Suikoden Utopian and Infamous Kibbutz Omniscient Xperience

Suikox Home | The Speculation Shelter | Tablet of Stars | Suikoden Timeline | Suikoden Geography |Legacies

[ View Profile | Edit Profile | Nation System | Members | Groups | Search | Register | Check PMs | Log in | FAQ ]

The Official Pesmerga/Yuber Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

It is probable that Pesmerga was already killed by Yuber hence his lack of appearance and why Yuber has two swords instead of one...
Onimaru

Perverted Old Men

3407 Potch
954 Soldiers
86 Nation Points

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I don't know if I'd say probable, but possible sure. They did claim that the two would square off in the final game, so his death is unlikely as long as they plan on sticking to that story. But then again that was at a different time in the Suikoden development, anything could have happened to change that. I think it would be safe to assume that Yuber is summoned from a different plane, since he so loyally serves whomever summons him. Being a harbinger of chaos he's not likely to let others push him around unless there's some sort of reason, and being summoned kind of puts him in their power...sort of. Of course he could just be a dude from a different continent who leon/whoever sent a letter to, that's a great point, but not very interesting. :(

I hate you Onimaru.
Duke Gallison

13428 Potch
10 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Think Pesmerga has a True Rune like Yuber does, or has it been confirmed that he doesn't?
Ryu

The Sunwall Army

83872 Potch
100 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: A theory on Yuber i've always had... Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Is it possible that Yuber is actually an incarnation of the Eightfold Rune? It's just kind of makes since to me, besides where does it say that runes can't take human form. Not to mention if the eightfold rune were trying to create chaos through out the universe what better way then to do it itself. This would also explain why Pesmerga is after him.

Although, that brings up another theory of mine about pesmerga also being a true rune incarnation. I like to think of them sort of like Yin and Yang. One, Yuber, the bringer of chaos and the other, Pesmerga, the bringer of order. But you might say, 'Pesmerga didn't have a true rune.' Which is correct but think about it, if your the Source, for lack of a better word, of order in the universe your not going to create a fuss by annoucing it to the world. While Yuber, on the other hand, delights is cause war, death and good old fashion chaos and has no sense of subtlity.

Anyway, thats just my two cents on the subject.
Sialeeds

Jowston loyalists

339093 Potch
55 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I hope Konami will let us now someday. Maybe in the (hopefully) next game.
Ryu

The Sunwall Army

83872 Potch
100 Soldiers
25 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sialeeds wrote:
I hope Konami will let us now someday. Maybe in the (hopefully) next game.

you think... Honestly i think it makes more sense for yuber to be shrouded in mystery.
deadfoxx

Northwind Dragoons

13233 Potch
5 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2007 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I havent been on these boards in ages but wow lots of stuff on yuber and pesmerga. One of that series biggest mysteries. read thru a few posts on here and have some responses. For one its never been confirmed that yuber actually had a true rune if i remember they actually had a list of all the known true runes and their locations/owners there was only like 12 or so but yubers wasnt among them.

yuber has been summoned every time weve seen him and he seems to only "obey" the summoner or their commanders ie windy leon/jowy in 2 and albert/luc in 3

he loves chaos and the moment he cant have it he would most likely do whatever it took to make more chaos even if it meant backstabbing his summoner.

he also doesnt like to lose as pointed out when he up and leaves after the final showdown infront of gregminster, or le rounille, and also joining up with the monsters instead of helping luc at the end of 3.

For all we know the events in number 1 was the first time we saw him i mean quite possibly he lived before that but was summoned up from the nether world who was extremely powerful and she couldnt entirely control him . and he probably wouldnt entirely backstab her because of everyone who hes served she would have the easiest time putting him back.

and someone said something about her not letting him serve her unless he had such a powerful "true" rune and that ppl can only have 1 true rune at a time. which isnt entirely true, she found a way and was quite possibly the only person to know how.

as far as how pesmerga fits into it. ever seen the mummy with rachel weisz? i get the feeling hes like those guardsman @ the end and the maji kind of mixed in. his mission is to check yuber and possibly all like him hes only "alive" when yuber is summoned. which yes brings into question where was he during the 3rd one?

someone said he killed him which is highly doubtful because in the original story it wasnt just losing that made yuber run in the battle for gregminster/le'rounille its that in both cases it was the only time that pesmerga was actually able to challenge him to a direct fight, and yuber ran away.

what i think it was is a combination of things, for one distance toran and the free cities are very close together. another the drastic change in appearance pesmerga was looking for a man in black armor, same with the second one. with the first game he knew that yuber was hanging out with neclord, the second one same problem except neclord didnt have a centrel base of operations. so he followed rumors about the sword that could kill neclord.

however with number 3 he couldnt look for a man in black armor because yuber was wearin his pimp suit *someone made reference to yuber using both king crimsons* it was quite possibly smelted down and just made into the 2 smaller swords since they are collapseable.

also it wasnt till the end that large scale chaos that yuber is known for and would be noticed in, not enough time for pesmerga to start getting there.

and because of family guy ive entirely lost where else i was goin with this
ferrouslupusrex

Ferrouslupusrex

563 Potch
673 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Quote:

For one its never been confirmed that yuber actually had a true rune if i remember they actually had a list of all the known true runes and their locations/owners there was only like 12 or so but yubers wasnt among them.

It's confirmed and is a pretty known fact that Yuber wields the 8fold rune.
deadfoxx

Northwind Dragoons

13233 Potch
5 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

ferrouslupusrex wrote:
Quote:

For one its never been confirmed that yuber actually had a true rune if i remember they actually had a list of all the known true runes and their locations/owners there was only like 12 or so but yubers wasnt among them.

It's confirmed and is a pretty known fact that Yuber wields the 8fold rune.
yes it is a well known fact he weilds the eight fold rune but its never been confirmed that its one of the true runes
Song Jiang

Liangshan

1368 Potch
125 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yuber's rune is the EIGHTFOLD RUNE. to my knowledge eightfold is a teaching of Buddha. the eightfold path is what it is called. it was shown to Buddha after he reached enlightenment. the eightfold path is represented by the 8 spoked dharma wheel. why would such a rune be used by such a monster. if this is so does that mean Yuber is on the side of dharma, or am i just jumping to conclusions. :?

-IT IS THAT WHICH MAKES US DIFFERENT THAT BRINGS US TOGETHER.-
Camus

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:17 pm    Post subject: Re: The Official Pesmerga/Yuber Thread Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Hi, I don't know if someone had this idea before, but the thought comes to my mind that Pesmerga is the son of Yuber. Ages ago Yube raped a woman and she gave birth to a boy and named him Pesmerga. She raised him and later she told him about his father and that is why he hates him and chases him. Then later Yuber finds out he has a son and comes back. He takes the boy and trains him, gives him the armor and the sword. Pesmerga lets him do so to gain the strength to kill him, but then suddenly Yuber disappears and Pesmerga starts hunting him. As he is not human, Yuber might be also immortal without his true rune and that is why Pesmerga is immortal too, as Yuber's son.

Just a thougth, but maybe we should think about it.
Tonberry

The Tonberry Eggsperience

1819401 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 6:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

[quote="ferrouslupusrex":2ooeewmh]It is probable that Pesmerga was already killed by Yuber hence his lack of appearance and why Yuber has two swords instead of one...

This is definitely a possibility. I don't know how deeply Konami thinks about naming its characters, but Pesmerga's name suggests that he will [url=http://www.slate.com/id/2080527/:2ooeewmh]confront death[/url:2ooeewmh].
JetTheHellfire

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:49 pm    Post subject: The Obligatory Post Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Sorry to resurrect such an ancient thread about such an overdebated subject, but I took the time to go through all 20 pages, so here's my 2ยข on Yuberga:

What was said about Yuber having lost his humanity makes the most sense. A lot of people tend to think he's a demon or other sort of conjured being, but there's nothing to suggest this at all except for judgements made of him by other characters calling him inhuman. I think it was John Layfield who said the context of the summoning was never stated. So true. For all we know, it could just be a way of grabbing the attention of someone with a True Rune.

There's also been no indication that he's bound to those who call upon him. It's more like mercenary contracts because of how and when he leaves. His contract no longer has the potential to be honored, so *poof*. Not the sort of thing you'd expect a conjured demon bound to its summoner to do. Wouldn't the demon turn on the summoner if it felt betrayed? Occult lore would suggest so, but in Konami's world I guess anything's possible. It's just odd that people feel the need to assume he's some sort of creature from another world. Just having a True Rune for hundreds of years is enough for someone to no longer be attached to the society from which they once came.

Have there been instances of non-humans with True Runes (no, Jeane & Viki theories don't count lol)? I can't think of any, but even if an Elf or Kobold ended up with a Rune, that's still the Rune fixing itself to an otherwise normal being, not one that needs to be conjured. If this is the case with Yuber then he would be the only one. Would that even be practical for a Rune? And I don't see the Star Dragon Sword as being a "non-human bearer" but an Incar if what he said of himself was even to be believed so that's still no comparison.

I can't think Yuber would be an Incar either, since he had two runes on him anyway. Why would an Incar need to do that?

As far as his change of clothes, his purpose in S3 wasn't that of a general in large scale battle, so maybe the armor just wasn't necessary? Maybe he just got tired of it. Maybe the others asked him not to wear it because it would draw too much attention to them. No indication he ditched the armor to hide from Pesmerga.

Which brings us to the other half of this topic... Pesmerga's supposed to have the same or similar face, and they were wearing the same armor for the first 2 games which Yuber was wearing 300 years in the past. The idea someone put up here about them being related makes since with the facial similarity. But even if they aren't brothers or whatever, I think the armor suggests Pesmerga's been around as long as Yuber because its not found in use by any known group of people. Either it's custom for the two of them or they were in an ancient order that no longer exists. Aronians maybe? Sindar? Who knows...

The comparison to the Mirages has been made, but they aren't identical to them, and it only seems to validate the ancientness of the armor's style to me. The silent walking thing could just be a quality of the armor or something runic, not necessarily the nature of its wearer.

So if Pesmerga's been around for that long, it only makes sense he's got a Rune as well. As to its nature, it wouldn't have to be the antipode of Yuber's if their conflict isn't due specifically to their Runes. Nothing official has been stated about the reasons for said conflict, so there's no way to know anything about this at all.

There's the Chaos & Dharma thing, but nothing really connects them with that except for Yuber's little bit about "chaos would suit him just fine" but that's pretty much it. He does seem to enjoy his work, but there's no indication of chaos & destruction being his only purpose in life. He has expressed some unhappiness about Runes and curses now and then (his verbal exchanges with Riou and then at the end of S3), but again we can't make broad assumptions on that either.

Overall, Yuber seems to be a deeper character than his counterpart, but then Pesmerga hasn't been given much screen time for us to really know what he's like. I hope that Konami doesn't scrap them or cheapen them. But if we even get any more games that continue with the main series, I won't hold my breath for too major of a showdown between them. It wouldn't even be a shock if Yuber ended up a full fledged ally since he's already been a Star. Actually I think that would rock...

Ok, that's it. Maybe I'll stop bumping old stuff up for awhile lol
The_Sun_Rune

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

I want to inform you that there is a new social network launched for suikoden lovers. WWW.SUIKOLOVERS.NING.COM
yuber_999

0 Potch
0 Soldiers
0 Nation Points

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Add User to Ignore List

Yuber

Controller of time of beginning..

Pesmerga

Controller of time of the end..

If the two of us wont combine our true runes, then the suiko world will be in complete imbalance,
thus viki and jeane will have to show their true identity.. an identity w/c you never expected....

I yuber wishes to stay alive for if we combine therune of time peace will prosper.. and i will vanish from this world
and be back from the dark havoc which i hail..

anymore questions regarding me will be answered based on our storyline 14yrs ago
this is our real story....
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Character Discussion All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 20 of 21

Jump to: