Suikoden United and Irenic Knowledge Ontic Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

New Strategist(Speculate here!)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:04 am    Post subject: New Strategist(Speculate here!) Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

As all of us Suikoden fans know, strategist are a vital part to the Tenkai's army. In each game we've seen a strategist that has helped your army by making clever strategies for the war battles and advising the Hero in political matters and so on.

Most of the Suikoden games up until now have had a strategist from the famous Silverberg family or someone who had deep ties with them(Shu). This family's members have been key players in history and have gained recognittion throughout the world for their genius. However, the last game in the series, Suikoden V, has moved away from tradition and introduced a non Silverberg related strategist. Do you think the developers will try to keep moving away from tradition, or would they rather go back to the Silverbergs? We know there are still members of the family that we could see much more of, like the father of the brothers Ceasar and Albert, or one of the brother themselves.

Lately I've been leaning more towards the idea that Albert Silverberg will play a strategist role in a future installment in the series. This is because of the new nations introduced to us, like the New Armes Kingdom and the Theocracy of Nagarea. For some reason I have the feeling that the nation ALbert went to work for after the events of Suikoden III could very well be any of these.

What do you all think about this?
Archy

PRAISE BE TO... GROOOWL RAINING BLOOD

506257 Potch
0 Soldiers
800 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For one, I'd like to see a Non-human strategist, but preferably on the Secondary Strategist Star (Apple.) . We've been shown that Non-humans can also be intelligent species, much like Boris, Ridley and their friends. It would be fun to see how they expand on that. I'd hope for a Winger strategist, or preferably a Duck strategist.

For the main strategist, Albert is probably the only Silverberg I could be fine with. I'd lean more towards the Lucretia-type. Probably someone from . . . . . . Harmonia. Like, say, this former priest who was kicked out due to several reasons, then somehow escape and you wound up asking his help. It could give Harmonia a decent role like in 3 to participate, although that would seem unlikely. Another oneI want would probably someone from the Windamier family. If set post-III, Klaus would be really, REALLY fun to have. Unfortunately, he can't be the main strategist, as his star occupies another star, but still it'd be fun to see him back.

Celes Tilly wrote:
If one of you were to ask, "Celes, what is Twisted Sister?" I would tell you God's honest truth.

"Butt rock."
Geddoe

Eyepatches of the Faith

397934 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I liked the idea in V that there was a non-Silverberg related strategist. I also like the fact of how they tied her into Suikoden III [and just sitting here now, I just got a good idea of how old Lucretia is...]. I think having a non-Silverberg clique strategist on occasion is a good idea for the series, especially if it's done with the nuances of character that Lucretia was done with.

All the same, however, I honestly would have liked to have seen more of Albert Silverberg and his doings in Suikoden III, and from the way things ended in Suikoden III it left the door wide open for him to make a return down the line - possibly with gray streaks in his hair. [Of course, this hinges on the fact that the series will continue in the same general area of timeline that 1, 2, 3, and 5 have and not do something crazy timeline-wise like 4 or Tactics.] Hell, even though Caesar was King Slacker for the better part of Suikoden III, I'd like to see how he turned out because even though a good number of people on the board didn't like Caesar too much, at least the way his character was done made you feel something. Just as long as later down the line, he's still not the same slacker you left him as.

So I guess I wouldn't mind either way, just as long as the character was well-developed, had ties to the history of the series, and didn't win every battle on flat-out luck.

The Runic Fletchers

629970 Potch
1000 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I would like to see Albert in another Suikoden. I would like to see George Silverberg in some game, though. He's a missing link in the series.

Honestly, as long as they have clever strategies, I don't care what family they come from. They could introduce a new family, or extend Lucretia's. You never know, in the Western Continent, where the next game will probably be held, there could be another family that act as strategists.

Either way, I doubt we've seen the end of the Silverbergs. They're just so well known, that one would is bound to appear again.

White Wolf Templars

1428 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd like to see a Silverberg strategist again, though perhaps not Albert. I'd like to see one that can actually fight/join your party, and perhaps one that is more on the...rambunctious side. A strong, judgmental, and short-fused strategist would be more fun than the cookie-cutter "calm geniuses" that hang back from battle all the time.

Sinocard wrote:
I dont think I am above women, I think I am above everyone.
EggMan

Ordo Lusus

167874 Potch
250 Soldiers
180 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

What I've been thinking about recently is this: what if they make a second strategist family and have them compete in a latter suikoden. They did give Lucretia a last name, yea she's nobility but I dont know maybe they could make the Merces family into something like the Silverberg. Plus I would like to see some more people like Lucretia, she had some good ideas, and a good point of view about what a strategist does.

"I think we are blind. Blind people who can see, but do not see."
Kikito

Order of the Absolute

2953355 Potch
65 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

EggMan wrote:

What I've been thinking about recently is this: what if they make a second strategist family and have them compete in a latter suikoden. They did give Lucretia a last name, yea she's nobility but I dont know maybe they could make the Merces family into something like the Silverberg. Plus I would like to see some more people like Lucretia, she had some good ideas, and a good point of view about what a strategist does.

That's actually a pretty good idea, to have a family that sorts of competes with the Silverbergs. They could also have opposing views concerning strategy. Kinda like the way the Silverbergs kinda prefer to lose as less lives as possible by tricking the enemy and all that.

However, I don';t think the Merces family would be this family, since:

Minor Spoilerage----------> She was an orphaned Grasslander if I remember correctly. I'm pretty sure that's true, but I'm gonna check around just in case

However, since Suikoden V takes place a couple years before Suikoden III, it's very possible Lucretia had a son/daughter or just took up an apprentice(maybe Lelei?). I wouldn't really hold my breath though. Even though Lucretia was a great strategist and all that, it didn't seem like she would have a place outside Suikoden V. Sure, she has connections with Harmonia and Grasslands, but still, I don't think there's any more of Lucretia to be explored, but that's just my opinion really. I'm pretty sure there's a lot of people out there who would love to see her back.

Suru wrote:

Hell, even though Caesar was King Slacker for the better part of Suikoden III, I'd like to see how he turned out because even though a good number of people on the board didn't like Caesar too much, at least the way his character was done made you feel something. Just as long as later down the line, he's still not the same slacker you left him as.

Well, probably like most people here, I'm not Ceasar's greatest fan. However, you do make sense in that he seemed like he still had a lot to learn. It'd be fun to see him sometime when he's older and more experienced. Maybe he'll surprise us and become an even better strategist than his brother Albert is, or at least match him in skill.
Geddoe

Eyepatches of the Faith

397934 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Kikito, in spite of Lucretia's origins, she was adopted by that Harmonian family - who's to say that there aren't more people in that family like her? I wouldn't put a [lot] of money on there being more in that family line, but it wouldn't be surprising if one of them pops up. The better odds might be on Lelei showing up in another game. If nothing else, I hope she ages gracefully.

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i would actually like to see leilei as a strategist i mean she was under lucretias teachings and well it would be cool....but tht wouldnt happen cause of the timing since after V...II started and dat doesnt give much time

anyway ya or maybe they could have a student of lucretia since she mestriously disapeared then we could make a new tradition then maybe they could hve lucretia students VS silverburgs (silverburgs could be da startegist for the enemy) or sumthin like dat
jus rambling on
pce out

Red Shoes Dance

936547 Potch
12000 Soldiers
675 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd like to see Leon do it, but he'd never join a hero thats at a disadvantage.
John Layfield

Last Literature D-Line

509933 Potch
9300 Soldiers
3525 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yes, he would and he has already.

He served under Barbarossa Rugner remember? When Geil Rugner seized de facto control of the Empire including Gregminster forcing Barbarossa's forces to flee and station themselves at Pannu Yakuta of all places?

Leon would join if he felt that your army could win and if he decided that in the end your army winning the war would result in the least loss of life all round.

Which it probably would.
One day, I shall come back. Yes, we shall all come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine.
dark-knight

Knights of the Dark

23181 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

if you guys are talking about the series having a new strategist, then im hoping it would not be a silverberg or someone even related to a silverberg. why do i say so?

first the silverbergs were already present in 4 games (if my memory serves me right). its a good break in 5 having a new face and knowing that the silverbergs (or people related to them) are not the only ones in the whole suiko world that knows how to be a tactician.

and my second reason, the silverberg family already made a name in the series, wouldnt it be nice to introduce others and let them take the spotlight of being the main strategist?

and if ever they made that decision to not place a silverberg in some future games but somehow still wants to place them in the last 2 or even the final game as main tacticians, then wouldnt that make a more glorious return for the 'ever-so-genius' silverberg family?

and note to koikuro - can you please type words in full next time and nt n dis typ of formt?
shadowdragonknight

12727 Potch
1326 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

i think there will be more strategies related to merces or merces family in future suikoden beside Silverberg family

i would like to see more merces strategies in the future suikoden and even i want to see merces VS Silverberg in future suikoden. (just a Speculation)
pardon: sorry for the trouble i cause in the past because i was still a kid at that time but now i understand more and i am matured a little, so i want to regain the pride and honor that is rightfully mine...
Malt Hitman

31st H.R. Regiment: The 31st Wrecking Crew

9905 Potch
0 Soldiers
5035 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I'd see them going with an elf or a dwarf for a secondary strategist before they'd go for a winger or a duck strategist. I would think that those two choices would go over far easier as a change then jumping right to an anthromorphic animal or creature. I wouldn't have anything against having a winger or a duck for a secondary strategist, it wouldn't bother me at all. But if all of the ones in the past have been human it would seem like a large jump in a single move. It would very well depend on where the next game is set though and having such a unique strategist that would be out of place in the new environment could boost character development.

I wouldn't mind having a Silverberg as a main strategist or having another offshoot strategist like Lucretia or a continuation of the Merces family and then have that developed along the lines of the Silverberg family. It really depends on what the developers want to do with the characters and story created so far. If they want more freedom I see them going with another loosely related strategist and if they want the next game to ground more in the cannon of the series that has already been established they will more than likely go with a Silverberg.
Masa

Fightin' Nac Mac Feegle

418570 Potch
0 Soldiers
10000 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

About the Merces family not being potential strategists... as far as we know, she's the only Karayan with a last name. Chances are, she received the Merces name from her Harmonian family. But to be honest, if there was a rival Strategist family, I'd rather they were from somewhere besides Harmonia, ya know?

I wouldn't mind seeing Klaus again or a decendant. But I think the presence of the Western and Southern Continent in future games more or less demands strategists with no ties to previous ones. The fact that Falena had to rely on a Harmonian strategist is rather dissapointing. It would have been nice if their strategist had been a Falenan native or from Armes, Zelant, or another nearby country.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: