Suikoden Utopian and Inspirational Keystone Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden III quick level

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Valec

Maniacs with Hammers

1947 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:05 am    Post subject: Suikoden III quick level Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm not sure if someone has already made a topic, but I hear there is a quick way to level Chris in the beginning. If possible, I would like to know how this is done as I am playing through Suikoden III at this moment.
Zaleria

1296207 Potch
13650 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hmmm... Can't see if there was a former topic like this before. And my computer is being an idiot for me right now so I can't search the whole place. Anyway, here's how you do it:

On Chris' Chapter 1 story, there is a war battle after the discussion of the ceasefire between the Zexen Confederacy and The Grassland tribes. It's the very first war battle in Chris' story, so you can't miss it.

Your objective for that battle is to survive for a given amount of time and then retreat to an indicated place.

So this is what you need to do: Before you retreat, defeat all enemy units. Leave not a single enemy alive. After clearing the field of all enemy units, then that is the time you can retreat. Once you successfully do this, you will be rewarded with teo (2) additional level ups for Salome, Chris Lightfellow, Borus and Roland.

Then, in the amur plains or in the Karaya village, make yourself lose in a battle. Then the game over screen will be seen asking you to either continue or give up. Choose continue then do the whole process again and again.

Do that for about 35-40 times and you'll reach level 99. It's gonna be boring though.

Do tell me if you didn't understand something.

Tonby, while I'm not in Zexen wrote:

I just noticed that if you turn Zexen Activity Levels into an acronym, it makes ZAL. Oh the irony! =P
Valec

Maniacs with Hammers

1947 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I never knew about that... I'll be doing chapter one for Chris when I finish up Geddoe, so I'll give it a shot.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I searched and found no topic about how to do the trick. At least, none in this forum where they should be.

One tip I would suggest is that you spend a lot of time on the Amur Plains (you won't be able to defeat them all on the first go around) to level up and build up some skill points. When you get up around low 30s for levels and build up some good skills like Swing, Damage, Heavy Damage, and Armor Protect, then you could lose and when the next battle comes around then you should have a decent shot at winning. Don't worry about losing units like Roland though. Chris is the only one that has to survive.

Also, before you reach Brass it would be a good idea to get as much of the good armor as you can and sharpen weapons up fairly high in Vinay del Zexay.

EDIT: Amur, Azure, same difference.

Last edited by Sage on Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Aesa

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Someone's confusing the war game with the actual game

Amur plains, Sage, not Azure

It's hard to defeat all the units, I recently tried it and failed...

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:
Someone's confusing the war game with the actual game

Amur plains, Sage, not Azure

And someone is assuming I knew there was an Azure Plains here (I'm lucky I know my own regions :( ). I just pulled that word out of nowhere, but all the same, my mistake.

For a reward of a 2 level gain per character, I don't think it's supposed to be easy...at least not until you do it a few times.

Another tip I remember reading somewhere (most likely gamefaqs) is to take out Lucia ASAP as she gives the Grasslanders more moves per turn. You definitely don't want that.

Maniacs with Hammers

1947 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You can't access amur plains until after the first battle. I'm running around the zexen woods, gaining skill points. So far, I have Armor Protect maxed on Chris, Roland, and Borus. I'm working on accuracy and damage now. I only keep the skills that are natural ability exists and better, though so it shouldn't take very long. I'm about half done now. I have all weapons to 8 (brass castle is better than vinay del zexay for this as the town only goes to 7...) and I have the best armor available at the moment, rare finds included. I'll probably check gamefaqs after I wrap up here, though...
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Also, and this is important, do NOT level up Chris' Parry and Repel skills. Chris has an above average skill stat, and an average repel stat, and it will get hard to get them killed off at higher levels if Chris dodges and parries a lot. The Armour Protect skill is more than enough, and the effect of this skill will disappear if you unequip your armour, so it would be easier to kill them off, and you can go on and repeat the process.

Like Sage said, you can't beat them the first time around, so you really have to proceed through the story and retreat as ordered, and not try to kill anyone off. Level up at Amur Plains at about... Level 38, I think is enough, and pool some skill points, enough to bring their (Chris, Borus, Roland) Armor Protect, Swing and Damage skills to the maximum level. If you feel like leveling up Chris and Borus' Heavy Damage to the maximum level, then even better. Hopefully you will meet the area boss and gain experience to boost your level and skill points.

Now, as for getting yourself killed off, the Dark Bunnies (i may be wrong, but it is a bunny or a rabbit) and Wild Boars are good choices. It would be wise to attach a Shield Rune to your characters, and just have them chant Battlefield so that they are more vulnerable to attacks. It will take them two turns to complete the chanting, so you can just restart the chanting on the next turn if it doesn't get interrupted. :wink:

Put Roland and Salome in the same column. Salome won't attack if he's in the back row, and Roland can go chant his Battlefield spell. The Wild Boars will do consistently the same damage throughout, as your characters will always have 0 armour, but the Dark Bunnies' lightning spells' damage will weaken as you level up, especially against Chris, who has above average magic defense. You can encounter two Wild Boars in this area, and they are always the optimal choice of enemies in getting killed off.

It takes a lot of patience to pull this off and go all the way to Level 99. I believe it took me about six hours, so you have to have the attention span. It's such a headache seeing the same scene over and over again. :|

On a side note, Azure Plains is a pretty cool name. :)
Valec

Maniacs with Hammers

1947 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm up to 31 and doing rather well in my first battle as I type this. It's alright to max parry, I believe... I don't care much for how long it takes anyways.
Justice Johnny

Crimson Grass

1177898 Potch
114 Soldiers
940 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you max parry, it's gonna take a LONG time to kill them off. Remember, the bunnies can only damage you for so long. When Chris' magic defense reaches 150, it's gonna get harder, so you will have to rely on wild boars, and their attacks can be parried.

It's gonna be a headache when Chris parries it and counterattacks, ending the battle, and there's a high chance of this happening too, with her having a high skill stat. That means you will have to look for two wild boars again. Louis has an E in Healing, which can be a problem too. Besides, you can max parry after you get through it anyway.

It's your call in the end. I'm just giving advice so that you will have an easier time. So be it if you want to spend even longer than six hours, which is the time I spent with just a D in Parry and Repel.
Sage

The Invincible Weeds

803820 Potch
0 Soldiers
2 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If you're not going to go anywhere near astronomical levels, then max whatever you want. I did parry and repel and I had no problems killing them off into the mid-40s where I stopped because I had no intention of going all the way to 99. However, if you intend to go up to 99 (or even 60s or 70s for that matter), then you should follow Highwind's advice.

Those Who Slumber

427118 Potch
250 Soldiers
5 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

@Sage: Okay, sorry, I wasn't sure if you were but I wanted that to be corrected (PF's perfectionism is wearing off on me -_-') And I ended the battle and battle on the Amur for a while, died, and went back to the War Battle at least 5 times. Characters were at level 28 or so...

@Highwind: Yup, it sure is ^_^

The setting sun means the rise of a new day...
...excepting for Ragnarok, of course

~Tinto~
Valec

Maniacs with Hammers

1947 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I see what you guys meant. No worries, though. I started over this morning and now I'm level 36. I'm in battle right now for 38.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: