Suikoden Uncouth and Inspirational Kosher Orgazmic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New Strategist(Speculate here!)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Indeed - I'd forgotten the role that Leon played in suiko 1, it was so minor! very true, I suppose leon could never be the primary stratagist. However his being an assistant to Ceasar or some other less talented stratagist is not out of the question. Lets just say that I'd like to see him play a significant role in future games on the Tenkai's side. As for summoning Yuber, I could care less if he did or not - I just want him to enlighten us as players as to how/why he did the things he did, and with his being an active player on the PC's side it would give us some more insight into who Yuber is from an outside perspective. It's all wishful thinking, honestly I feel that Suiko VI will take place before Suikoden 1 - primarily between the space of Suiko 1 and Suiko V in some forigne nation with some forigne stratagist - the best we can hope for in that situation is the reappearance of a young Shu or Mathiu (much as how Ted made an appearance in Suiko IV). But in Suiko VII or VIII I would like to see the whole Leon storyline wrapped up - Infact I would like to see the whole silverberg storyline wrapped up in general, so we can move on and see new stragists from other forigne lands. What makes them so good? Is it a recipe or "book" as shu calls it that gives them such a high success ratio? What genetically makes them superior stratagists? And they obviously are, it's not just in the name - game and game and game again we see them as the dominant stratagists either fighting for or against the Tenkai and the SOD's. Ok, I'm getting off topic - you know where I stand on this, so I'll say no more.

I hate you Onimaru.
Levenheit

Dragon Cavalry

3113 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Id like to see a strategist that was a product of Silverberg and kobold mating

a half kobold, half Silverberg strategist.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would definitely like to see Albert on our side of the battle field and in a full war. See what kind of strategies he unleashes!

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Nouhime

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2007 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I too would like to see a new head strategist for Tenkai's army.I hope that this time it is 'she' again as in Suikoden V.She is not that old nor young,maybe an average teenager around age 17-20.It is great to see more leading women characters who play vital role in the storyline and the one who decide the victor of Tenkai's army.

Dragon Cavalry

3113 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

they tried that with apple in suikoden 2, didn't go very well. If they're too young they lack the experience needed as strategists. Female strategists are interesting though, Suikoden 4 and 5 both had amazing strategists.
Nouhime

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

So then maybe Konami should make her a bit older and matured as Lucretia

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Levenheit wrote:
they tried that with apple in suikoden 2, didn't go very well.

How could you say that? For all we know, Konami intended to make it go that way, that Apple would fail in her strategies. Why, Konami could just make a genius little girl to be the next strategist and all would go very well. I just don't see the point you're trying to make with that statement.
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Ryusei wrote:
Levenheit wrote:
they tried that with apple in suikoden 2, didn't go very well.

How could you say that? For all we know, Konami intended to make it go that way, that Apple would fail in her strategies. Why, Konami could just make a genius little girl to be the next strategist and all would go very well. I just don't see the point you're trying to make with that statement.

They already did that with Lucretia. :P Except they also made her a psychic too.
TruePerception

Blind Eye

478325 Potch
1000 Soldiers
7777 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Come one. Lucretia was never psychic. She had a photographic memory and the mind of a great tactician. Those two combined would make it seem like she knew the outcome in advance, but any strategist worth his salt would seem that way. If you plan something out in advance and you look at every angle, the out come should be certain. Especially when your opponent has no strategist!

Daily Funny Award for May 1st, 2008
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, of course Lucretia isn't a psychic. It's just the way that her strategies are presented in the game that makes her look like one. On each occassion, it always seems like it's hopeless on your part and then Lucretia shows up and tells you what to do and then everything turns out well. She has explanations, yes, and they are valid explanations too. But it always looks as if Konami ran out of options and just used Lucretia's character as a scapegoat for you to win a particular war because of the way Lucretia works as a strategist.
Scott

Demon King's Ambition

41 Potch
1150 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Levenheit wrote:

THAT would be a strategist. Sitting around, waiting for the enemies attack...Troops rush in to inform him/her that the enemy has arrived... "Strategist like chocolate milk!"

To relive those Halcyon days of youth
Ujitsuna

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Scott wrote:
Levenheit wrote:

THAT would be a strategist. Sitting around, waiting for the enemies attack...Troops rush in to inform him/her that the enemy has arrived... "Strategist like chocolate milk!"

That is a damaging Kobold stereotype! How dare you! :P Obviously a Kobold more like Ridley or Boris who are educated to a high standard in military affairs and apparently, English as well.
luc skywalker

6783 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:54 pm    Post subject: new strategies.. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hey why don't we try to have the main hero as the strategies himself ala michael scofield of prison break.
Ezekiel

Mediocre Archer

119921 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Re: new strategies.. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

luc skywalker wrote:
Hey why don't we try to have the main hero as the strategies himself ala michael scofield of prison break.

Because there's a Star of Destiny set aside for a strategist AND a hero, and Michael Scofield makes stupid overly dramatic facial expressions :D

Space Monkey Punks From Japan

349252 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:24 am    Post subject: Re: new strategies.. Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

luc skywalker wrote:

The idea of a hero/strategist who plans his war by tatooing his entire body would be seen as ripping of a certain prison tv show.

I would not mind seeing Klaus again, as an older more mature strategist or perhaps we could see a older relative of shu if the game is set before suikoden 2.

FOREVER X!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: