that if that did happen, then it would kick FFVII in it Boney Old Behind ( echoes boney old behind, boney old behind....!

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

And just because Cloud has issues it's not a good enough reason about why I should like him.

The thing is with Final Fantasy 6, is that all trhe characters actually got character development and you got to like them (except the side-quest characters, which they could have done a bit better.) While Suikoden Series 40+ characters got zero character development past recruiting them. I also heard the characters in Chrono Cross got zero character development other then the main character and one of the girls.
kuwaizair

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="TheAngelicSin"]

First off, they go and make a prequel... with the TURKS... and it's on CELL PHONE only - which really pisses me off because the Turks and Shinra were my favorite part of the FF7verse and I won't be able to play that (and it's kind of odd looking to be honest =\).

I always just hoped for a remake of the original game - 'cause that would've been cool. But spinoffs and all that seem a little past ridiculous.
[quote]

first half: Oh....come on *heart grin smirk* are sure there is no way around that?

second half: i was thinking the same, why not, a lot of people love FF7 so much it makes everyone vomit in rage and commit suicide when thats all the Yaoi they can find.

anway square-enix is getting a bit haywire we say? why not, mock our current situation and make a "hoax", lots of people on the net use 3d programs..and or make sprites. would be short of fun to see a hoax...like the FF7 dating game (or use 8 for that matter)

I say seeing as how Square and Enix are one, they shuld ressurect "EVO: serch for eden"

it'll amaze and astound you! it will make you dissregard everyhing about science and religion you've learnd!

the sun had 9 children, one of these was gaia, you have to live through millions of years as differnt life forums to be Gaia's husband in The garden of eden, meanwhile an evil force trys to manulipulate the earths natural flow of evolution. among these beings who fell to this forse are dino-people, yes look it up there is a nutty man who says if Troodon ( a veliciraptor like dinosaur) didn't die out it would of became human-like.

go play it. its fun.
----------------

Quote:
When Celes tries to commit suicide, thinking she's all alone in the wrold, if you don't save Cid. The only problem was that when I first saw it, I was young enough that I didn't know what she was actually doing. It might sound stupid, but I had no clue why she was jumping off a cliff, even with the sad music.

In the american version there is some alterd text...isted of saying "people got so sad they thought death was better' (somthing like it)
it reads "they jumped off the cliff, cheered them right up!"

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Keriaku

Angels' Requiem

114115 Potch
0 Soldiers
1 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

"they jumped off the cliff, cheered them right up!"

If it actually says that (I don't remember if it does or doesn't) then the translators at Square screwed up one of the best moments in a video game ever!
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2004 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Keriaku, yes, it actually does say that. I've only played the Anthology translation of FFVI but I definitely remember it saying something like that (may or may not be exact but same idea). I played that scene a few times over because I liked it - but I do have to admit that line came out a little funny. ^^; I'm glad to know that probably wasn't the way it was intended to sound. :p

kuwaizair, I'd hope there'd be a way around it but from the way the game sounds (you can play for a few minutes and then someone picks up from there, etc) it seems as though it won't be released for anything but the cell phone. It also seems unlikely that it'll make its way out to America (where I live) and/or in English. :p

Protectors of the Deeper Well

1300636 Potch
69 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In my personal opinion they should make another Final Fantasy Tactics (more true to the Ps1 version,The GBA version was a mega disappointment) anyhoo they could make it 3-D and more jobs to pick but thats my opinion.
Starslasher

Chunks of Chaco-late.

1177790 Potch
300 Soldiers
35 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Croix wrote:
In my personal opinion they should make another Final Fantasy Tactics (more true to the Ps1 version,The GBA version was a mega disappointment) anyhoo they could make it 3-D and more jobs to pick but thats my opinion.
Wow, how many other jobs can there be? I mean, they must have exhausted the possibilites there can be! They even had a "Divine" and an "Arc" Knight. I haven't played the game per se, but i saw most of the game and i thought that it was wonderful just as it was.

If there was any class that they missed, it was the berserker class. Pretty cool in V.

Oh, and they should bring back the Ultimate Weapons like in V again.

Bork! Bork! Bork!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Excalibur1027

The Dark Ones Own Luck

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
15000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Wow, I can't beleive I missed this thread!

Anyways, I do agree that Square is going a little too far with FFVII. I mean, how many more spin offs do we possibly need? I know I'll probably watch Advent Children. However, there's no way in hell I'm going to get a cell phone just so I can play a game on it. As for this "Dirge of Cerberus", I'll probably end up getting it. Although I'm really not sure which I would prefer it to be, an action game or a RPG. They'll probably screw it up any way they decide to go with it. Well, at least it's staring Vincent. I mean, come on. He's a vampire with a GUN. What's not to like?

And I agree that I'd LOVE for them to somehow continue with the FFIII/VI story without screwing it up. Simply put, the characters in that game were amazing. Terra, Locke, Edgar, Setzer, Cyan...just thinking about it makes me want to go play it again!

blauuurgggh!

174392 Potch
0 Soldiers
1291 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

kuwaizair, I'd hope there'd be a way around it but from the way the game sounds (you can play for a few minutes and then someone picks up from there, etc) it seems as though it won't be released for anything but the cell phone. It also seems unlikely that it'll make its way out to America (where I live) and/or in English. :p

ya know...it does involve "unlaw full" activites *smirk and a yo ho ho*
but hey...thing in the bring side.....we're not getting them, so whats the complaint huh?

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The complaint is that we're not getting it! ;) The Turks were my FAVORITE thing about Final Fantasy VII (besides Rufus.... *gets stared at* What?) It would be fun being able to play through it and I can no longer complain I wouldn't be able to play it because I don't have a cell phone... 'cause now I do >.< Of course if they actually did release it it would probably come out on a different service than I have anyway. ;P 'Though yeah, my major complaint is that it's not a platform game. *Sighs*

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

TGS Update!

First Impressions.
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/dirgeofcerberusfinalfantasyvii/preview_ 6108453.html

Screenies.
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/rpg/dirgeofcerberusfinalfantasyvii/screenin dex.html

"with a genre that's thus far been listed as "TBA," just what kind of game is this?"

While it literally means To Be Announced, my guess is by TBA they mean "They'll Buy Anyway"...

"Well, from the very brief video clip we saw at Square's press conference this morning at TGS, it's definitely an action game of some sort."

Now i may just be interested.

"...Vincent may cry (ahem) if we don't learn the answers soon..."

Heh!

Also, now FF7:AC, FF7:BC and DoC:FF7 are called "The FF7 Compilation"

All the way to the edge of this world
Edge Riou

Brotherhood of Strife; Fate

311768 Potch
11 Soldiers
724673 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Final Fantasy as an action game. I am pretty interested now. By the look of it it looks quite different, so I am hoping this game will be good.

The right King of all bastards

4938 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

More info on the FF7 Compilation, and some info about the story of DoC.
http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/dirgeofcerberusfinalfantasyvii/news_ 6108651.html

"DIRGE of CERBERUS begins with the sudden appearance of a mysterious group raiding local towns. They are known as the Deep Ground Soldiers (DG Soldiers), a band of warriors driven to hide underground because of the disastrous Meteor. Our hero, Vincent Valentine, is somehow connected with these events, yet in what way remains unclear. And when the world is veiled in darkness, it is his revolver that will ring out the dirge ... But Vincent won't be alone -- he'll be joined by other characters from FINAL FANTASY VII."

Never saw that coming...

All the way to the edge of this world
Aurelien

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Not to insult Vincent, but really his last name makes him sound more like a lollypop seller than a badass vampire or whatever he is. Fear the name ... Vincent Valentine. Haha.

So he'll be joined by other characters from Final Fantasy VII? Great, I hope it's going to be the Turks (yes I'd even take that girl from the Turks over Vincent). Now what would make it even better if we could swap Vincent with any other recruited characters. That's going to make it half worthy for me.

And of course, I just wish they would give sequel or whatever to Final Fantasy IX. Kuja the thong-wearing man would be twice more interesting character to play as compared to Mr.Valentine.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

TheAngelicSin

Scarlet Demon's Fangs

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey there's nothing wrong with Elena - she's just getting used to the job is all ;D And trying to figure out how not to babble on for too long. :( Besides, she never did get that dinner date her boss promised her ;P
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Game & Anime Discussion Forum All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: