Suikoden United and Inspirational Kosher Oblique Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

Conquest.
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zelphiel

Apophis Berserkers

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think the conquest idea would be really fun as an elaborate minigame or something instead of it being the basis of the game itself. If it was in the game itself I could see the conquest of maybe one or two small areas to add to the Tenkai's territory... but I wouldn't want the entire thing to be based on something like that. The Tenkai's are never really about conquest. They always take on the role of 'savior' for the people in the area by liberating them from some evil thing/person/etc. Large scale conquest would kind of take away from that I think.

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

The only way I think this could work is for Suikoden to turn into a strategy war game like Warcraft or Command and Conquer Generals. I don't really think it could work as an RPG game, in my opinion.
Rainrir

Landsknecht

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I think a scenerio-based free-moving map aka Ogre Battle could work. They can even combine the Ogre battle map interface and make the battles more DRAGON-FORCE like.

It needn't be over complicated like C&C or WC3, but simple engaging fun like DF and OB. It should be THAT hard to code a war game like that into the game.

One thing I wish was that the war battles took a little longer and require more strategy...with varied objectives and such...
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Well, I wouldn't mind that the war battles were short and easy. After all, Suikoden is no strategy game, it is an RPG game. The story of the game should be it's main focus.

But having a few improvements on the war games wouldn't hurt, in my opinion. As long as the story wouldn't suffer because of that, it's fine with me.
Rainrir

Landsknecht

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Just being curious, Ryusei...you haven't played the Ogre Battle and Dragon Force games before right?
Ryusei

Kotetsu

114213 Potch
8500 Soldiers
510 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Nope, never heard of it.
Sparhawk

Lords of Foolishness

207476 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Thief wrote:
In other words, a Suikoden nation would end up as the international police? Why does that sounds familiar. Especially if that potential super weapon turned out to be completely fake, crafted by your higher-ups, to get you to invade that said enemy nation and provide them economical superiority.

Since this is a GAME we are SPECULATING about, maybe politics should be KEPT OUT...

Maybe a hero from within theory: you're nation attacks a hated enemy and you come to realize that you ain't so different, stop your own goverment's aggresion, but then a faction within the enemies' camp takes over (insert superweapon idea here)...

Oh yeah, maybe the Hero wont be such a wuss either...

1567728 Potch
0 Soldiers
157 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

In a sense, conquest happened in Suikoden II already by Jowston pretty much conquering Highland. Though it's not really an active conquest mission, it ended up with a conquest to unite Dunan region. So that was pretty much a "conquest in the name of good" because Jowston was forced to conquer Highland when Jowy would not stop attacking the City-States no matter what, forcing Riou with only one way left to end the war.

I don't mind any conquest type of war in future Suikoden games as long as it would make sense and not just for the sake of greed.

~City-States of Jowston and Tinto Republic~
06.06.2004 - 20.01.2008

Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Suikoden VI Speculation & Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: