Suikoden Uncanny and Illusional Kosher Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Suikoden I
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:26 pm    Post subject: Suikoden I Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Does anyone know where the best place to train is for after you recruit lepant((and the best way to get money))
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Valec

Maniacs with Hammers

1947 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

You mean a high level area like the matilda gate glitch?

There isn't really one. The only place I can think of is Great Forest, but you'll be going there soon enough. Most places are inaccessible at this point.
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:12 pm    Post subject: Re: Suikoden I Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

mumbay wrote:
Does anyone know where the best place to train is for after you recruit lepant((and the best way to get money))

the best way to get main you should of done the money trick with marco in the very begining. with that you will be stacked with money until you get her again in warrior's village.

as for training i would really say there is one at the point where you are at.

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
mumbay

White Maiden Mercenaries

167500 Potch
50 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the great forest can work@.@
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Valec

Maniacs with Hammers

1947 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah, the money trick with Marco, if you don't know already... Initiate a game, pick the cup on the far left and exit the game. The first round is always the far left cup. I left for Mt. Seifu fully equipped with really good equipment, sharpened weapons to the maximum level Lenankamp could offer, and 100,000 potch. I had a really good start. Heheh...
Barbarossa Rugner

The Golden Mercenaries

5684336 Potch
15000 Soldiers
650 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe that the glitch is exploited best by copying the pattern of the cups. If you copy the pattern on the lowest betting level it will be the same as the higer levels, right? It has been a while since i played Suikoden 1, but i think that is how to make more money quickly (rather than just picking the far left cup). Correct me if i am wrong though.

The Rune on my Sword, the Dragon King Sword, is protected against any form of magic, Even the rune of the Gate - Barbarossa Rugner
Valec

Maniacs with Hammers

1947 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I believe it is only the far left cup. I recall trying the method you suggested ( It's been a while ) and I believe from the second round on is randomized. Just follow my method above for the very beginning. I recall that this glitch doesn't work after a certain point in the game, but by that point you should be making over 10,000 bits per battle. Ignore my potch error above ( The money system is Bits in Suikoden 1), I've just finished Suikoden 2 with perfected data. I plan to load all the way up to Suikoden V with perfect saves, so I'm re-doing the series.

Basically, it loses it's usefulness by the time you get to Warrior's Village as you make more from casting Hell on a group of enemies and recieving the money. I only use it for that one point in the beginning. =P
Wataru

The Light Fantastic

59113 Potch
0 Soldiers
515589 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Its not always the far left cup. When you start a new game it randomizes the pattern and that pattern will hold through that new game. I usually get it the right cup first. What you need to do to explot Marco is play a few times in sequence on 100 bits (be prepared to lose a few times) and write down about 8 or 10 outcomes in a row. Then leave and come back. The pattern should repeat each time you come back to her. This only works in Rockland, however.

Of course, entropy is everywhere and be warned that sometimes the game will throw an aberration at you and the pattern will not hold for a sequence here and there. If that happens, just exit and come back to try again. Unless, of course you got the aberration for your test pattern. :shock: Then you have to write down a new one. When you get one set twice in a row you know you've got it.

The pattern will hold true in the Warriors' Village, but you can only win 4000 from her before she ends the game and joins you. It's slow going if you want to bleed her dry there. After you recruit Marco, her pattern becomes totally random, but by that point bringing a really lucky party to Gaspar is a far better way of gaining beaucoup cash. Tir, Sylvina, Mina, Gon, Hix and Meg are an optimal team for that.

Maniacs with Hammers

1947 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I didn't know for sure if Chinchirorrin really depended on your Luck rating... Thanks for the confirmation. Now I can hit big money next time I play it. Heheh.
Sophita

The Wee Kitty Grand Duke Defense Brigade

498078 Potch
1330 Soldiers
2725 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The Marco pattern only works in Rockland. There is a FAQ on Gamefaqs about it in their suikoden I section, I believe, if you want the patterns.

I'm not a big leveler but I don't think there are a lot of areas for leveling in Suikoden I. There really isn't much of a purpose to it since each new place will gradually be harder and your group will level up about 5 levels in each dungeon or so, IIRC. And it's tough to do at the point you're at, since a lot of the higher level areas will be closed off to you.

SCII month continues! DueFiumi.com
John Layfield wrote:
But bubbles... children love bubbles! XD
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Valec

Maniacs with Hammers

1947 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I do know that every time I go to Rockland, it is the cup on the far left. Perhaps it's a percentage thing?
Flare

Flying Bolts of Doom

680830 Potch
3700 Soldiers
400 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

For levelling up, I just wandered around the world map until I got to the level I wanted.
uwangski

Lilly's Loyal Guards

701224 Potch
200 Soldiers
32 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

After the scene at the Palace (at the beginning), you will be automatically going home, don't go further inside. Instead, go outside Gregminster, and then go to the village in the mountains, the town where Odessa and your party will be visiting for the fire spears (I forgot the name, starts with "S", I think). Find a man who will give you a Fortune Rune (2X EXP gained after every battle).

NOTE: Missable item. It can only be obtained at that point in the game.

If you want the Prosperity Rune instead (2X potch/bits), wait for Ted to join you and then find the same man. If you obtained the Fortune Rune, you can't get Prosperity, so it's your choice.

Team Brave

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yeah the great forrest is really only useful for leveling say before you go to Toran Castle to fight the Zombie dragon for the first time (I found this boss was harder then alot of later bosses on my first play through of the game) but considering you've just finished with sneaking into lepants house the only thing you can really do is proceed with the game like others have suggested and just try and get good armor, runes and sharpen your weapons.

Even at his most powerless mans existance is never without meaning...
Buff

Venus Doom

242611 Potch
0 Soldiers
6886538 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sophita wrote:
The Marco pattern only works in Rockland. There is a FAQ on Gamefaqs about it in their suikoden I section, I believe, if you want the patterns.

that is true. i have the pattern for her in rockland and also the pattern of when she's in your castle. it goes up to like 20 rounds.

Quote:
Yeah, the money trick with Marco, if you don't know already... Initiate a game, pick the cup on the far left and exit the game.

actually it's the far right not left ;)

Devoted protector of Ferid and Arshtat
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Gameplay Questions & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: