Suikoden Ugly and Illegal Kosher Old Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New Strategist(Speculate here!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dilber Novum

8481 Potch
156 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would like to have a mix between Elenor Silverberg and Lucretia Merces. Let's say a 42 years old experienced, hard boiled and good heartet woman at the same time. Or maybe Apple again. Well we all know she is older and experienced than in Suikoden 2..... Well all we can do is sit and wait :)
poorguy171

91805 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would absolutely love to see a non-human strategist. With Lucretia, we know that not every tactition is going to have roots in the Silverbergs, so I think that Konami should keep going in that direction.

If it must be a human, I'd at least like to see another shot at a Caesar-like strategist. He was great in the manga, but we didn't get to see enough of his character in the game. I'd love to see another young, idealistic mind leading the army besides the hero.

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I just did a little browings on Suikosource and divcovered a nifty tag line at the end of Bolgons description - "Bolgon like to study these days--maybe he'll become a stratagist."

Oh yes, that's right - I'm hopeing, praying, and bribeing konami heavily to have Bolgon as the next stratagist :D

I hate you Onimaru.
Sun's Vicegerent

Divine Judgement

777674 Potch
0 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 3:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Onimaru wrote:
I just did a little browings on Suikosource and divcovered a nifty tag line at the end of Bolgons description - "Bolgon like to study these days--maybe he'll become a stratagist."

Oh yes, that's right - I'm hopeing, praying, and bribeing konami heavily to have Bolgon as the next stratagist :D

Bolgan as the next strategist? Now that's interesting.. although I'm not discounting the fact that it might even happen. You never know, ya know?'

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

'eh, I was waiting for the nay sayers and Bolgon haters out there to come at me with all this "blah blah blah" about stars of destiny, 'etc...ppfft...whatever.

I hate you Onimaru.
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Indeed. There is a whole lot of overly intellectual internet 'sages' out there. Don't let it get you down.

:Let’s see who would be obscure enough to nominate to would be future strategists.

1. Ko – The annoying kid in Banner had seen Riou and Tir in his youth and may be thinking of becoming a warrior or a strategist himself. This guy may have potential for all we know.
2. Koyu – I mean if Gijimu became an effective general for Tinto surely it’s not farfetched to speculate that Koyu can be a decent strategist after all he had been amazed with marlowe’s scholarship and may have had some training as a strategis/general/captain during the grasslands conflict
3. Any of those faceless brat kids in Mathiu’s house. I’m pretty sure if they learned of Mathiu’s true background they might be inspired to follow in his footsteps as Apple and Shu did.
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Actually I want to see those two "faceless brats" show up in a future suikoden, those "flash from the past" little tid bits are always nice for the oldschool fans who like things like that. Their names were Aya and Kou, and while looking up some info on Suikosource, apparently they had a run in with Shu as well (who could have continued their schooling perhaps?) when he cured Aya after she'd been poisoned. For some reason Konami chose to release this information about them, lets see them actually put it to good use!!

I hate you Onimaru.
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Interesting. I've never known they even had names. Thanks for the info Oni-boy.
BlackKnightYuber

320868 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

If the next game happens to fall in between Suikoden II and III, it might be the perfect opportunity to introduce players to George Silverberg. Son of Leon, father of Albert and Caesar. If not George, I do actually think that Apple would be a viable choice. A somewhat-uncertain strategist like her could be interesting.
Harmony

Hugging Hippies

82515 Potch
0 Soldiers
93935 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'm really hoping to see Albert return, though I may be a little biased in that respect ^^v. What I would really like to see is the traditional strategist roles reversed a bit. For instance, having the Chikai or Chifuku stars act as your main strategist rather then the Tenki star (though this may have to do with my utter disappointment in Cius wasting away the secondary strategist star in Suikoden V). Hey, they've switched up the main hero stars in III, I don't see why they can't rotate your main strategist within that little trio.

Also, I'd be nice to see a strategist that makes mistakes. All too often Suikoden strategists have fantastic dumb luck and know what your enemy is thinking before they even do. It's getting to be rather annoying and unrealistic. Let them get caught off guard once, have them in over their head and acting under pressure. The only time I can recall this happening is when Lelei took over for Lucretia for one battle in Lecar in V, and it's proven in III that Caesar doen't know everything when Nash returns in the last chapter. Making mistakes adds a little depth to their characters, and makes it seem less like you've recruited an untouchable robot.
Metallingus

Grandchildren of the Runes

30829 Potch
49 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Harmony wrote:
Also, I'd be nice to see a strategist that makes mistakes. All too often Suikoden strategists have fantastic dumb luck and know what your enemy is thinking before they even do. It's getting to be rather annoying and unrealistic. Let them get caught off guard once, have them in over their head and acting under pressure. The only time I can recall this happening is when Lelei took over for Lucretia for one battle in Lecar in V, and it's proven in III that Caesar doen't know everything when Nash returns in the last chapter. Making mistakes adds a little depth to their characters, and makes it seem less like you've recruited an untouchable robot.

Quoted for truth. I was going to post "Not Lucretia", actually. :D Having someone like Lucretia on your side is kinda like iddqd-ing a Wolfenstein game. (e-cookie for you if you get this) Seriously, I wouldn't be surprised if Konami declared that Lucretia is actually psychic; it really does seem that way.

This is kind of a long shot, but the Tenkai should be made to make strategic decisions at times, even if the said decisions override that of the tactician. I'm not far into Fire Emblem, (am fiddling around with my GBA, haha) but the idea of role-playing as a tactician appeals to me.

Other than that, I'm not really against a Silverberg making a comeback, or a new Silverberg being introduced. They're kind of a staple to the series, only not. By this I mean that a game doesn't have to have one of them, but it's good if they're there nonetheless. If anyone's to make a comeback though, I'm biased towards Caesar or Albert. Can't have too much Caesar or Albert. Besides, neither of them had too much screentime/plottime the last time they appeared, so it won't hurt. Or Shu. They should pull his arse out of his trading business or whatever and start a war that requires his services. :D
El Leon

Arias

73841 Potch
40 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I thought only Shu and Lucretia were the "all knowing" type of Strategists. And it fitted Lucretia well, since her unchanging right and wrong is based on the knowledge she knows every detail of a battle before going into it. A true Strategist doesn't just look into the situation at hand, but looks at the war as a whole and makes designs on how to fight and end it.

A Strategist like Mathiu does that to an extent, but they fail to see the future problem some of their tactics can bring, like Toran's war with Jowston right after their foundation, brought about by Mathiu taunting Jowston into attacking Moravia to make it fall faster. It makes sense in the short term but it brought problems for everyone afterwards.
Rezard

215744 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

El Leon wrote:
A true Strategist doesn't just look into the situation at hand, but looks at the war as a whole and makes designs on how to fight and end it.

Yes, but that doesn't mean the strategist must be unbeatable, he must try to do that, but it doesn't mean he will know everything, it would be fun to see how fast a surprised strategist manages to do a counter attack.

I am totaly in for a more human strategist, I´d like to see him(her) fail terrible, because the enemy strategist is better (for a change) and can read your moves deeper.

That wouldn't make him(her) uncool, he/she could do a great return later, where he/she can redeem himself, that would make the strategist better, everybody likes the underdog.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wouldn't mind seeing Lucretia come back in a future game, because I've never viewed her as some sort of god-creature or omniscient seer. She merely has a photographic memory and a gift for strategy. Take away the memory part, and you've got Shu or Leon. I think it would be quite interesting to see how she performs in a land she is not familiar with, and would do much to quite the naysayers regarding her abilities. Perhaps, if she got involved in scirmishes in Kanakan on her way back to the Grasslands, we could see what she is capable of in a scenario where she is left to just her tactical know-how. Just a thought...

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Buzzed_Jedi

6906 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I wouldn't mind seeing Leon Silverberg or even Albert....even if its only the start then they turn on you & join the other side. Giving you a return of Caesar or Lucretia or her apprentice(can't remember her name....i remember Cius but not her..............sorry)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: